Start by marking “Superman/Doomsday: The Aftermath” as Want to Read:
Superman/Doomsday: The Aftermath

Superman/Doomsday: The Aftermath (Post-Crisis Superman Chronology #21)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  273 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Superman's unforgettable battles with Doomsday, the incredibly powerful creature responsible for the Man of Steel's death, are collected in this massive graphic novel. The two foes are-locked in hand-to-hand combat in story after epic story, as Doomsday tries again and again to take down his greatest foe once and foe all
Published June 7th 2006 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Superman/Doomsday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman/Doomsday

Psychofox
A DC ploy to make Superman be read again. Does it work? Yes.
In this special story arc, Superman was killed by a geneticly engineered creature, Doomsday. After his demise, 4 Supermen (wearing his insignia) stepped up to fit in his shoes.
One is called Son of Krypton, who turned out to be a back up "conscience" activated by the computers in the original Superman's Fortress of Solitude, who then take over his entombed body to be recharged back in the fortress. This Superman has the tendency to be c
Perry
Superman dies, but not really. Doomsday dies, but keeps creeping back. This makes no sense.
Alan
Nov 13, 2011 Alan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Superman fans
I was looking for a fun read when I picked this up, and that's eactly what I got!
I'm a huge Superman fan and always wanted to know what happened after Superman and Doomsday's epic battle.
Not only are the action scenes amazingly drawn, but you get to discover a little bit about Doomsday's past, which I found really interesting. The only thing that annoyed me was the inconsistency of the artwork with between the different 'chapters', also the final confronatation was a little bit disappointing.
De
Fee
Although he looks like a sucka in the blue and red suit, I liked the villians in the story and the flashbacks of his past. Too bad, they can't make superman movies with Darkseid or Doomsday. Kojac is overrated, I got enough of Dr. Evil to where we still have to deal with Lex. No more superman movies if your not going to put some cool villians.
Polly
Another what-were-they-thinking? from the children's collection. Even the spine screams "not a children's book" to me, and as for the cover, that's pretty scary stuff. Not that there's much that's genuinely inappropriate in this, it just isn't intended for kids, so might as well go where the intended audience will find it!
Dan
I read the comic where Superman dies fighting Doomsday as a kid and it was pretty powerful to me then, so I had to get this when I saw it at the comic store. It was highly entertaining but not blow you away good. This is more about Doomsday than Superman, you get to learn his history.
Ryan Scicluna
A very comprehensive collection of Doomsday after The Death of Superman storyline. We get his origins, how the heroes of the DC (mainly superman) deal with him and also how he was used by other villains in their schemes through out the Dc universe.
Mario
An interesting depiction of Doomsday and his history. I like the art and writing, and it is a suitable piece to add for Superman Fans.
Mike
May 11, 2013 Mike rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
From the descriptions I assume this collects Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey and the Doomsday annual.
Shannon Appelcline
Generally interesting stories about Doomsday (other than the atrocious finale by Jeph Loeb).
Michael
I always wondered where Doomsday came from...
Jamie
Very dramatic!!
Ziaro
Ziaro added it
Mar 15, 2015
Maranda
Maranda marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Tim Armstrong
Tim Armstrong marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Garret
Garret marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Martin
Martin marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
  • Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn
  • Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 5: Emerald Eclipse
  • Countdown to Final Crisis, Vol. 1
  • Absolute Justice
Dan Jurgens is an American comic book writer and artist. He is best known for creating the superhero Booster Gold, and for his lengthy runs on the Superman titles Adventures of Superman and Superman (vol. 2), particularly during The Death of Superman storyline. Other series he has been associated with include The Sensational Spider-Man (Vol. 1), Thor (vol. 2), Captain America (vol. 3), Justice Lea ...more
More about Dan Jurgens...

Post-Crisis Superman Chronology (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol. 1
  • Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol. 6
  • Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol. 7
  • Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol. 8
  • Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
The Death of Superman The Return of Superman World Without a Superman Green Arrow, Vol. 1: The Midas Touch Justice League International, Vol. 1: The Signal Masters