Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist #7)

4.57  ·  Rating Details ·  8,655 Ratings  ·  116 Reviews
Where did Alphonse Elric go during the few short minutes he was wiped from existence, body and soul? From a secret lair in the city of Dublith, a group of outcasts kidnaps Alphonse to find the alchemical secrets of his creation! It's up to Ed (and a certain housewife) to go into the Devil's Nest and rescue his brother. But the criminals of the Devil's Nest aren't exactly h ...more
Published May 16th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 22nd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7

Rachel
Sep 08, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I've spent two volumes of reviews talking about the plot, and four more talking about assorted characters; it's time to tackle the protagonists.

Edward and Alphonse Elric. For all that they have their own personalities, they pretty much have to be discussed as one entity. About a year apart in age (the author never quite specifies), Ed has vague memories of a blond man walking out the door, whereas his little brother doesn't remember their father at all. Having grown up surrounded by their father
Bunny
Jul 18, 2010 Bunny rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-10
I dislike the serious fight scenes in these books, and unfortunately, this book was 3/4 fight scenes. The only reason I don't like them is because the style of the fights doesn't tell me who is winning. And I find that REALLY irritating.
Anna Faltracco
Feb 17, 2017 Anna Faltracco rated it really liked it
In questo volume conosciamo un nuovo omuncolo, Greed. Lui e la sua banda rapiscono Al perchè vogliono conoscere il suo segreto. Ho adorato la parte in cui Izumi va nel covo per cercare di salvarlo e combatte senza alcuna difficoltá contro tutti gli omaccioni presenti. È davvero tosta, la adoro!(ahah vogliamo parlare della scena “Who are you?” “A HOUSEWIFE”. Sono morta dal ridere xD)
Quindi è la volta di Ed che deve andare a recuperare Al, ma decide di non scendere a compromessi con i cattivi, anc
Esma Tezgi
Dec 02, 2016 Esma Tezgi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Sonu baya güzeldi, ilerleyen ciltlerde bu durum baya soruna sebep olacak gibi. Çözümlenmesi gereken daha çok gizem var, her ciltte de yeni bir gizem güncellemesi geliyor bu da nabzı yüksek tutuyor.
Becky
Aug 06, 2016 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This one would have been three stars, but I bumped it up for Izumi and the science at the end.
Elevetha
Re-read July 2015 - Quite frankly I didn't remember reading this at all.
Sarah Sammis
Jan 24, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Roxana-Mălina Chirilă
Oct 23, 2016 Roxana-Mălina Chirilă rated it really liked it
I love this series. And, in this particular volume, I love Al's show of cleverness and his ability to use tropes to work for him ("If you're a man, you should make your own decisions" - he plays that awesomely), and Izumi's self-introduction:

housewife

And the fact that President Fuhrer King Bradley suddenly stops looking like such a swell and funny guy.
Lin Andy (E. G. Leevi)
Jun 14, 2016 Lin Andy (E. G. Leevi) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is my currently favored volume in the Fullmetal Alchemist series. I liked Greed as a character. This volume broken many possibility of this series. I just want to buy the whole box set and read them again and again!
Tash
Dec 27, 2016 Tash rated it it was amazing
FMA continues to be the best thing in my life tbh
Also every time Izumi professes herself to be a housewife after doing something cool I cry because yess girl break down those stereotypes
Ava
May 25, 2016 Ava rated it really liked it
The plot in this one was a little hard to follow, but I'm also not a clever man.
Kellie
Jul 24, 2016 Kellie rated it really liked it
I love this series so much
Caroline
Jul 16, 2010 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, manga
This one's mostly a fight scene. . .
Jaime
Jun 11, 2014 Jaime rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, read-2015
read in high school (2009? 2010?)

read: 7.7.15
Belinda
Feb 25, 2017 Belinda rated it really liked it
An alchemist who is only 15.
His brother whose soul lives inside a suit of armour but is only able to "live" because of a symbol scratched into the metal of his suit.
A state that employs alchemists to sort out the bad guys and girls.
Baddies called Envy, Greed and Lust.
A whole lot of philosophical searching around bringing the dead back to life and making people and animals out of the parts of many other people or animals.

That's just some of Fullmetal Alchemists ingredients.
I think this is the mos
Sassafras
All is kidnapped! We meet Greed. I know more is coming with the Seven Sins. There is also a group of chimeras. Again, the complex character development leaves doubts on relegating good or evil labels. There is a snake/human chimera that I hope to see more of. Oh, Major Armstrong has a sister!

