Start by marking “5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes” as Want to Read:
5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes

5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  44 reviews

Published October 6th 2010 by Grand Central Life & Style

To ask other readers questions about 5 Ingredient Fix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 Ingredient Fix

Clare
Sep 26, 2010 Clare marked it as to-read
it's obvious she doesn't have kids, but I want to try her recipes anyway.
Greg of A2
I've been watching Claire's Food Network TV show for awhile now (thank gawd for the DVR) and she impresses me as someone who is creative and isn't afraid to cook for the masses. Even though she's a French trained chef, her approach to all things cooking is very inclusive thanks to a rather unique upbringing. She's the first chef in quite awhile who I can honestly say has introduced me to a new concept in cooking - more from less. The book (Christmas gift from my wife) is gorgeous with few equals ...more
Dianna
When I saw the title of this cookbook, I was worried. I've seen cookbooks like this before, a bit gimmicky with the number of ingredients required to make a recipe. Usually the main idea is to provide fast and easy recipes. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the recipes in this cookbook don't call for canned soup or bottled sauces and dressings, as most cookbooks of this type seem to.

Instead, the point is to get the maximum flavor out of a few quality ingredients. Recipes call for cheese, o
Denise
5 Ingredient Fix is my favorite kind of cookbook. The recipes are fast and easy, don't require hard-to-find ingredients and yet they introduce me to new and interesting flavor combinations. I cooked a number of recipes from this cookbook and have many more flagged to try.

Fennel Orange Crackers - The flavors on these were as great as advertised. I didn't feel they had quite the cracker texture I was looking for, but found myself eating them anyway because they tasted so good!

Zucchini Ribbon Salad
Angelc
This is a beautiful cookbook with some really upscale recipes that have only five ingredients or less. Robinson's philosophy is that the more ingredients you add to a recipe, the farther away you get from the true flavor. Of course, the five ingredients that you do use need to be very high quality. While the recipes seem uncomplicated to prepare (yay!), they also seem like your grocery bill would be pretty high (boo!)

I loved that this book had sections on hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and appetizer
Wendy Hines
I'm a hardworking woman who comes home after a long day and still has to cook a meal for my family. Sure sometimes it's something we can just pop in the microwave or deep fryer, but it isn't healthy. I like making healthy meals for us, but time is always an issue. I've never seen this show on Food Network, but I am a big fan of the idea of easy to prepare foods, low ingredients, and it doesn't have to simmer or cook for hours. This book is chock-ful of delicious recipes that use only the bare am ...more
From my book review blog Rundpinne
5 Ingredient Fix: Easy Elegant and Irresistible Recipes by Claire Robinson is a well laid out cookbook with impressive pictures of both the food and the chef, an easy to navigate index and a selection of menus. The recipes stayed primarily around 5 ingredients, some did have a few more, and the directions appeared relatively straightforward. I definitely agree the recipes are elegant, but would beg to question easy and irresistible. Robinson’s cookbook is prob
Mary (BookHounds)
Robinson is the host of 5 Ingredient Fix on Food Network and one that I watch religiously. In this new cookbook, she puts on paper a lot of her favorites for you to try. This is such a beautiful cookbook, full of easy to use recipes and beautiful pictures. I tried several and the one that is most favored in my house is the grown up grilled cheese made with cheese that doesn't come wrapped in cellophane. I even tried my hand at creating my own 5 Ingredient Fix.

HERE IS MINE!

