Start by marking “Little Japan” as Want to Read:
Little Japan

Little Japan

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Japan. Land of honor and beauty, crowded streets with neon signs, and exotic markets where ancient traditions still hold fast in modern-day society. As Japanese business people rush about their busy lives, there exists a place in Osaka, Japan where a modern take on the ancient tradition of the geisha thrives.

Kuri and Daichi work at Kingyo Club, a popular host club in the
Published (first published March 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Little Japan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Japan

Elisa Rolle
Have you in mind those stories where the heroine, not matter what happens, manages always to come out “unarmed” from trouble? The hero always arrives at the right time to save her. Well, in Little Japan, the heroes are not so lucky, in the end the cavalry arrives also for them, only a little later.

First of all I’d like to spend some words on what also the publisher considered an element to warn the reader, the age playing. One of the main characters, Gabriel, not only is a gay in the closet, bu
Valentine and Macleod like to push boundaries and Little Japan is no exception. This has to be the first in a series considering such a large cast and one that I’m curious to see where it will go. For this offering, it’s good but went areas I didn’t particularly like for part of the book. Here the story pushes some sexual boundaries, nothing especially horrifying or out there, but the concept of non-consensual slavery and sexual cruelty is very present. The story blurs the lines of consent in bo ...more
This erotic romance with strong themes of fetishism, dubious consent, prostitution and more than a generous dollop of yaoi certainly won’t be to everyone’s taste. In the end though what let this book down wasn’t the themes, the plot or the execution but rather the large number of characters which led to superficial characterisation and a lack of connection between myself and the characters.

The story begins in Osaka, Japan. Gabriel, a rich American man who works a desk job as a translator for the
Heidi Cullinan
I'd wanted to read this book for a long time when I finally picked it up, and in the end it was exactly as the reviews had billed it: very good, and yet a little darker in places than I'd wanted. Except I think this was actually a very good thing.

I want to say the story got away from itself, but honestly? It didn't. I have no idea how plausible any of the events in the story are, as in the life of the prostitutes and the kinds of men who buy their time (or kidnap them), but that isn't the point
Valentina Heart
I liked the idea and the characters even when the plot danced around. Their lives just pull the reader in and by the middle of the book you can't help it but be interested in the finial development.
My problem with it was the love story. If a book has a solid love story I can look over a lot of things. In this one, the love story was very undefined for me. First of all, I didn't like the initial possibility of 'something' that was pushed at me at the beginning, only to be taken away by the end.
Interesting premise and solid writing but it lacked passion, mainly due to a large cast of characters. I love Gabriel and badly wanted a resolution for him with Kuri, but their relationship was swept under the carpet during the second half of the story. Sure, things were addressed, but not in any depth and it felt very superficial, especially as Gabriel's HEA/HFN felt tacked on and was with someone else. Just a personal preference but I didn't feel the love between Kuri and Daichi when it was co ...more
Annette Gisby
Although this is an M/M romance, with heavy yaoi influences, this is not a light-hearted book. We have prostitution, kindapping and sexual slavery and some scenes that are so heart-wrenching, you wonder if you can bear to read any more, fearing that a happy ending may never arrive. It's a testament to the writers that I just had to read on, even not knowing what was going to happen.

But it is a great book and the writing just draws you in from the very first page. The love scenes, while graphical
This was a wonderful book. All the characters were very good. Once I started reading it I just did not want to stop. I stayed up all night reading. I will recommned this to all. I even went back and purchased two more books by these two authors. I think I will enjoy them. I do not see that the other books are as long as this one. That was one reason I truely enjoyed the book. It had time to develop all the characters.
Seren Dipity
It was a very nice surprised. I was expecting much, just feeling like reading a story with Japanese characters and I ended up with a book full of adventures, nice characters and sexy moments. The story is well done and I couldn't stop reading.

I am looking forward to reading more about this 2 authors.

I like books, that have an unexpected end. I also like it, when you are in the middle of a book and you are still not really sure what will be in the end. This book is one of those books, that leave you in the dark till the end. Of course, you can predict some plot twists but some of them will be like a nice surprise.
This is a really excellent yaoi-type read. I find myself wondering why others didn't like it - but for me, oh, my, everything worked. The MCs were good, the supporting characters were good, the plot was good, and other yelpie goodness.

Read this. It is a diamond among lumps of coal.
There's a lot going on in this story and despite the fact that some of it I didn't like overall I enjoyed reading this.
Really enjoyed this book, though it's really not romance. Couldn't put it down.
Tymberlynn Felton
Tymberlynn Felton marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Klara Jorkacevic
Klara Jorkacevic marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Roxiie marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Echo Scar
Echo Scar marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Tully Vincent
Tully Vincent marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Derynmorin1970 marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Karyta marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
CheapReader marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Clean Slate (GORGON, #1)
  • Sin Row (Sin #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Out of the Fire
  • Light of the Body (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #2)
  • Close to Me (Blue Ruin, #2)
  • Anchored (Belonging, #1)
  • Tentacles for the Brides Bouquet
  • His Beautiful Samurai (Genjin/Holmes Mysteries, #1)
  • Can't Hurry Love
  • Cethe
  • The Initiation of Pb500 (Pb500, #1)
  • Black Point (Black Point, #1)
  • Sleepless Knights (Knights, #2)
  • Son of Death (Keepers of the Gods, #1)
  • Dolphin Dreams
  • Stretching Limits (Exploring Limits, #2)
Not For The Faint Of Heart---That sums up my work with Jaye Valentine. I've always spent a good deal of time with the darker side of my imagination. I was never afraid of the dark. In fact, some of my fondest memories are of Saturday afternoons with my dad watching Creature Double Feature with a big bowl of popcorn. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Werewolves, angels, demons and vamp ...more
More about Reno MacLeod...