Start by marking “The Rosabella Incident” as Want to Read:
The Rosabella Incident

The Rosabella Incident

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Rich, spoiled Clara Wentworth has always been given everything she wants. She wants Matthew to be her husband, and now they're engaged. She wants Father to make him the Captain of the Rosabella, and that happened, too. Just the way she'd planned.

Maybe it was because everything was so predictable...or maybe, she just didn't want to wait. But what Clara does next will give h
Kindle Edition
Published (first published December 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Rosabella Incident, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rosabella Incident

Vickie Wilson
The story starts with Clara, the spoilt heroine, deciding to dress as a boy and join her fiancée as he's going away for a while at sea. I found myself wondering why she didn't seem to find it all strange, wearing a boys clothes.
So, she gets on the ship, and does all the duties she's supposed to... without any complaint. Surely a spoilt, pampered girl like herself would complain about the tough, menial work that sailors do?
I don't remember any mention of Clara's age all the way through the book
Renae
I was a little disappointed. I was expecting more focus on the "incident" and less on the romance.

Beginning: abrupt. Felt like the author wanted to dispense with the set up and "get on to the action," which wasn't very skillfully done.

Heroine: Predictable.

Love Interests: Also predictable.

Proofreading: Not great. Frequent spelling/grammar errors. This is one of my e-book pet peeves.

Thankfully it was short, so it wasn't a colossal waste of time.
Dariya
"Though a bit cheesy at the beginning I found that I really liked it this book. Even though it was obvious who Clara would end up with in the end it def kept you on your toes. A nice light read that I would recommend to anyone that is into historical fiction and a little but of romance on the side."
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013