Cheesy Enchilada Casse
Carol Harlow
5 Ingredient Fix

Claire Robinson, the hot new Food Network star of 5 Ingredient Fix and Food Network Challenge, helps people get dinner on the table with little fuss and a few great ingredients. The quest for simple, affordable, and fresh, mouthwatering food is over. 5 INGREDIENT FIX helps put delicious and sophisticated meals on the table in a snap. With people struggling to simplify, streamline, and budget, the Food Network's Claire Robinson is here to help. Cooking doesn't have to be complicat
Kendra
I was personally bummed by this cookbook because I adore Claire Robinson endlessly. What's not to like? She's friendly, relatable, likeable, and I've always liked her cooking show. Whenever I watch her, I can't help but think... five ingredients? This woman and I need to become friends in real life. But then I got this cookbook and I made some of her recipes (Easy ones by the way, supposedly foolproof), and I didn't love them. I made the "Polenta fries with roasted tomato sauce" and the "Spicy c ...more
Kathleen
Some of my friends laugh at the notion of reading a cookbook, but ever since Julia Child's legendary endeavors a good cookbook is always more than a dry collection of recipes. Claire Robinson's collection is chic, savvy, and a pleasure to read. All of the recipes are easily alterable for more/fewer people and would be perfect for entertaining. Her approach to the kitchen is far from fussy, and relies on good ingredients—what food ought to be— without getting in their way.
Joanne
I like the idea of simple ingredients that don't hide the food. And I like Robinson's notes on each recipe, and the layout with the ingredients listed at the top of the page. The book is beautifully photographed, though there are far too many mildly seductive-looking photos of Robinson artfully posed next to her food. I mean, good grief, I love chocolate as much as the next girl, but I don't stand around in a low cut poet shirt thrusting my chest out while holding the chocolate up on my hand lik ...more
Tomi
5 Ingredient Fix features some fab recipes for every imaginable meal occasion. I've watched the show and she's got a wonderful passion for cooking and I like the fact that she chooses to keep it simple. The recipes are simple and each includes a little sidebar comment highlighting "What makes this recipe sing" and "What to toss in if you have it". One of my fave recipes is the grilled corn with curry yogurt. This was a hit with my kids and I grilled the corn on my cast iron stove top grill and g ...more
Monica
Comfort zone - begone. The recipes in this book definitely are not the run of the mill supper affair, at least not in my house. I like the 5 ingredient premise but there is often that the author (cook? chef? not sure what to call her) goes above the 5 ingredient mark. There are some main dishes that look intreguing as do some of the cocktails and desserts that I'm sure I will try. I do think that I will have to wait for a day when I am up for adventure as well as my husband (my food tasting guin ...more
Brigid
I really enjoyed this cookbook. As someone who doesn’t have a lot of pantry space I love the idea of using five ingredients or less! I have already made a number of recipes from this book and they are all fantastic. The recipes are easy to follow and seem so much less complicated because of the limited amount of ingredients. This is my new go-to cookbook for easy and elegant entertaining!

I received a copy of this book through the Goodreads giveaway.
Carol
I love this cookbook! I borrowed it from the library and think I now have to buy it. Too many recipes I want to try! I love that it is 5 ingredients really goes along with wanting to simplify. The pumpkin seed dried cherry trail mix is addicting. The ricotta thyme spaetzle (pg 181) is great. I've always bought spaetzle when making a German dish and my husband has never gone for seconds. He went for seconds and I was amazed. The kids liked them too.
Margie Hillebrecht
I received this book from Goodreads as a contest winner and was thrilled with this chance. While I did mark 4 or 5 recipes to try the rest were simply not to my taste and not really for the average family. I don't even know if I could locate some of the ingredients. I suppose a young upscale city dweller would find use for the book to impress her friends but as a mother in a small town I would have to say no to most of the recipes.
Nicole
So I get this book out of the library…browse through a few recipes and find a LARGE majority of them have MORE than 5 ingredients.

Don’t sell me on a book claiming to have recipes with 5 ingredients WHEN THEY DON’T!

Haven’t made a single thing and it’s going straight back to the shelves.

