Start by marking “Water Wings” as Want to Read:
Water Wings

Water Wings

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  245 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Pearl and Gran dragged the boxes of junk out of the attic. Sticking out of Pearl's box were some fat pink tubes. She picked on up and realized what it was.

"Gran," she said. "Are these floties yours?"

"They're water wings," Gran said. She stared at the water wings for ages. Her eyes, Pearl saw, were full of tears.

Pearl has a secret hidden in the family freezer. But Gran's da
Published September 7th 2001 by MacMillan UK (first published June 6th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Water Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water Wings

Shane Harcombe
Feb 28, 2014 Shane Harcombe rated it really liked it
This book was a pleasure to read and has all the Gleitzman trademarks: young, lovable, naive central character; lots of humour embedded in the story; serious "issue" (or in this case issues) being dealt with.

Hard to talk about the end without spoilers - but I did feel the "issue" of choice being addressed sort of snuck up on me and wasn't what I was expecting. I also wasn't comfortable with just how involved Pearl was at the end - it is a very fine line.

It is this that prevents me from reading
Brenda
Feb 29, 2012 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book because it was recommended to us (Matt and I) on Library Thing after he posted a review on Going Solo. It was British. It was funny and the cover looked great. We decided to give it a try. I it fit into my reading pile this vacation.

The book that I read had not been Americanized and I am wondering how it would be changed if it were to be published for an American audience. I think much would be lost. Perhaps that is why it is not known here. I am very glad to have read it. I wo
Debra
Oct 19, 2015 Debra rated it really liked it
I found this strange little book on the self of the used bookstore where I work and just had to read it. What a beautiful, sad, funny tale that I felt like was missing many pages as I wanted to spend more time with all of the characters including the guinea pig.
Harun Harahap
Ternyata hai ternyata, ini lanjutannya buku yang Belly Flop(Asal Loncat).

Disini, tokoh Mitch, anak yang suka berkahayal kalau ia memiliki malaikat pelindung bernama Doug, muncul lagi.Ia muncul karena tokoh utama dibuku ini, Pearl menulis surat kepada calon neneknya yang ternyata adalah nenek dari Mitch Juga. Cerita ini sekiranya gw akan bercerita tentang Pearl yang merindukan seorang Nenek, ternyata lebih banyak bercerita tentang Nenek.

Di buku inilah, akhirnya kita bisa mengetahui siapa Doug se
Pujiyanto stiffy
3,5/5
seperti biasa, dibuat tertawa dengan cerita karya Morris Gleitzman.
kisahnya sebenernya mengharukan, tapi berkat Om Gleitzman, dengan ciri khas tulisannya yang nyentrik, eksekusi buku ini menjadi penuh humor di setiap kesempatan.
Dari beberapa karya Morris Gleitzman yang sudah aku baca sejauh ini, ini kisah yang paling 'meaning' menurutku.
Patty Jansen
Apr 22, 2012 Patty Jansen rated it it was amazing
This book is a total little gem, and deserves a lot more attention than it gets. The kids left it on the table, I picked it up and before I knew I'd read all of it.

Heartfelt and full of emotion.
Greer Knight
Sep 26, 2009 Greer Knight rated it really liked it
it is a hilerous book with all diffenet things to it it is touching and sad you willl ove it
Jillian
Jun 19, 2012 Jillian rated it it was amazing
I adore this book and re-read now and then, the grandmother reminds me of my own gran.
Stella
Mar 19, 2013 Stella rated it it was amazing
Shelves: morris-gleitzman
I am shocked with words it is such a great book short review but means a lot to me
Marina
Feb 12, 2010 Marina rated it liked it
'Twas a meh book. Interesting to me when I was younger, but not so much now.
Indah Threez Lestari
Sad ending... ups, it's not spoiler, is it?
Sharon
Jan 26, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Very cute; funny; dark and made me cry.
Asti Arum
Sep 07, 2013 Asti Arum rated it it was amazing
realllly love this! pure..laugh n love.
Ayunda
Nov 20, 2009 Ayunda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
sad, cute, simple
Giulia
Giulia added it
Jun 22, 2016
Louise
Louise rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Watermelon
Watermelon marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Wolfrott
Wolfrott rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Cate
Cate rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Simone Coote
Simone Coote rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
E K Lewis
E K Lewis rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Sharky
Sharky rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Joe Taylor
Joe Taylor rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2016
Jeninah Lozada
Jeninah Lozada rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Krista Recsei
Krista Recsei rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Water Wings 2 17 May 25, 2016 10:56PM
  • Selby Speaks (Selby, #2)
  • Unseen! (Uncollected)
  • The Timekeeper (Finders Keepers, #2)
  • 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • The Magic Locket
  • The Sign of the Seahorse
  • Magic Beach
  • Clifford To The Rescue
  • Just Tricking!
  • Legend (Lockie Leonard, #3)
Morris began his writing career as a screenwriter, and wrote his first children's novel in 1985. His brilliantly comic style has endeared him to children and adults alike, and he is now one of Australia's most successful authors, both internationally and at home. He was born in England in 1953 and emigrated to Australia in 1969 so he could escape from school and become a Very Famous Writer.

Before
More about Morris Gleitzman...