Start by marking “What Grandmas Do Best / What Grandpas Do Best” as Want to Read:
What Grandmas Do Best / What Grandpas Do Best

What Grandmas Do Best / What Grandpas Do Best

Grandmas can do lots of things, like paint with you, take you on a picnic, and teach you how to dance. But what do they do best? The answer is made perfectly clear in this Irresistible celebration of grandparents and the everyday things they do.
Grandpas can do lots of things, like play hide-and-seek, help you build a sand castle, and sing you a lullaby. But what do they d
Published September 1st 2000 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about What Grandmas Do Best / What Grandpas Do Best, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Grandmas Do Best / What Grandpas Do Best

Alexis Munk
Dec 01, 2016 Alexis Munk rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very good. I liked the use of the different animals. I would use this book with children younger than second grade or students who are on a kindergarten or first grade level. I like how it changes into a different book and the pages for the other book are the other way. The first time I read this book it was very confusing.
Jenna Spinazzola
Oct 21, 2008 Jenna Spinazzola rated it it was amazing
genre: picture book

audience: k & 1st grade

topic: grandmothers/grandfathers

theme: grandmothers are best at everything!

curricular uses: read aloud, independent reading

reading level: early readers

illustrations: support the text as the story goes through from one thing to another telling what her grandmother/grandfather does the best

thoughts: I really like this book. One side tells about grandmothers and then you flip the book over and it tells about grandfathers. It goes from hide-and-seek, to
Amanda
Aug 07, 2008 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-s-books
I had high hopes that this would be a fun book my parents could read with my son during their visit. My mom read the Grandmas part, but my dad didn't get to the Grandpa's part. I read the whole thing to him and I was really disappointed that both stories are exactly the same, just substituting Grandpa for Grandma and using a different cast of animal pairs. I know Grandmas and Grandpas CAN do all the things in the book, but to be honest, do they usually? Mine didn't and my parents don't seem to. ...more
Jillian Warren
I like this book because it is two books in one. It discusses the fun things that you can do with grandparents. Some of the activities are the same but the illustrations demonstrate that the same actions can be done differently and that is ok. This would be a good book to read to a child that may be living with or being raised by grandparents. It gives us a non-traditional view of family structure and how all families are not of a specific make-up.
Connie
Sep 14, 2008 Connie rated it really liked it
The text for both books is the same, but the illustrations vary. So "Grandpas make hats" is shown with grandpa making newspaper hats, but when Grandma does that she knits. Grandma is shown fingerpainting, grandpa is painting with watercolors. But the important thing is that both sets of grands can give you "lots of love".

Sweet story.
Caitlyn
Oct 10, 2008 Caitlyn rated it it was amazing
This book is a picture book that shows a positive relationship between a grandmother and her grandchild. What Grandmas Do Best depicts and illustrates all of the things that a grandma does for her grandchildren. This book could be used for an independent reading for a child that is an emergent reader. The pictures in this book confirm the meaning of the book.
Sydney
Feb 25, 2012 Sydney rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, animals, family
Very cute and appropriate for primary grades. Shows many things your grandparents can do with you. Could discuss with the students who else they can do these things with if they do not have grandparents.
Alejandra Mendoza
This two sided book is about what grandmas and grandpas do best. I enjoyed the different animals that were shown in the illustration. The text are simple enough for beginner readers to follow along and learn how to read.
Ms Threlkeld
May 14, 2015 Ms Threlkeld rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
When I picked this up from the library I didn't realize it included the same story from two sides/perspectives. I would've loved this as a kid. Fun book for grandparents to read with their grandchildren.
Kim
Nov 04, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-caleb
Lisa Delacruz
Lisa Delacruz rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2012
Boni
Boni rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2010
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2011
Terra
Terra rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Athena
Athena rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2011
Shelly Mccarthy
Shelly Mccarthy rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2016
Tammy Exum
Tammy Exum rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2011
Keshia
Keshia rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Beck (formerly Boo)
Beck (formerly Boo) rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2011
Sunny
Sunny rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Relyn
Relyn rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Lorie
Lorie rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2008
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2010
Steph
Steph rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Brittnay
Brittnay rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2010
Eileen Yen
Eileen Yen rated it liked it
May 23, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Show Me Your Smile! A Visit to the Dentist (Dora the Explorer)
  • Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep
  • Butterfly Kisses
  • Mommy, Carry Me Please!
  • Moosekitos
  • Good Thing You're Not an Octopus!
  • Countdown to Kindergarten
  • The Night Before First Grade
  • Thanksgiving Is for Giving Thanks
  • An Awesome Book of Love!
  • The Grandma Book
  • Anakin to the Rescue (LEGO Star Wars)
  • All Aboard the Dinotrain
  • Cookie's Week
  • Attack of the Zombies!
  • Her Mother's Face
  • Mama Cat Has Three Kittens
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick!
Laura Joffe Numeroff is an American author of children's books. Numeroff originally wanted to be a writer, but decided to follow her older sister's footsteps and become a fashion designer instead. Laura attended Pratt Institute of Design but then decided to become a writer again and wrote her first book with only 4 rejections. - Wikipedia.
More about Laura Joffe Numeroff...