Start by marking “Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)” as Want to Read:
Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)

Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum #11)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  77,661 ratings  ·  1,516 reviews
Stephanie Plum is thinking her career as a fugitive apprehension agent has run its course. She’s been shot at, spat at, cussed at, fire-bombed, mooned, and attacked by dogs. Time for a change, Stephanie thinks. Time to find the kind of job her mother can tell her friends about without making the sign of the cross.

So Stephanie Plum quits. Resigns. No looking back. No chang
Hardcover, Large Print, 416 pages
Published June 21st 2005 by Random House Large Print (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Eleven on Top, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eleven on Top

Jun 12, 2008 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Plum fans
There is only so much a girl can take. And this girl has had enough! Enough of chasing bad guys, wrestling them to the ground, having them shoot at her and always ending up covered in garbage. So Stephanie Plum quits her job as a bounty hunter. She quickly finds out there are other jobs she is much worse at! She can’t seem to keep a job. She temporarily works at the button factury, a fast food place, a dry cleaners, before landing a gig at a security company, with the very good looking Ranger as ...more
I let someone at a library sale convince me to pick up a couple of her books, once she learned I'd never read the author. She handed me what felt like ten, and I discretely put a few back when she wasn't looking.

Reading the back cover of this book, I kind of think I should've put this one back, too. Giving it a shot.

Color me shocked. I loved this character.

I'm not exactly known for my grown up taste in books, nor for my appreciation of anything that comes close to "chick lit" (GOD, I hate
Winter Sophia Rose
Romantic, Sexual Tension, Suspense & Funny!!! A Fun Read! I Loved It!
Shake the other ten in a bag, dump out a bit at a time, & you get 11 !!

We hate to say it, as some of the other ten were definitely amusing, but there's not much smile factor left in Plum et al that we haven't heard or seen before. While there is a smidge of a plot (four small business owners are missing, and Steph keeps getting threatening notes and cars bombed), one can almost predict the rest: Lulu can't get her bond jumpers, so eats fast food; Steph shacks up with Morelli (again) but hank
A Stephanie Plum "Mystery." Stephanie quits her job as a bounty hunter, yet, despite this, continues to fail at common sense. Lula gets promoted and somehow proves to be even worse at the job than Stephanie. Morelli is hot and strangely calm. Ranger is hot and doing his best to save Stephanie from herself. Bob eats things he shouldn't, then does a lot of hunching and vomiting and crapping.

Look. It's a hundred degrees here. I wanted something mindless, and I knew Evanovich would deliver. I wasn't
Tilly Slaton
The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich is incredible.

Fun characters. Exhilarating mystery. Crimes to be solved. Lusts to be sated.

Eleven on Top is a neat book. It is however, not on my top picks for this series. Nonetheless, the novel is amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Old men disappear and an old enemy keeps trying to blow Stephanie away. She has an idea who is behind the threats, but as Morelli and Ranger keep explaining to her, she has no evidence and is working based of ‘supp
Okay, so I promised myself this had to be the last one for a while. And it was a great one to end on. Got to see Plum try to leave the bounty-hunter business behind and, of course, it was just one glorious disaster after another.

I still get mad about her, "He's sexy, oh no he's sexy" stuff. I realize it's a tension-building love triangle...thing. I guess I just don't get into those when the one stuck in the middle stays (mostly) in a relationship. You're in a relationship, you chose to be in it
Elle ★ The Bookaholic ★
:: 5 Gut-Busting Stars ::

Oh man do I love reading the Stephanie Plum series. Janet Evanovich consistently writes books that keep readers hanging on the edge of their seats (while laughing out loud). In Eleven on Top, Stephanie Plum finally decides she has had enough of bounty hunting. She is tired of being stalked, abused, and scared of all the crazies she has to get. So, she hops from one job to another- the button factory, cluck-in-a bucket, and more! But, do these jobs actually keep her safe?
These really are the perfect books to read while on an airplane. They're sort of like popcorn for the brain... fun, enjoyable and quick. I know some of my friends started to get tired of the series after awhile, but I actually do think the books keep getting better (or maybe it's just that my mindset about them has changed enough that I'm enjoying them more).

Oddly, one of the biggest complaints I've heard about the series is how the whole love triangle just drags on and on... but I'm finding I a
Number 11 in the Stephanie Plum series proves Janet Evanovich could go on forever. This best-selling author keeps the humor flowing with the wacky situations Stephanie and her cohorts manage to get themselves into.

Stephanie is beginning to question where her life is going and makes the drastic decision to quit her job as a bounty hunter. She ends up working in a button factory but gets fired the first day before she even begins work. Her next job at a dry-cleaning establishment ends when the ow
Stephanie Plum is thinking her career as fugitive apprehension agent has run its course. She's been shot at, spat at, cussed at, fire-bombed, mooned, and attacked by dogs. Time for a change, Stephanie thinks. Time to find the kind of job her mother can tell her friends about without making the sign of the cross. So Stephanie Plum quits. Resigns. No looking back. No changing her mind. She wants something safe and normal. As it turns out, jobs that are safe and normal for most people aren't necess ...more

Stephanie al suo top (Il titolo lo prometteva!), Morelli e Ranger più sexi che mai e così tante situazioni paradossali che ve la farete sotto dalle risate!!

