Start by marking “Gothic Sports 02 (Gothic Sports, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gothic Sports 02 (Gothic Sports, #2)

Gothic Sports 02 (Gothic Sports #2)

Nach langem Hin und Her ist es Anya gelungen, an ihrem Gymnasium eine eigene Fußballmannschaft auf die Beine zu stellen. Und dank der ausgefallenen Trikotentwürfe ihrer Freundin Filiz hat die bunt gemischte Truppe auch rasch einige Aufmerksamkeit auf sich gezogen.

Doch der Direktor der Schule will die Mannschaft nur dann auf Dauer genehmigen, wenn sie ein Spiel gegen die of
Published December 28th 2006 by Tokyopop

To ask other readers questions about Gothic Sports 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gothic Sports 02

Nick
Feb 12, 2008 Nick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: It's a classic tale of girl goes to new elite high school. Girl then wants to join mostly boys soccer team before tournament. Drama ensues. Girl decides to form her own team. Only a couple of her friends want to join. Girl decides to make team more interesting. Fortunately, one of her friends is a gothic lolita. Hrm... Hilarity and cute uniforms ensue. Boys join and whine about skirts. Boys uniforms are made. Team has to prove itself against aforementioned soccer team
78sunny
Nov 20, 2014 78sunny rated it really liked it
Inhaltlich passiert hier wirklich nicht viel bis auf eine entscheidendes Fußballspiel. Man sollte Band 1 bereits gelesen haben, da es sonst keinen Sinn ergibt.
Das ganze ist schon sehr deutlich auf ein sehr junges Publikum gemünzt. Empfohlen wird es laut Amazon ab 13 Jahren. Es geht darum, dass ein Mädchen neu an eine Schule kommt und gern ins Basketballteam möchte. Das wird durch eine andere Jugendliche verhindert und sie entscheidet dann eine eigene Fußballmannschaft aufzustellen. Nur leider m
Jamie
Sep 06, 2007 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphicnovels
I was a little disappointed in the second volume of Gothic Sports. I really liked the first, but the pacing seemed to be all off this time around. The big soccer game was about 75% talking when it should have been 100% exciting. The gameplay was good when it happened, but it took forever. Also, the English script needs a lot more polish. It's often stiff and awkward.

Beautiful art, though. Anike Hage is a real talent. Her art and storytelling remind me less of Japanese language manga, and more li
Jenny
Dec 25, 2009 Jenny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shounen-manga
[Ch. 7-12:]

The volume was okay. Probably would've been better if I actually remembered what happened in the last volume, but I don't really feel like going back and re-reading it.

Yay to Anya's team for doing well, even though they lost.
LOL, I can't believe she has a skirt for part of her uniform.

I hope Anya gets over that past incident with Leon. Honestly, it's a stupid reason to remain mad at someone over something like that.
Hanna
Jun 18, 2014 Hanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A disappointing second part to the series. To get Anya's team accepted by the principal they have to play the schools primary football team.

Even though the drawing style is very pretty, the book is a bit of a let down. The whole story is basically Anya moping around un different places and being incredibly annoying. Apart from Leon we don't get to know any of the other characters and there are plenty to be introduced.
Hopefully the 3rd part will pick up it's pace.
Harriet
Oct 12, 2016 Harriet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Even though I enjoy the drawing style and coloured pages at the start of the book, the characters are a bit of a let down and it is a little hard to follow. The whole story is Anya moping on a football pitch in the rain but some of the other characters look a lot like Anya to me so I kept getting confused.

Yohan Hikaru
Nov 02, 2011 Yohan Hikaru rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the book Gothic Sports written by Anike Hage. If I were to rate it it would break my scale. Four stars for sure. I gave ti this rating because it was something I would like to read again. It's amazing. I would recommend it to everybody because it made me want to read it. It was a feeling and I wanted to find out the ending.
Crystal
Nov 24, 2007 Crystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-not-mine
A little better than the first volume. Not much soccer action, not much to do with gothic clothing other than it's just being there, and with the mystery of Anya's hatred for Leon being solved, I personally don't have much interest in continuing to read this series.
Naomi
Nov 24, 2008 Naomi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Still going good, but it's becoming boring...
Sue Wargo
cute soccer story. I am not a soccer fan but my students especially girls will like this.
Reader17 Der
I like this story it is cute.
Lisa
May 23, 2008 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, manga
The series started out well, but this second volume just wasn't very good. The plot doesn't develop much more and any interest in the characters and their problems was lost.
Andy
May 12, 2011 Andy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Not bad, though to be honest it apparently wasn't very memorable, because I don't really remember what happened.
Belinda
Belinda rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2009
Joe Williams
Joe Williams rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2011
Mary Ellen Thompson
Mary Ellen Thompson rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2010
Clodagh
Clodagh rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2011
Aj
Aj rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2017
Tasha
Tasha rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2009
Dena
Dena rated it really liked it
May 26, 2011
Katharina Mollus
Katharina Mollus rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2012
Mariana
Mariana rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2010
Naruto4Hokage(Jessica)
Naruto4Hokage(Jessica) rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
Katherine Poe
Katherine Poe rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2009
Ellesharin
Ellesharin rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
KKat
KKat rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Kaylynn
Kaylynn rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2010
Tarannum
Tarannum rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Re: Play, Volume 1
  • Princess Ai: Ultimate Edition
  • Shaman King, Vol. 11: Blood and Pompadours
  • Alichino (Alichino, #2)
  • Missile Happy! Vol. 1
  • Your & My Secret, Vol. 3
  • Gaba Kawa
  • Six gothic tales
  • Fantastic Worlds: Myths, Tales, and Stories
  • Mercurius: The Marriage of Heaven and Earth
  • Moon Boy Volume 1 (Moon Boy, #1)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)
  • The Marriage of Meggotta
  • The Drowner
  • Brain Storm
  • The Trout Opera
  • Brothers Keepers
At school drew Anike Hage, the first contact with manga they had through the series Sailor Moon. In 2003 she took part in the first manga talent competition of the Leipzig Book Fair, but was not accepted. In 2004 she won with her contribution Turn Back the second place in the category "history from 16 years". She then received by the organizers commissioned to design the main theme of the contest ...more
More about Anike Hage...