Start by marking “Under My Umbrella (Fated, #1)” as Want to Read:
Under My Umbrella (Fated, #1)

Under My Umbrella (Fated #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  654 ratings  ·  34 reviews

It’ll take more than a fire hose to cool down this attraction…

Fated, Book 1

Rain, rain, go away. That’s Jenna’s mantra as she suffers through yet another rain-soaked walk home from work. At least the tight butt of the guy walking in front of her offers some distraction. When he turns around and asks to share her umbrella, she realizes his front view is as smokin’ as the

Published (first published May 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Under My Umbrella, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under My Umbrella

Sans
Short and sweet. Not how I like my men, but good things for an erotic short story. This didn't feel like erotica though. Sure they were getting the hot monkey boom boom on in less than an hour of meeting each other, but the lack of graphic description and the characters thinking, "It's fate. I love him/her. But I can't say anything, it's too soon! Oh woe is my damp panties/strained zipper!" made this read more like a romance than erotica.

Whether you believe in love at first sight or love within...more
Jennifer  E
I read the blurb and I knew it was a short story. So I knew what I was getting into but this story did not set my blood on fire. I kept reading but I really didn't find anything spectacular about it. It was just blah. My heart was not in this story at all. Their chemistry did not come across to me. It was just words.
Heather in FL
This was a really cute story of fated love. I got a little tired of his inner dialogue about women who chase after men in uniform, lol, but other than that, it was a cute, quick read. And very steamy.
♥Trish♥
absolutly love these books! Great hot reads
Dre
Kimberly
My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

Jenna hates walking home in the rain, but she’s thankful she at least remembered her umbrella. Especially when a handsome, soaking wet stranger asks to share it with her. It turns out the stranger, Brett, is a firefighter who lives nearby. When Jenna boldly asks Brett if he wants to dry off in her apartment, they go from strangers to lovers in a flash. Was their rainy day meeting a sign they’re fated to be...more
Donna J
A hot and steamy fun story.

I don't normally buy into insta-love stories, but with the twist of 'fated' love this one worked for me. And boy did these two know how to heat things up :)
Anja
It's the first novella/short story of that kind I read and I have to agree with most of the comments that I kind of fell short. Yes, I get it's a short story and I know what to expect, but I kind of missed the tension, the build and the reward in the end when they finally got together. I don't mind thrown into hot sex right from the start, but give me at least a little bit story so I can get a hang of the characters, but didn't get any connection to the characters. I'm missing that too, because...more
Jessie
good quick read ..
Amanda Sheila
What a short read.

I finished this one less than an hour, I thought it's going to be a long story but apparently it's not. But I enjoyed it anyway.

I don't really like the character's inner talk. It's boring and I crave for conversation between Jenna and Brett. And to be honest, Jenna seems a bit 'needy' to me. I mean, she's insecure and I think it's kind of annoying.

But overall, I liked this book even though not exactly my favorite.
Christina Montminy
it was a very short read only 8 chapters. It was a good story though about a fireman & a graphic designer meeting in a rain storm on the street on the way home from work. It's quick into bed & quick to fall in love even with the usual drama of does he or she really like me or is it a short lived romp. I wish that it would've gone on further & I hope that this couple is in the book 2 of this series.
Purvika
well i have read many short stories... they comes in full package short sweet sexy ...

but here i did not get that hold .. i mean, i get the Love at fight sight concept but sex at first sight ... don't know.. it lacked a spark you know, when you read something, you keep expecting like WOW what will come next...
but it was a ok Read.

Jeanna-Has Probably Read It!
This was cute story but um just seemed a little rushed to me for the love connection. But it was cute and I love a man in uniform. Still, how was she going to get upset with a man because she wanted to get down but he was at work. Can the man have a little respect for her? Dang... Seemed too much at once.
Netanella
This is one of the few books where I actually enjoyed the cover more than the contents. Not that the story was bad - it was just too short to be emotionally engaging, and I couldn't bring myself to like the female lead, particulary when she pressured Brett to get it on at his job site.
Tina
Heat: 3 out of 5
Kink:

It was pretty good. I really can't put my finger on what is missing but I would like to read more by this author to see if she can write better. I did like the premise but didn't live up to my expectations.
Kathy
Under My Umbrella is an engaging story about love at first sight and believing that Fate plays a hand in our lives. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://bookreviewsandmorebykathy.com/...
Salim
really hot, moved a bit too fast i think and was more about sex than love. if you really think about it you can't fall in love with someone in weeks in most of the time your having sex... can you? :s
Kyle Brittain
Why? Would would you bring a random stranger to your apartment after just meeting them in the middle of the street?

The could be a murder.
Sofia Grey
The first in the Fated series, with a chance meeting in the rain. Hot and sexy, a great feel-good book that's perfect for any weather :-)
Melissa
Great Short Story.
The story of Jenna and Brett.
What started as a chance meeting in the rain, turned into a hot and sexy romance.
Yvonne
Loved the idea of meeting that one person who is just meant for you. Their attraction was off the charts. Awesome read!
Jen
This ended way too soon! I wish there was room for character and plot development because there's potential in this story.
Serena
This was a good short story! I aways want more with short ones but this finished well didn't feel like I was left hanging.
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
Really liked it! I thought this would just steamy with no real story but there's some emotion involved and I really liked it!
Monica
It was okay. I really liked the whole idea of this story, but it was just a little too quick and easy for me.
Njoyn
All they do is have sex. Then they decide they are in love. $2.80 on March 2011
Lade Tawak
I liked how they met. I like how the "relationship" "develops".
but it was a bit meh
Natasza Waters
Smoooth read. Good timing, sweet sexy characters. It worked for me.

Natasza
Kate
Didnt realize this was a novella and well I just wanted more!
Laura Gaudin
This book rocked, good story and great sizzle!
  • Romeo for Hire
  • Cop Appeal
  • Command and Control (Holding out for a Hero, #2)
  • Playboy Prankster (Extreme Racing, #1)
  • Just Right  (Not Quite Wicked #1)
  • Touching Lace (Vaughn, #1)
  • Can't Take The Heat (Brooklyn Heat, #1)
  • Shockwave (The Tarot Series, #1)
  • Asking for Andre
  • The Ever Knight
  • Bad to the Bone
  • She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy (Country Music Collection, #2)
  • Position Secured
  • Holiday Bound
  • Enjoying the Show (Wicked Warrens, #1)
  • Misunderstanding Mason
  • Impulsive (Men of Hawaii, #5)
  • Build Me Up
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes new adult romance as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...
Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1) Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1) Temporary Arrangement (The Renaldis, #0.5) Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis, #1) Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)