Start by marking “Belly Flop” as Want to Read:
Belly Flop

Belly Flop

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  196 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
11 year-old Mitch lives in a very remote Australian town. Desperate to win friends and earn his family the gratitude of the hostile locals, he decides to become a world champion diver. Trouble is, there's no water big enough to dive into for 600 miles... A new, bitter-sweet and brilliantly funny novel from an internationally acclaimed children's writer.
Paperback
Published September 7th 2001 by MacMillan UK (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Belly Flop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belly Flop

Alisha
Jul 08, 2015 Alisha rated it liked it
Morris Gleitzman was one of my absolute favourite childhood authors - I even got his autograph! His books are light and easy to read and have a comedic value only Andy Griffiths could match.
Loren
May 19, 2015 Loren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I must say I was quite disappointed with this book. I recall enjoying Morris Gleitzman's writing when I was a child but this book just wasn't that great. I found it a bit boring to be honest.
Johara Almogbel
Jan 24, 2016 Johara Almogbel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-the-library
Another one from my childhood. My parents had gotten it as a gift from the one time they'd gone on Virgin Airlines, which I think is an excellent marketing gimmick.

Overall, good book. I liked Gran and the Webbers. The townspeople I hated, because they're hateful people who're mean to a kid for circumstances out of his control. It's not his fault they took out loans, and it's not his dad's fault they didn't pay it back, and it's not the mum's fault it never rained. So although I'm glad things wor
Harun Harahap
Di awal2 cerita sih agak membosankan karena kurangnya dialog yang biasanya sering dipakai dalam buku anak-anak. Lebih banyak diceritakan Mitch Webber 'berdialog' dengan malaikat penjaganya, Doug.

Kisah makin nikmat dibaca saat pertentangan Mitch dengan keluarganya tentang keberadaan Doug. Mitch yakin Doug selalu menjaganya, bahkan saat ia celakapun, Mitch bisa melihat semuanya dengan positif dan berakhir dengan ucapan terima kasih kepada Doug.

Mitchyang berusaha untuk mengambil hati para tetanggan
Natania
Mar 04, 2014 Natania is currently reading it
Shelves: school
How do you read it
Vishal
Dec 24, 2013 Vishal rated it liked it
Today is Christmas and I just finished this book. This is a book about a boy and his conversations with his imaginary guardian angel . I think today was a perfect day to read such a book even though it is just a children's book. :)
On any other day having different mood, I would have left it only after reading few chapters,
Pujiyanto stiffy
seperti biasa, imajinasi liar tokohnya membuat buku-buku Gleitzman lain dari pada yang lain.
Kali ini tentang Mitch yang merasa memiliki malaikat pelindung.
Teman khayalan yang selalu ia mintai saran dan ia anggap keberuntungan... kenapa tidak?
Rachel
May 05, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
I loved Morris Gleitzman when I was a kid. So much so that my mum took me to see him do a talk for kids who wanted to be writers. He signed my book and was very encouraging. Good memory :)
Rini
Aug 08, 2007 Rini rated it liked it
Recommends it for: everyone who like angels
I like angels so much, so just like my friend sawamura-sama i like this book too even this book it's been included as child book. love it... i do believe people are angels and also demons.
hujanlia
Aug 08, 2007 hujanlia rated it liked it
Reading it pages thru pages can make you think will a magical thing really happen to the boy?
You'll find family love in this story and it succeeded in touching me :)
Meaghan Mallia
Jul 07, 2010 Meaghan Mallia rated it it was ok
morris gleitzman is a good author but i cant really remember this book weather it was good or not
SR
May 23, 2008 SR rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Got this from a Virgin Airlines in-flight bag when I was eleven. Interesting book.
Kate
Jul 14, 2012 Kate rated it liked it
it was ok but I have read worse books in my life
Wendy Ju
Mar 21, 2013 Wendy Ju rated it it was ok
UM..........................................
OK
Uci
Jun 08, 2009 Uci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now this is the Morris Gleitzman that I like :)
Speakercoret
14-11-09 minjem ma harun
Hannah Parker
Hannah Parker rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
KIRSTEN A FORSTER
KIRSTEN A FORSTER rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Clare
Clare added it
Jan 01, 2016
gkredhead
gkredhead rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Kiah Swinsburg
Kiah Swinsburg rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2015
Lex Brisalyn
Lex Brisalyn marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Kelly
Kelly added it
Oct 19, 2015
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Wil
Wil rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Elf
Elf rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
  • Odious Oceans (Horrible Geography)
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green
  • 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • The Bad Book
  • Somewhere Around the Corner
  • Hairy Maclary's Bone
  • Unseen! (Uncollected)
  • The Intruders
  • Minoes
  • Selby Splits (Selby, #9)
  • The French Confection (Diamond Brothers, #5)
  • The Bugalugs Bum Thief
  • Spot Loves His Mum
  • Don't Eat the Teacher
  • The Great Nursery Rhyme Disaster
  • The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round
Morris began his writing career as a screenwriter, and wrote his first children's novel in 1985. His brilliantly comic style has endeared him to children and adults alike, and he is now one of Australia's most successful authors, both internationally and at home. He was born in England in 1953 and emigrated to Australia in 1969 so he could escape from school and become a Very Famous Writer.

Before
More about Morris Gleitzman...