Start by marking “There's a Sucker Born Every Minute: A Revelation of Audacious Frauds, Scams, and Cons -- How Tospot Them, How to Stop Them” as Want to Read:

2.83 of 5 stars 2.83  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
One in nine Americans will lose money as a victim of fraud
- Every man and woman in the country (and every child with an email address) will be targeted by professional fraudsters-multiple times.
- Seven out of every eight frauds go unreported.
- Most fraudsters will get away with their crime.
- Government agencies and crime watchdogs suggest that there could be up to
Published June 1st 2010 by Perigee Books (first published May 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about There's a Sucker Born Every Minute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There's a Sucker Born Every Minute

Rena Sherwood
Robinson is a very good writer who can explain complex subjects simply and does not talk down to the reader. However, why the second half of the book has to mirror the first half is a complete mystery. Also unfortunately, some of the advice is now outdated. However, senior citizens or caretakers of seniors should at least read Part 1.
John
Excellent book highlighting especially in the US environment, but quite applicable worldwide, the various ways we can be scammed by fraudsters in the world today. It shares many examples of popular scams and ends with 39 steps that all of us can take to minimize our chances I being conned.
I highly recommend this, especially for those working in the financial industry. Actually, as long as you are human, I encourage reading this for all of us can be targets some time in our lives.
Allan
Allan marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Olivia
Olivia is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2015
Alex Hawkins
Alex Hawkins marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Ain  Romeli
Ain Romeli marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Lourenço
Lourenço marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Dayana Faisal
Dayana Faisal marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Don LaFountaine
Don LaFountaine marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2012
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2011
The Laundrymen: Inside the World's Third Largest Business Grace of Monaco The Merger: The Conglomeration of International Organized Crime The Sink: Terror, Crime and Dirty Money in the Offshore World Yamani: The Inside Story