Start by marking “Wheels Within Wheels (The LaNague Federation, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wheels Within Wheels (The LaNague Federation, #2)

Wheels Within Wheels (The LaNague Federation #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  140 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Winner of the first Prometheus Award!

A monstrous conspiracy is brewing against the LaNague Federation and the freedoms its guarantees to its member planets—at least that’s what Old Pete says. He's come to the offices of Interstellar Business Advisors, a firm he co-founded more than half a century before, to enlist the aid of its current CEO, Josephine Finch. Dubious at fi
Published (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Wheels Within Wheels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wheels Within Wheels

Stephen
3.5 stars. I am a fan of F. Paul Wilson in general and his LaNague Federation novels in particular. This is another really good installment in the LaNague series though I did not like it quite as much as the previous two, An Enemy of the State and Healer. This is probably because both An Enemy of the State and Healer had main characters that I really, really liked. Enemy introduced Peter LaNague, the man behind the LaNague Federation and dealt with economics and monetary theory. Healer had Steve ...more
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Apr 27, 2013 Lisa (Harmonybites) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Space Opera and Libertarian Sci-fi
Recommended to Lisa (Harmonybites) by: Prometheus Award
I don't think you have to be a libertarian to like this book, but it helps. F. Paul Wilson is best known for his horror fiction, particularly his bestselling vampires-among-the-Nazis, The Keep. I rather enjoyed that pot-boiler, but I like his LaNague novels much more--but then I am a libertarian. This first of the LaNague books, An Enemy of the State, deals with a favorite theme of science fiction--a interstellar empire. Enter Peter LaNague and down with the empire, up with the Federation. It's ...more
Tobey
This is my second LaNague Federation book but my 'nth F. Paul Wilson book. I really stepped out of the box with this one as Sci/Fi is really not in my comfort zone and after reading the first LaNague book, I wasn't excited for this one.

I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed this book much much more than the first LaNague book that I read. I was really able to connect to the characters (the humans, that is) and the story was very interesting with a few twists thrown in!
David
I read most of the stories that make up this book, many, many years ago, so long that I don't remember much about them. I mean to read it again, because every time I look at the magazine cover for the title story (nice piece by John Schoenherr, best of the realist artists working in the SF field in the 1960s & 70s), I remember how much I liked the story.
Shreela
My favorite FPW scifi other than Dydeetown, and of course the Repairman Jack series.

Wheels within Wheels, Healer, An Enemy of the State, and Lanague Chronicles are all from the same world, but IIRC, they can be read in any order.
Kristin
This doesn't start off or even really address anything from book 1 of the series. I enjoyed The Healer immenseley so that was a bit of a let down but if you can look at it as an independent story, it's a great story in it's own right.
Kallierose
I enjoyed this book, although not quite as much as the other two I've read by this author. Don't know why. Maybe it was the plot/subject matter. Anyway, it was still a good read.
CK
A bit over-the-top compared to Wilson's other "libertarian" books (even the author admits it in the foreword). Still an enjoyable story!
Kellie
Nov 17, 2008 Kellie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sci-fi readers, F. Paul Wilson fans, politico fans
A sci-fi politico. It's about aliens the way Animal Farm is about farm animals, and Fahrenheit 451 is about firemen. I liked it.
Jacki Morris
I wouldn't call this book a thriller. However it's enjoyable and clever.
Whitaker
A really great book shows us how love is great and worth to die for
David Wogahn
Good story but I've enjoyed his other books more.
Ron
Fun libertarian sci-fi.
Taylor Kent
Taylor Kent marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Greg Shuffield
Greg Shuffield marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
CapricanQueen
CapricanQueen marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
TK421
TK421 marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Humanoid Touch (Humanoids, #2)
  • A Trace of Memory
  • The Tunnel Under the World
  • The Paradox Men
  • The Gentle Giants of Ganymede (Giants, #2)
  • The Stochastic Man
  • Night Walk
  • Down The Bright Way
  • The Great Explosion
  • Star Hunt (Star Wolf, #1)
  • Low Flying Aircraft And Other Stories
  • Birth of Fire
  • The Starless World (Star Trek Adventures, #8)
  • Can You Feel Anything When I Do This?
  • Paradise (Galactic Comedy #1)
  • Showboat World
  • The Last Defender of Camelot
  • The Wandering Unicorn
20561
Francis Paul Wilson is an author, born in Jersey City, New Jersey. He writes novels and short stories primarily in the science fiction and horror genres. His debut novel was Healer (1976). Wilson is also a part-time practicing family physician. He made his first sales in 1970 to Analog and continued to write science fiction throughout the seventies. In 1981 he ventured into the horror genre with t ...more
More about F. Paul Wilson...
The Keep (Adversary Cycle, #1) The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2) (Repairman Jack, #1) Legacies  (Repairman Jack, #2) Conspiracies (Repairman Jack, #3) All the Rage (Repairman Jack, #4)