Aaaah, è bello tornare a casa da te, Janet!
Eleven on Top is the eleventh novel in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. In this novel Stephanie quits her job as a bounty hunter after another one of cars gets blown up again. She wants a safer job where she won't get shot at or have her apartment broken into again or her cars blowing up. This leads to her to working at the button factory (where she gets fired for being 3 hours late for work on her first day), to a dry cleaners (this one lasts until the second day when she gets shot ...more
As I've said before, I don't mind if these books become repetitive because even when they are in a series, they still work as standalone. So their repetitiveness is forgiven but not at the price of their humor.
From 9th book this series started going downhill in both, humor and mystery departments. But Eleven on Top was definitely better than previous two books but still not good enough. I'll read the next book to find out if it gets better or else I'm calling it quits - at least for now.
These are just so fun to read. No one has a life even vaguely resembling Stephanie's, but we all want one. She's fun, interesting, feisty, attractive, fumbles her way to the solution to all her problems, albeit by a circular route, but she gets places!

The dichotomy of the Stephanie/Morelli/Ranger triangle never grows boring. It's made more interesting by the men's willingness to put aside their differences for Stephanie's own good. I want a couple of watchdogs like hers.

This installment runs a l
Evanovich is back on track with this one. At first it seemed to be just the same ol', same ol' but about a quarter or a third of the way in it changed. Some absolutely hilarious scenes, more than just quips, but entire scenes. Pretty good mystery too.
OK, my (**%)^$%!! laptop wiped out my review TWOCE before I could finish it, so let's try again. Latest fun Plum novel, narrated by Lorelei King (I like both her and C.J. Critt, both of whom have about perfected their characterizations and pacing, after so many of these works). This one involves Stephanie quitting Vinnie's Bail Bond business from getting just tired of chasing all these losers; however, her subsequent jobs are short lived and disastrous (just think of her jobs as not dissimilar t ...more
In Evanovich's most recent Stephanie Plum novel, Stephanie quits her job as a bounty hunter because she’s getting tired of all of the shooting and explosions. She decides to try her hand at something else. Lula, the one-time filer down at bounty hunter headquarters, decides to take her vacant position – and SHE manages to keep Stephanie busy helping HER with apprehensions. What’s more worrisome is that the explosions don’t stop, and now they’re accompanied by death threats. It seems as though St ...more
Eleven on Top
Really ALL of the Stephanie Plum’s I have Read Thus Far
Janet Evanovich

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I started this series about 3 years ago. A friend of my mother-in-law raved on and on about them while we were at their pool one day, so I thought I would check them out. I picked up the first one in the series, One for the Money, at my local library. I remember reading it over the course of about 3 days.

The book was well written, ha

Ok, so let's be honest. Each book in the Stephanie Plum series does not differ all that much from one another. Sure, this installment had a bit of a twist in that Stephanie decides that "enough is enough" and quits her job as a bond enforcement agent. But we all know that she is still going to get involved. It seems like in at least half of the books in the series, at this point (book 11), Stephanie is being stalked or harassed. And you can pretty much expect that she is going to disappear, or b
Stephanie has hit hard times. Well, harder times than usual that is. Having reached a breaking point, Stephanie quits her job as a bond enforcement officer and pursues other career options much to her chagrin and my personal amusement. Life seems to b!tch slap Stephanie at every turn, and though it is not entirely realistic, it is no less endearing or humorous.

Anyone who has read enough Plum novels to get to "Eleven On Top", knows these books are formulamatic. Stephanie blows up a car, or two,
And I go to bed at night wondering where my life is heading.
- Stephanie
Well hell, when you smell that good and look that good who cares about anything else, anyway?
- Stephanie
I don't have a lot of domestic instincts, but I have a real strong urge to take you home and hose you down.
- Ranger
I needed happy food.
- Stephanie
You should have called me, I have just the thing to make you happy.
- Morelli
And on odd days of the month he woke up wanting to marry me. It turns out I only want to marry him on e
Tristan Macavery
A good solid entry into the "numbers" series from Janet Evanovich, although a wee bit thin on the plot. Let's face it: These books are sheer pleasure for no reason other than to watch Stephanie battle the various demons in her life (getting her cars blown up, dealing with her crazy family, and generally trying to toughen herself up to fit the role of bounty hunter) and wrestle, whether literally or figuratively, with the two men in her life (Morelli and Ranger). Earlier books had more developed ...more
This was so cute. It was so nice to see Stephanie not being a bounty hunter, but it was also BIZARRE. Also: Can we talk about the endings to these books? THEY ARE SO ABRUPT. Or is it just me? I really enjoyed this one, although the culprit was sooooo surprising. I can't wait for number 12, but am I the only one who's ready for Stephanie to settle down with Morelli? OR RANGER. JUST PICK ONE.
This was a fun one. I like these books but they are predictable. If you go in with a 'go with the flow' attitude they make for a quick, fun read. Stephanie get on my nerves a bit but I'm from Philly so all Jersey Girls get on my nerves.
Evanovich is great to listen to on CD during a road trip. She's entertaining but not demanding. If I were devoting my full attention to her, I'd find her insubstantial plotting to be intolerable. Her strengths lie in wacky characters, unique setting, and fun dialogue.
Too funny... I am reading this book and I keep picturing the people from the movie One For the Money.

This book was OK. Not as good as some of the other ones I have read. Was kind of boring to me.
Melanie Schweiger
These books make me laugh out loud!
Join in the discussions! 3 29 Sep 24, 2015 03:36PM
The Women's Myste...: #12 Eleven on Top 1 3 Aug 09, 2013 10:54PM
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #3)
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • D is for Deadbeat (Kinsey Millhone, #4)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Strangers in Death (In Death, #26)
  • Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #2)
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)

“Here's a basic difference between Morelli and me. My first thought was always of cake. His first thought was always of sex. Don't get me wrong. I like sex . . . a lot. But it's never going to replace cake.” 201 likes
“I don't have a lot of domestic instincts," Ranger said to me, his attention fixing on the unidentifiable glob in my hair, "but I have a real strong urge to take you home and hose you down."
I went dry mouth. Connie bit into her lower lip, and Lula fanned herself with a file.”