P.S. The one star is because some of the recipes do look really good but I refuse to partake out of principle!
Betsy
I am a huge fan of Claire! Her first cookbook is great! I've tried several of her easy and flavorful meals and have always been pleased. The recipe that is the most requested by my sweet hubby is Claire's dry rubbed BBQ chicken. This chicken is so moist and yummy. I can not wait for another book by Claire. Until then I will have to get my "fix" on the Food Network by watching her great show.
Rachelle
I loved Claire's introduction and how she explained what brought her to choose simple recipes with fewer ingredients. Her explanations are clear and easy to follow and I look forward to trying more of her awesome recipes filled with delightful ingredients!
The photos are mouth-watering! You’ll get inspired to start cooking just by looking at the pictures.
marmix
Never having seen her Food Network show, I was misled to believe that recipes having only 5 ingredients would be easy! Wrong. Most of the recipes here required fancy kitchen equipment or an exotic ingredient. Great photographs, but no nutritional information and she neglects to give the cook an estimate of how long each recipe should take.
J.
Jul 03, 2013 J. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: cookbook
Honest review? The recipes as easy and simplistic. The hilarious part of this book is that the author is clearly indulging in some narcissistic tendencies, because half of her pictures are of her modeling or some shit. Yes, she is pretty, but I mean half of the pictures in this are priceless with the posing she is doing.
Bridget
5 Ingredient Fix is full of great cooking tips and easy-to-prepare meals. The Rosemary-Parmesan Shortbread is so delicious! It has been my favorite thing to fix for the past week. Yeah, I've already made it three times. This would make the perfect gift for the food-lover in your life.
Jessie
This is a fantastic cookbook to own! All the recipes have five ingredients or less and are delicious. Due to the author having a french culinary education, the dishes are a little more sofisticated and are great for dinner parties or a nice weeknight dinner. I love the show and I love this book!
Dawnzi
Always love Claire. B/c she limits herself to 5 ingredients some of her recipes are lacking flavor...but that's where I get to play with the recipe, then! :) In this book she tells you things to add beyond the 5 ingredients. I wish she would do that on her show, too!
Nancy
the layout was good
and the recipes, obviously
were easy to follow.
No if there was a frugal
version of this book, Id be set
Back to the library
Taryn
Definitely has some recipes that I am planning to try! Love the 5 ingredient approach. Nothing turns me away from a recipe faster than a list longer than the page of ingredients (ahem, Guy Fieri).
Anonymous
I love simple recipes! A few I want to try: Mushroom Carpaccio, Polenta Fries, Filo Meat Pies, Potato Soup, Creamed Corn and Sautéed Wild Mushrooms (with worcestershire sauce).
Jenn
I had hoped there would be more family friendly recipes in this book. Though beautifully presented, I think there are few things in this book that my boys would enjoy.
Joann
Gorgeous photos and the food sounds delicious, but definitely not a cookbook for families! The recipes are easy, and definitely elegant, as the title suggests.
  • Ten Dollar Dinners: 140 Recipes and Tips for Delicious, Budget-Friendly Meals the Whole Family Can Enjoy
  • Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook: 200 New MUFA Recipes
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Emeril's TV Dinners: Kickin' It Up A Notch With Recipes From Emeril Live And Essence Of Emeril
  • Everyday Food: Light: The Quickest and Easiest Recipes, All Under 500 Calories
  • Good Eats 3: The Later Years
  • The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
  • Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It
  • Comfort Food Fix: Feel-Good Favorites Made Healthy
  • Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes
  • Down Home with the Neelys: A Southern Family Cookbook
  • Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
  • Top Chef the Cookbook
  • Urban Pantry: Tips and Recipes for a Thrifty, Sustainable and Seasonal Kitchen
  • Clinton St. Baking Company Cookbook: Breakfast, Brunch & Beyond from New York's Favorite Neighborhood Restaurant
  • The Chew: Food. Life. Fun.
  • The Food You Want to Eat: 100 Smart, Simple Recipes
  • I Love Macarons
With a multi-ethnic background, Claire cites her French-speaking grandmother as a major influence on her love for food, a joy passed on through many generations. Born in Jacksonville, Fla. Claire and her family spent time in St. Augustine, Fla.; Houston; and New Orleans but ultimately settled in Memphis, Tenn.

Claire graduated from The University of Memphis in 1999 with a B.A. in Communications. Wh
More about Claire Robinson...
Nocturne Nocturne In the Wild: Bears/Chimpanzees/Crocodiles/Elephants/Lions/Peguins Bears Elephants Dolphins