Start by marking “Belly Flop” as Want to Read:
Belly Flop

Belly Flop

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  188 ratings  ·  14 reviews
11 year-old Mitch lives in a very remote Australian town. Desperate to win friends and earn his family the gratitude of the hostile locals, he decides to become a world champion diver. Trouble is, there's no water big enough to dive into for 600 miles... A new, bitter-sweet and brilliantly funny novel from an internationally acclaimed children's writer.
Paperback
Published September 7th 2001 by MacMillan UK (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Belly Flop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belly Flop

Johara Almogbel
Another one from my childhood. My parents had gotten it as a gift from the one time they'd gone on Virgin Airlines, which I think is an excellent marketing gimmick.

Overall, good book. I liked Gran and the Webbers. The townspeople I hated, because they're hateful people who're mean to a kid for circumstances out of his control. It's not his fault they took out loans, and it's not his dad's fault they didn't pay it back, and it's not the mum's fault it never rained. So although I'm glad things wor
Harun Harahap
Di awal2 cerita sih agak membosankan karena kurangnya dialog yang biasanya sering dipakai dalam buku anak-anak. Lebih banyak diceritakan Mitch Webber 'berdialog' dengan malaikat penjaganya, Doug.

Kisah makin nikmat dibaca saat pertentangan Mitch dengan keluarganya tentang keberadaan Doug. Mitch yakin Doug selalu menjaganya, bahkan saat ia celakapun, Mitch bisa melihat semuanya dengan positif dan berakhir dengan ucapan terima kasih kepada Doug.

Mitchyang berusaha untuk mengambil hati para tetanggan
Natania
Mar 04, 2014 Natania is currently reading it
Shelves: school
How do you read it
Vishal
Today is Christmas and I just finished this book. This is a book about a boy and his conversations with his imaginary guardian angel . I think today was a perfect day to read such a book even though it is just a children's book. :)
On any other day having different mood, I would have left it only after reading few chapters,
Pujiyanto stiffy
seperti biasa, imajinasi liar tokohnya membuat buku-buku Gleitzman lain dari pada yang lain.
Kali ini tentang Mitch yang merasa memiliki malaikat pelindung.
Teman khayalan yang selalu ia mintai saran dan ia anggap keberuntungan... kenapa tidak?
Rachel
I loved Morris Gleitzman when I was a kid. So much so that my mum took me to see him do a talk for kids who wanted to be writers. He signed my book and was very encouraging. Good memory :)
Rini
Aug 08, 2007 Rini rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who like angels
I like angels so much, so just like my friend sawamura-sama i like this book too even this book it's been included as child book. love it... i do believe people are angels and also demons.
Melon Manis
Reading it pages thru pages can make you think will a magical thing really happen to the boy?
You'll find family love in this story and it succeeded in touching me :)
Meaghan Mallia
morris gleitzman is a good author but i cant really remember this book weather it was good or not
Rachel
May 23, 2008 Rachel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Got this from a Virgin Airlines in-flight bag when I was eleven. Interesting book.
Kate
it was ok but I have read worse books in my life
Wendy Ju
UM..........................................
OK
Uci
Now this is the Morris Gleitzman that I like :)
Urooj Adnan
Urooj Adnan marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Elyse
Elyse added it
Jan 31, 2015
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Danica Hayes
Danica Hayes marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green
  • The Very Bad Book
  • Somewhere Around the Corner
  • 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • Minoes
  • Hairy Maclary's Bone
  • Unseen! (Uncollected)
  • The Intruders
  • The French Confection (Diamond Brothers, #5)
  • Spot Loves His Daddy
  • Naughty Stories for Good Boys and Girls: The Complete Book of All 13 Volumes
  • Selby's Secret
  • The Bugalugs Bum Thief
  • A Happy Meeting (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • One Red Dot: A Pop-Up Book for Children of All Ages
  • The Very Itchy Bear
  • Green Wilma, Frog in Space
  • The Great Nursery Rhyme Disaster
Morris began his writing career as a screenwriter, and wrote his first children's novel in 1985. His brilliantly comic style has endeared him to children and adults alike, and he is now one of Australia's most successful authors, both internationally and at home. He was born in England in 1953 and emigrated to Australia in 1969 so he could escape from school and become a Very Famous Writer.

Before
More about Morris Gleitzman...
Once (Once, #1) Then (Once, #2) Now (Once, #3) After (Once, #4) Boy Overboard