So much to love in this series. Volume 7 just makes me want to delve into the next one!
Jay
Mar 02, 2017 Jay rated it really liked it
It was cool with a big surprise, and the side story was funny yet sad.
Cole Power
Feb 28, 2017 Cole Power rated it it was amazing
An absolutely great series. This manga series has some of the greatest characters of any other manga I have read. The journey that these brothers go on is one of my favorites of all time.
Swati
Oct 14, 2016 Swati rated it really liked it
I love Izumi and how Ed and Al behave around her :P
নাজমুল হাসান
As expected this volume is action packed and also blessed with some cheeky comical moments. The rescue mission for Alphonso turned out to be one of the most interesting arc in this series. The villain in this one named Greed doesn't feel like a villain due to his carefree nature, but he is twisted indeed. It sounds weird but I couldn't help but feel sympathy for the group of Greed. The way they were mistreated by the army and then turned out to be the misfit of society, and how they handle it wa ...more
Janeen-san
Mar 29, 2011 Janeen-san rated it really liked it
AL GETS KIDNAPPED BY GREED!!!!! THIS VOLUME WAS REALLY EXCITING!!!! Greed captured him because he wants to know the secret of Al's armor. Who will come to the rescue?
Why, Ed and Izumi of course!! Actually Izumi comes first because Ed was away at Central while his brother was kidnapped!! So the teacher stepped in and beats everyone up! She had to retire because, in the process of punching Greed, 'the Ultimate Shield', she broke her fingers! So then when Ed gets back, of course he IS FUMING MAD!!!
ranne
Jul 06, 2014 ranne rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga-manhwa
Great volume! King Bradley is the ultimate badass. <3 He acts like a happy-go-lucky man, but when it comes down to fighting he automatically switches to serious and practical. His sword-fighting skills are cray and he hasn't even used alchemy yet! Izumi is a badass too and Greed in armor LOOKS like a badass. So yeah, there's definitely a lot of badassery going on in this volume. Having watched both versions of the anime and therefore knowing the events that will transpire next, this is the fi ...more
Faith Hicks
Jul 26, 2013 Faith Hicks rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Sooooooo, I've read Fullmetal Alchemist all the way through about 4 or 5 times, but I started re-reading it as a "comfort" book due to some real life awfulness (the Zimmerman trial), because it's comforting to read a series where justice is most definitely served, despite that not happening in real life as often as it should.

Anyway, FMA is one of my absolute favourite comic book series. Hell, I'll call it one of my favourite STORIES of all time. It is brilliant. The art, the characters, the stor
Lanie
Dec 05, 2016 Lanie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga lovers
And the plot thickens! LOVED! Especially they scene where Ed is on his way to go save Al. XD so determined and wonderfully badass. I adore sibling relationships in book, and this one is growing into one of my very favorites. Plot is awesome. Characters are rounded and interesting. art is a gorgeous mix of cartoonish hilarity & badass gore. I am totally in love with "Fullmetal alchemist". Highly recommended to anyone who likes manga.
Scott Lee
Feb 07, 2015 Scott Lee rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed these additions (volumes 7, 8, and 9 [which will be getting a single, copied-and-pasted, joint review as I read them in sequence without interruption nearly in a sitting]) to Fullmetal Alchemist. The story grows in depth as the characters get pushed toward maturity, and as the characters become more mature, moral, aware, etc. the story becomes murkier, dropping the protagonists deeper into the real world's morally challenging mire, for all that it takes place in a fantasy wo ...more
Bitsy
Despite the horror and goriness of the scenes in previous volumes, especially the ones that depicted what really happened to Ed and Al the night they lost so much, this volume is the most gruesome yet. The scenes in the Devil’s Nest are very bloody and for once I am glad that the manga is in black and white. This definitely is a series for teens, not children!

I enjoyed getting to see Teacher fight and also getting to see Ed use his head in a fight and not just brute strength. He may have become
Mal
Aug 11, 2016 Mal rated it it was amazing

--тнere'ѕ ɴo ѕυcн тнιɴɢ αѕ ɴo ѕυcн тнιɴɢ--

greed appreciation post ♥
Camilla (Lettrice In Soffitta)
Il settimo volume riserva decisamente qualche sorpresa e sopratutto dei nuovi personaggi. Fin da quando lo lessi la prima volta, adorai questo volume. Iniziamo col dire che già da tempo avevo guardato la prima versione dell'anime e vedere i personaggi già incontrati in quelle puntate e presto divenuti i miei preferiti, è stato meraviglioso. Peccato che questi non avranno altro spazio in futuro... probabilmente. Niente spoiler, quindi niente disquisione al riguardo.
Finalmente si viene a sapere qu
Angela
Oct 24, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Back to the present! Maybe now we can get to the bottom of what Hughes died for. Alphonse falls into a trap and is kidnapped, but his captors are marvels of alchemy that is either illegal or assumed nonexistent. Whoever gets the upper hand here will be at an advantage, and this could be a real breakthrough in the boys’ quest. This group, and especially their leader, serve as formidable opponents, even for a team like the boys have behind them. Plenty of suspense to be had.

There are a lot of figh
Diana Lynn
Jan 02, 2014 Diana Lynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
“Volume 7 of FMA is just amazing. I was looking forward to Ling, so I'm guessing he'll come in the next one. This one starts out with Al getting kidnapped and questioned about a certain something...along the way, the kidnappers (Greed and his posse) run into a few problems. Some of which are hilarious (Sigg and Izumi are just too much) and some are crazy. This one also leaves you with an in your face twist that dropped my jaw when I originally saw the show. It's fantastic. Also, the short stand- ...more
Ed or Al 2 10 May 13, 2013 08:07AM
Ed or Al? 2 10 Apr 27, 2013 05:12PM
  • Bleach, Volume 19
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 10
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 14
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 12
  • Naruto, Vol. 35:  The New Two (Naruto, #35)

Associated names :
荒川弘美 (real name)
ARAKAWA Hiromi

Name (in native language) : 荒川弘

Zodiac : Taurus

Blood type : A

Her self-portrait is usually that of a bespectacled cow, as she was born and raised on a dairy farm in Hokkaido with three older sisters and a younger brother. She worked as a farmer for 8 years before moving to Tokyo.

Arakawa thought about being a manga artist "since [she] was little" and du
More about Hiromu Arakawa...

Fullmetal Alchemist (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 2 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 4 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 5 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 8 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #8)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 9 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #10)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 11 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #11)