Start by marking “Bitch on Wheels: The Sharon Nelson Double Murder Case” as Want to Read:
Bitch on Wheels: The Sharon Nelson Double Murder Case

Bitch on Wheels: The Sharon Nelson Double Murder Case

Updated file, March 2013

This title was previously published as Confessions of an American Black Widow.

From the New York Times bestselling author Gregg Olsen...

Sharon Nelson, a Colorado woman, had her lover Gary Adams murder two of her three husbands. But more interesting than the crime itself is Olsen's portrait of Nelson as a brash, trashy, manipulative sexpot who believe
Published January 12th 2010 by Gregg Olsen (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Bitch on Wheels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitch on Wheels

♥ Marlene♥
Update March 6 2017: The book I just finished is called Bitch on Wheels. So pissed off that this book is sold under a new name. It feels to me that readers are being duped when authors or their publishers change the name. So yes they managed to dupe me into buying this book twice.

Then reviewing this book I hated the jumping in time. I always try not to read the prologue because I like not to know (and yes I had forgotten this story totally. had no idea I had already read it which is not a comp
Lady♥Belleza★✰
See "Bitch On Wheels"

This book was originally published in 1998 under the title “Confessions of an American Black Widow”, it was re-released in 2013 as an e-book with the title “Bitch on Wheels”. I have the 1998 version in paperback, the 2013 version as an ebook, mainly because I didn’t realize they were the same book. M. William Phelps wrote a foreword for the ebook version, a fact I find appropriate since I was reading his book at the same time I was reading this.

We come into the story at the
Valerie
Jan 09, 2013 Valerie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book on my Kindle Fire and it had a completely different title: "Bitch on Wheels - the Sharon Nelson Double Murder Case." The story was often repugnant in its details, but I am convinced that this woman was not born a sociopath, but made one when her father forced her to marry a minister at age 19 when she was interested in expanding her learning, etc. It did not help that she had a cold and distant mother who obviously made all the decisions, leaving her husband to carry them out. S ...more
Lady♥Belleza★✰

We come into the story at the death of Sharon Nelso
Vicki Tyley
Sep 03, 2013 Vicki Tyley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie, true-crime
"She had money and, at least she hoped, all that comes with that. She had everything but what many women hold the most dear. Sharon no longer had her children."Bitch on Wheels: The Sharon Nelson Double Murder Case

Gregg Olsen does an exceptional job of drawing the reader in. He even had me at times feeling sorry for the woman described as “sweet as honey pie dipped in sugar and rolled in razor blades.” Though these sympathies were fleeting, it made her more real, more human.

This was my first Gr
Debbie
Jun 14, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first full length Greg Olsen book I've read and will definitely not be the last. I cant believe how Sharon managed to get away with so much for so long. The only bad point I have is that the book jumped from past to present which annoyed me at first but I got used to it throughout the book.
SouthWestZippy
The writing was great, the story was fascinating but I did not like the arrangement of the story line. I like the beginning, middle and end to be just that.
Kaycee ❤️

"She had money, at least she hoped, all that comes with that. She had everything but what many woman hold the most dear. Sharon no longer had her children." - Bitch on Wheels: The Sharon Nelson Double Murder Case.

It was a good read. I couldn't put the book down. I liked the author's narrative style in tellinn this story. I actually need to remind myself thay this actually happened in real life and not just the author's imagination. I also liked how the Greg Olsen gave us an insight to the life
Heather
Mar 15, 2017 Heather rated it liked it
I am a huge fan of true crime books and have read a great many. Sometimes they waffle on about aspects that have no bearing on the crime itself - this book does not do that.
This book is very unusual in that the killers plead guilty so the trial portion is missing. So although written in a very clear way the ending is rather abrupt. I also really do like the photographs of the people involved so I get a feel for who they are (not the gruesome death photos) however when reading this on my kindle
Dennis Dame
Feb 22, 2017 Dennis Dame rated it it was amazing
Hard to put down.

