Start by marking “Superman/Doomsday: The Aftermath” as Want to Read:
Superman/Doomsday: The Aftermath

Superman/Doomsday: The Aftermath (Post-Crisis Superman Chronology #21)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  327 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Superman's unforgettable battles with Doomsday, the incredibly powerful creature responsible for the Man of Steel's death, are collected in this massive graphic novel. The two foes are-locked in hand-to-hand combat in story after epic story, as Doomsday tries again and again to take down his greatest foe once and foe all
Published June 7th 2006 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Superman/Doomsday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superman/Doomsday

Psychofox
Aug 08, 2007 Psychofox rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A DC ploy to make Superman be read again. Does it work? Yes.
In this special story arc, Superman was killed by a geneticly engineered creature, Doomsday. After his demise, 4 Supermen (wearing his insignia) stepped up to fit in his shoes.
One is called Son of Krypton, who turned out to be a back up "conscience" activated by the computers in the original Superman's Fortress of Solitude, who then take over his entombed body to be recharged back in the fortress. This Superman has the tendency to be c
Anthony Lawrie
Jan 15, 2016 Anthony Lawrie rated it it was ok
Pretty dull stuff. This is for completists only but not essential reading for Superman fans. The first story is ok but it goes downhill quite rapidly after that. There are other Superman comics out there that are 100 times better!
Nick Sosa
Apr 05, 2016 Nick Sosa rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much, and highly recommend this graphic novel to any fan of Superman. I give this book 4 out of 5, and it is one of my favorites.
Joel Patterson
Mar 12, 2016 Joel Patterson rated it really liked it
An excellent collection of Doomsday chronicles including Doomsday origin, a Doomsday/Green Lantern battle, and a Doomsday clash with Darkseid!
Perry
Jan 16, 2015 Perry rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
Superman dies, but not really. Doomsday dies, but keeps creeping back. This makes no sense.
Alan
Nov 13, 2011 Alan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Superman fans
I was looking for a fun read when I picked this up, and that's eactly what I got!
I'm a huge Superman fan and always wanted to know what happened after Superman and Doomsday's epic battle.
Not only are the action scenes amazingly drawn, but you get to discover a little bit about Doomsday's past, which I found really interesting. The only thing that annoyed me was the inconsistency of the artwork with between the different 'chapters', also the final confronatation was a little bit disappointing.
De
Fee
Jun 03, 2009 Fee rated it liked it
Although he looks like a sucka in the blue and red suit, I liked the villians in the story and the flashbacks of his past. Too bad, they can't make superman movies with Darkseid or Doomsday. Kojac is overrated, I got enough of Dr. Evil to where we still have to deal with Lex. No more superman movies if your not going to put some cool villians.
Polly
Mar 15, 2012 Polly rated it it was ok
Another what-were-they-thinking? from the children's collection. Even the spine screams "not a children's book" to me, and as for the cover, that's pretty scary stuff. Not that there's much that's genuinely inappropriate in this, it just isn't intended for kids, so might as well go where the intended audience will find it!
Dan
Apr 19, 2009 Dan rated it liked it
I read the comic where Superman dies fighting Doomsday as a kid and it was pretty powerful to me then, so I had to get this when I saw it at the comic store. It was highly entertaining but not blow you away good. This is more about Doomsday than Superman, you get to learn his history.
Ryan Scicluna
Nov 02, 2012 Ryan Scicluna rated it really liked it
Shelves: superman
A very comprehensive collection of Doomsday after The Death of Superman storyline. We get his origins, how the heroes of the DC (mainly superman) deal with him and also how he was used by other villains in their schemes through out the Dc universe.
Mario
May 20, 2010 Mario rated it liked it
An interesting depiction of Doomsday and his history. I like the art and writing, and it is a suitable piece to add for Superman Fans.
Mike
May 11, 2013 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
From the descriptions I assume this collects Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey and the Doomsday annual.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 10, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
Generally interesting stories about Doomsday (other than the atrocious finale by Jeph Loeb).
Michael
Jun 14, 2008 Michael rated it really liked it
I always wondered where Doomsday came from...
Jamie
Mar 27, 2009 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Very dramatic!!
Chuck Finley
Chuck Finley rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Ryan R. Snyder
Ryan R. Snyder rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
G
G rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
LHK
LHK rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Satyajit Nadkarni
Satyajit Nadkarni marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Sean Watson
Sean Watson rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Benjamin Kimble
Benjamin Kimble marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Travis Johnston
Travis Johnston marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Brandon Atchley
Brandon Atchley marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Stace Lee
Stace Lee rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Deva Muthusamy
Deva Muthusamy rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Vishvesh
Vishvesh rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Marcio
Marcio rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 8:  Finest Worlds
  • Superman and Batman vs. Alien and Predator
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 6: Torment
  • Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn
Dan Jurgens is an American comic book writer and artist. He is best known for creating the superhero Booster Gold, and for his lengthy runs on the Superman titles Adventures of Superman and Superman (vol. 2), particularly during The Death of Superman storyline. Other series he has been associated with include The Sensational Spider-Man (Vol. 1), Thor (vol. 2), Captain America (vol. 3), Justice Lea ...more
More about Dan Jurgens...

Post-Crisis Superman Chronology (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Superman: The Man of Steel, Vol. 1