Start by marking “Dying to Get Married: The Courtship and Murder of Julie Miller Bulloch” as Want to Read:
Dying to Get Married: The Courtship and Murder of Julie Miller Bulloch

Dying to Get Married: The Courtship and Murder of Julie Miller Bulloch

Dying to Get Married is a modern day morality tale of the perversion of an American dream. Julie Miller was a successful executive who, through a newspaper ad, met who she thought was "Mr. Right." Little did she know that he had a violent past and a predisposition for bizarre sexual rituals. This tragic, true-crime tale will shock its horrified readers. 8 pages of photogra ...more
Published December 28th 1991 by Carol Publishing Corporation (first published December 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Dying to Get Married, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying to Get Married

steffy
Dec 23, 2016 steffy rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-club, 2016-books
I managed to read this book in only 2 days because it was absolutely fascinating and I couldn't put it down. Ellen Harris managed to capture this intriguing case in a well-written manner. It helps that everything is in St. Louis, so my interest was completely enraptured anytime a landmark or a street name was brought up. The case itself, and the people involved, are of course fascinating if not disgusting (Dennis Bulloch) as well.

While I normally don't delve into non-fiction, nor am I usually a
Fishface
Jan 22, 2016 Fishface rated it really liked it
Grim, sad story set during the 1980s MBA Avalanche, about an amazingly cold man who married a woman higher up in the financial heirarchy than he was, then killed her for her money. It was good to see him go down. The photo section will chill you to the bone. Usually the cover of a book says "shocking photos!" and you open it to find smiling studio portraits of all the judges and attorneys involved, plus baby pictures of the killer. You won't have that experience with this book.
Nov 13, 2009 Jennifer rated it liked it
I read this a long long time ago- when I worked at the Endicott Library as a teenager. I read it like a morality tale and took it to heart. I credit it with ensuring I will always be a feminist and teaching me I am better off alone then with the wrong man. Sadly, Ms. Miller Bulloch's husband was found guilty of killing her but his sentence was shockingly lenient.
SouthWestZippy
Jan 18, 2016 SouthWestZippy rated it liked it
This was a hard book to read due to the subject. Good true crime book but so heartbreaking.
Carol
Aug 31, 2016 Carol rated it did not like it
Ann Rule would have done it better.
Janice
Dec 23, 2015 Janice rated it really liked it
Very good true crime story about a vulnerable woman and the egotistical narcsisist she fell in love with.
Gloria
Gloria rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2012
Mary Claire
Mary Claire rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Vena
Vena rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2009
Sue Ellen
Sue Ellen rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Janice
Janice rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Diane Mcafee
Diane Mcafee rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2017
Carla
Carla rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2012
Denise St cere brock
Denise St cere brock rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2017
Lynda Kelly
Lynda Kelly rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2010
Susan Burge
Susan Burge rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Britton
Britton rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Jenny Soldan
Jenny Soldan rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2011
Hannah
Hannah rated it liked it
May 03, 2010
Debbie Darwine
Debbie Darwine rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2011
Renee
Renee rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2010
Marsmannix
Marsmannix rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2012
Jean
Jean rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2013
Shan
Shan rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2017
Della Scott
Della Scott rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2010