Gregg Olsen always writes in a style that makes you want to read all night. Too many true crime books gets to the point of boredom, but this book keeps your attention until the end. I recommend this book especially to true crime buffs.
Radiance Martin
Mar 19, 2017 Radiance Martin rated it it was amazing
Mindboggling

A great story, both believable and so ewhat

A great rest both believable and predictable. Makes you WO der how people sleep at night.
Renee
Jun 22, 2015 Renee rated it it was amazing
'

Five stars (just)a generous full score pertaining mostly to how this book excels at fulfilling the true crime genre. Refreshingly, nearly all of the book is dedicated to the truly staggering "bitch on wheels." The legal proceedings are merely a footnote, and the book focuses instead on the story of how this audacious woman intertwines her narcissistic web around the people closest to her.

The narrative style is wonderfully descriptive, with the poet touches of great storytelling. You do need to
Kimberly Hicks
Mar 25, 2014 Kimberly Hicks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: True-Crime Readers
Recommended to Kimberly by: Bookbub
Shelves: read-on-kindle
The title of this book is perfectly suited for Sharon Fuller Nelson Harrelson. Whatever Sharon wants, Sharon gets and she gets it by any means necessary. What better way to live the high life than to throw your feminine wows at other women's husbands, take them, suck them into your web, and then murder them for the money?!

Sharon didn't live by society's rules, she lived by her own rules--whichever suited her. If it meant taking your man, letting your children run wild, cheating on your husband
Bellezza
Feb 29, 2016 Bellezza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This book was originally published in 1998 under the title 1CConfessions of an American Black Widow 1D, it was re-released in 2013 as an e-book with the title 1CBitch on Wheels 1D. I have the 1998 version in paperback, the 2013 version as an ebook, mainly because I didn 19t realize they were the same book. M. William Phelps wrote a foreword for the ebook version, a fact I find appropriate since I was reading his book at the same time I was reading this.

We come into the story at the death of Shar
Lynda Kelly
Jan 09, 2013 Lynda Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deleted
This was an interesting true tale but I had a totally ruined reading experience due to so many editing errors, sadly.
There were a lot of instances where gaps were suddenly inserted into words and also missing words here and there. The most annoying thing was a lack of paragraph breaks which made for tricky reading since from one line to the next it skipped ahead to a totally different location or segment of the story !!
Some daft mistakes too like Tm instead of I'm and name changes from Perry to
Denise Zendel
Feb 15, 2015 Denise Zendel rated it it was ok
This is the true crime story of Sharon Nelson, a Colorado woman, who had her lover Gary Adams murder two of her three husbands in the 1980s. She almost got away with everything, but dogged police work and her own inability to keep her mouth shut brought her down.

I am a fan of this author, but I thought this was just so-so. There were some editing and formatting issues that drew me out of the story, which wasn’t all that interesting to begin with, and it was disorganized. But there I was on the t
Indra
Dec 20, 2010 Indra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime
Gregg Olsen is one of the best true crime writers around, in my opinion...he's a good researcher and interviewer and his tone is ever so slightly gossipy--there's something in it that can draw a reader in. This case was interesting because the black widow of the title suddenly gave herself up and that's the one thing about this case I didn't really get--I wonder what motivated her to do that. As with "Bitter Almonds", this book leaves the reader wondering what happened to the players in the stor ...more
Emma
Jan 05, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to believe there are people like this in the world it there is! Very well written, totally compelling, I just had to find out more on the Internet but there wasn't more. Everything was captured in this book. Unfortunately the kindle version doesn't have photos but otherwise gripping from start to finish.
Mary Glass
Oct 09, 2014 Mary Glass rated it liked it
Never enough

