Rise of the Fallen (Ruin Mist: Dawn of the Ages, #1)

Rise of the Fallen (Ruin Mist: Dawn of the Ages #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In this extraordinary new fantasy epic, bestselling author Robert Stanek returns readers to the fantasy universe of Ruin Mist, where the fate of a hundred worlds rests on the shoulders of an Alvish boy born into bondage... For thousands of years the ageless masters have ruled the hundred worlds, conquering all who oppose them while raising those who bring them glory. But i...more
Published June 22nd 2010 by Reagent Press (first published May 1st 2010)

Betrayal by Robert StanekRise of the Fallen by Robert StanekDeliverance by Robert StanekRebirth by Robert StanekThe Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches by Robert Stanek
Ruin Mist
2nd out of 14 books — 14 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHarry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Twilight Collection by Stephenie Meyer
Must Read YA Fiction!
155th out of 1,107 books — 2,079 voters

More lists with this book...

Cathy Dark
these rave reviews and 5 star ratings are all fake

google Stanek and fraud for more detials
Gabriela
4 stars at the very least, possibly 5. Think Gladiator meets Truman Show meets Return of the King. Amazing from beginning to end, filled with action and emotion. Stanek has created a gripping epic of a story, which is an arguably darker than his others. I truly couldn't put this book down. Already can't wait until the next book in the trilogy! Whatever your preferred genre is, read it anyway. Even Stephenie Meyer recommended it and that says something. The way Stanek writes his characters just l...more
Max
This book is clearly one of my favorite books! I myself have a very difficult time getting actively engaged in books. I buy many books hoping to get captured by one of them so that I will not want to put the book down. This book has done it! I'm reading this book again in between trying to finish the hunger games which is good but not as captivating or as well done especially when it comes to the characters.

I enjoy finding out what this elven gladiator will get his hands into. Another great thi...more
Otis
To experience the beauty of Ruin Mist in all its epic vastness, read Rise of the Fallen. To find out what it's like to be an alv or a jurin or one who gets caught up in all sorts of important events, but at heart still longs for to truly live - read this novel.

This book is filled with fantastic adventures, with marvelous creatures, and descriptions so vivid that you can feel the hair stand up on the back of your neck. Definitely a must-read for anyone. I enjoyed every moment of it.
Becca
This book is full of surprises and action. In the arena it’s all about surviving and not getting killed. Rise of the Fallen was one of the best books I have ever read. I couldn’t put this book down. The concept of this book is so amazing, and different then any other book. Who would’ve thought that a book about survival, killing, and the many interesting creatures could be so amazing.
Katfam
The author makes it work so well. He does this through developing characters that you want to root for and characters that you want to hate. Robert Stanek does a masterful job at developing a world that you can see yourself in and places you in situations where you feel that you are there with Delinna. This is a book that I would recommend to all!
Steph
What I remember most are the three chilling images:

1. The thousand-fold gates and the bitter cold place between worlds.
2. The roaring and churning of the tower where they were kept.
3. The cries in the arena for Raistin's death.

Amazing story.
Lisa
Rise of the Fallen is about a fairy land called the Hundred Worlds. The novel starts with the siege of Elvemere by drakon servants called the jurin. I recommend this book to others because it has a good plot and sucks you into the book.
Ringo
Stanek succeeds in creating a vast, fleshed-out universe. I absolutely fell in love with it on the first read, I just couldn't put it down. I love Stanek's language and all the history that floods this book. Highly recommended.
Sheila
The books have a great story, but this isn't a casual read, it's an undertaking. The whole of the Hundred Worlds seems so real.
Tegan
I love his other ones. Until I read it I didn't think any other book would beat them. It does.
Amanda
My favorite RS book by far. The action starts on the first page and doesn't let up.
Nat
I couldnt put it down. I read until I finished.
Kara
Read. Enjoy. Stanek's a pretty great writer.
Serengetti
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Stephanie Parray
Stephanie Parray marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Toku49
Toku49 marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Alicia House
Alicia House marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Alexander Draganov
Alexander Draganov marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Kaylee
Kaylee marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Robert Stanek has been a writer for over 30 years and is the author of over 50 bestsellers. Books by Robert Stanek have been read by well over 7.5 million people and are available in more than 50 countries and 34 languages. A book of his is sold every 60 seconds. In 2013, his 150th book was published and there are over 1000 of his titles in distribution worldwide.

The most popular series by Robert...more
More about Robert Stanek...
The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches (Keeper Martin's Tales, #1) The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches II (Keeper Martin's Tales, #2) The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches III (Keeper Martin's Tales, #3) Betrayal (A Daughter of Kings, #1) The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches IV (Keeper Martin's Tales, #4)