Gothic Sports 02 (Gothic Sports, #2)

Gothic Sports 02 (Gothic Sports #2)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Nach langem Hin und Her ist es Anya gelungen, an ihrem Gymnasium eine eigene Fußballmannschaft auf die Beine zu stellen. Und dank der ausgefallenen Trikotentwürfe ihrer Freundin Filiz hat die bunt gemischte Truppe auch rasch einige Aufmerksamkeit auf sich gezogen.

Doch der Direktor der Schule will die Mannschaft nur dann auf Dauer genehmigen, wenn sie ein Spiel gegen die of...more
Published December 28th 2006 by Tokyopop

Nick
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: It's a classic tale of girl goes to new elite high school. Girl then wants to join mostly boys soccer team before tournament. Drama ensues. Girl decides to form her own team. Only a couple of her friends want to join. Girl decides to make team more interesting. Fortunately, one of her friends is a gothic lolita. Hrm... Hilarity and cute uniforms ensue. Boys join and whine about skirts. Boys uniforms are made. Team has to prove itself against aforementioned soccer team...more
Hanna
A disappointing second part to the series. To get Anya's team accepted by the principal they have to play the schools primary football team.

Even though the drawing style is very pretty, the book is a bit of a let down. The whole story is basically Anya moping around un different places and being incredibly annoying. Apart from Leon we don't get to know any of the other characters and there are plenty to be introduced.
Hopefully the 3rd part will pick up it's pace.
Jamie
I was a little disappointed in the second volume of Gothic Sports. I really liked the first, but the pacing seemed to be all off this time around. The big soccer game was about 75% talking when it should have been 100% exciting. The gameplay was good when it happened, but it took forever. Also, the English script needs a lot more polish. It's often stiff and awkward.

Beautiful art, though. Anike Hage is a real talent. Her art and storytelling remind me less of Japanese language manga, and more li...more
Jenny
[Ch. 7-12:]

The volume was okay. Probably would've been better if I actually remembered what happened in the last volume, but I don't really feel like going back and re-reading it.

Yay to Anya's team for doing well, even though they lost.
LOL, I can't believe she has a skirt for part of her uniform.

I hope Anya gets over that past incident with Leon. Honestly, it's a stupid reason to remain mad at someone over something like that.
Yohan Hikaru
I read the book Gothic Sports written by Anike Hage. If I were to rate it it would break my scale. Four stars for sure. I gave ti this rating because it was something I would like to read again. It's amazing. I would recommend it to everybody because it made me want to read it. It was a feeling and I wanted to find out the ending.
Crystal
A little better than the first volume. Not much soccer action, not much to do with gothic clothing other than it's just being there, and with the mystery of Anya's hatred for Leon being solved, I personally don't have much interest in continuing to read this series.
Lisa
The series started out well, but this second volume just wasn't very good. The plot doesn't develop much more and any interest in the characters and their problems was lost.
Andy
Not bad, though to be honest it apparently wasn't very memorable, because I don't really remember what happened.
Sue Wargo
cute soccer story. I am not a soccer fan but my students especially girls will like this.
Naomi
Still going good, but it's becoming boring...
Reader17 Der
I like this story it is cute.
Evolana Chu
Evolana Chu marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Kat
Kat added it
Feb 07, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Nekolein
Nekolein marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
At school drew Anike Hage, the first contact with manga they had through the series Sailor Moon. In 2003 she took part in the first manga talent competition of the Leipzig Book Fair, but was not accepted. In 2004 she won with her contribution Turn Back the second place in the category "history from 16 years". She then received by the organizers commissioned to design the main theme of the contest...more
More about Anike Hage...
Gothic Sports: Volume 1 Gothic Sports, Volume 3 Gothic Sports 04 Gothic Sports 05 Manga Fieber 1