Sharon wanted what she wanted and that was always subject to change.Just about the the most selfish, self absorbed hunk of humanity I've been privileged to read about. There wasn't anyone she wouldn't use or discard. We are all safer with this wench behind bars. So many people destroyed first, though.
Book Junkie
Oct 25, 2015 Book Junkie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Great true crime story about Sharon Nelson, "the American black widow". Olsen paints a vivid portrait of a manipulative, poisonous and alluring woman who leaves a trail of broken families and dead lovers in her wake. Actually, the description of Sharon eerily reminded me of my father's wife! Yikes!!
Roger Charles
Jan 22, 2016 Roger Charles rated it it was amazing
A very well written book that provided an odd and twisted view of a truly mad woman. Her influential power made her nearly unstoppable as Gregg Olsen kept this page turner fresh and all too believable. A true crime story of greed and selfishness while over running the boundaries of ethics and morals. I'll have to read another Olsen book!
Elizabeth Horton-Newton
Readers of Gregg Olsen usually find his true crime books revealing and inaightful. Regrettably this one falls short of his usual detail and thoughtfulness. Written in an extremely dry, "just the facts m'am" style I never really cared about the victims or their families. Even the "Black Widow" wasn't compelling. Sad to say I can't recommend this as a must read.
Stephanie
I liked the story but am a little skeptical on the author.

I get the subject was a woman of VERY questionable character but his constant pointing out she was a "slut", "whore" and more got to be a bit much. I kind of was to read another of his books to see if this was just this book or he really is a sexist.
Vera
Jun 26, 2016 Vera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating book , although it should contain. But more details about the crimes , it's a compelling story about a woman who was a very bad person and before long was managing to go around all her crimes .
Walter Herrick
This must be one of Olsen's first books, because unfortunately the beginning was filled with weird analogies...and just plain goofy and bad writing. Later in the book it was alright, so either I got used to it, or he improved. Still, it was at a bargain price, so it is worth a read.
Landon
Dec 03, 2012 Landon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A true story about a woman who seems to never be able to get enough. How she moved through three marriages and countless affairs is told in deep detail. Just ok- if you've read a lot of true crime you might like it, if not, there's a lot of better true crime books and authors out there to try.
Kathy Moore
I love true crime, and I was surprised to see it took place in southern Colorado for the most part. I only got it cause it was $2.99 on Amazon, but I did like it. No pics on Kindle though, I wanted to see what everybody looked like, so ordering the paperback version too. Fast read.
Lori Murphy
Sep 08, 2015 Lori Murphy rated it really liked it
Very good book. Hard to put down. Wish there had been pictures. Will definitely read again

Very good read. Will definitely read again. Wish there had been pictures so I could put faces with names. Such a sad story.
****
Jeanine
Feb 25, 2012 Jeanine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: true-crime
Meet Sharon Lee, a sleazy man-grabbing, money grubber. This story is very dark and compelling. The book is excellently written by Gregg Olsen who has the midas-touch in writing true crime. The book was well researched and well written. It is simply a page turner! I highly recommend it.
Dava
Nov 20, 2016 Dava rated it really liked it
While I really liked the story, there were so many things that were repeated. I listened to this on Audible and actually thought, on several occasions, that the book has lost its place and went back a few chapters. This actually was not the case, just redundant.
  • Perfect Poison: A Female Serial Killer's Deadly Medicine
  • Murder in Little Egypt
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Erased: Missing Women, Murdered Wives
  • Buried Memories
  • Dismembered
  • In Broad Daylight
  • The Man With The Candy: The Story of The Houston Mass Murders
  • Dead And Buried: A Shocking Account of Rape, Torture, and Murder on the California Coast
  • Fatal: The Poisonous Life of a Female Serial Killer
  • She Wanted It All
  • Death Sentence: The True Story of Velma Barfield's Life, Crimes, and Punishment
  • Killer Nurse
  • Bad Boy: The True Story of Kenneth Allen McDuff, the Most Notorious Serial Killer in Texas History
  • Precious Victims
Throughout his career, Gregg Olsen has demonstrated an ability to create a detailed narrative that offers readers fascinating insights into the lives of people caught in extraordinary circumstances.

A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Olsen has written ten nonfiction books, ten novels, and contributed a short story to a collection edited by Lee Child.

The award-winning author has been a guest on
More about Gregg Olsen...