Start by marking “When Angels Cry (Dark Angel Chronicles, prequel)” as Want to Read:
When Angels Cry  (Dark Angel Chronicles, prequel)

When Angels Cry (Dark Angel Chronicles 0.5)

Bound in a symbiosis to the entities of the Starfire crystal, Shartrael Padina is one of four Keepers protecting their power. When the Shirukan, elite soldiers of the Shirat Empire, attack, her mate is killed protecting her escape through a portal to Earth. There she must stay to protect her unborn child and the Starfire, but she hasn't escaped the Shirukan.
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about When Angels Cry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Angels Cry

Lynxie
Shartrael Padina is an angel, and if that wasn't special enough, she's also one of four keepers of the Starfire crystals.

If that doesn't mean anything to you, welcome to my club. I went into this story with a very limited idea on what angels are, why they'd end up on Earth and I had absolutely no idea what this Starfire crystal was and what it was used for.

This wasn't really an issue though, because Melanie provides plenty of story with background and information thrown in for the reader. The do
Emmanuelle
Mar 23, 2013 Emmanuelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this after having read all the others (currently out) in the series. It made a lot more sense that way since I already knew the background story. I feel like it made more sense reading it in that order; I feel that if I would have read it at the beginning, I might not have had the same interest in the story, not to mention that it would have made less sense.

The Inari and Starfire aren't really described in depth in this book. Everything happens very quickly. Obviously it's only a novella
Terri
Sep 04, 2013 Terri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am conflicted with how I felt about this novel. I was actually planning on reading the next in the series and then I noticed that this one came first however I think it was written afterwards. I feel like I did not have enough context to appreciate it. I will read the next one before laying judgement and once I have I may revisit my thoughts on this.
Jacquelyn Smith
This book is about Padima, who is angel from another planet.
She has the ability to heal thru enery, but Shirka's soldiers followed her to earth, now she must save earth and her unborn child.

Nice and exciting read....
Darlene
Jan 19, 2012 Darlene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yvensong, S. Michele
This was interesting. It is a chance to see Paddy's beginnings on Earth. I wanted to see more. I still had a few questions about Debbie and the nephews. But the love story between an alien to country and world and her social-worker was beautiful.

Now on to Crystal Tomb.
TerriAnn M. Brochu
again great great book I want everyone to read it and all the others what a great book and story. what a great great writer.. Love you girl.
Stacy Livanec
I really liked the story line of this book and I will read the other 2 books but I wish this one went further instead of just ending like it did.
Tracy
Oct 21, 2012 Tracy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish would have read this one first. It's starts at the very beginning an provides valuable insight into how the story started
Lora
Lora rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2011
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2012
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Helena
Helena rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2012
Laura Sims
Laura Sims rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Oana
Oana rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Crator
Crator rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Montana
Montana rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Terri
Terri rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2013
Almira
Almira rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2012
Taylor Wilson
Taylor Wilson rated it liked it
May 30, 2014
Lauren Harrison
Lauren Harrison rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2012
Christine Stanford
Christine Stanford rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Suzanne Wall
Suzanne Wall rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Macy
Macy rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2011
Vita
Vita rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
May May
May May rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2013
Nikki Howard
Nikki Howard rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Broken Wing: A Requiem Novella  (Requiem, #0.5)
  • Anathema (Sojournor, #4)
  • Grace of Day (Grace, #4)
  • Guardian (Feather, #2)
  • Darkness in the Blood (Angel's Edge, #2)
  • Lemniscate (Angel Star, #2)
  • Afterlife (Fall of Angels, #3.5)
  • Play Fling
  • Forever (Fateful, #3)
  • Earthweb
  • Rise of the Demons (Oceans of Red #1)
  • In The Eye of The Beholder:  A Novel of The Phantom of the Opera
  • Great Kings' War
  • Resonance
  • Roots and Wings (The Gifted Teens, #2)
  • Legions of Space
  • Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries
  • Stars Over Stars (Heyoka Blackeagle, #2)
2056014
Melanie Nilles (aka M. A. Nilles) always had a fascination with science fiction and fantasy and in 2015 became an Active Member of SFWA. Her published works include the Starfire Angels series, Adronis series, and others. As M. A. Nilles, she writes darker fiction, including the Legend of the White Dragon epic, Tiger Born, and Spirit Blade. For updates, visit her website at www.melanienilles.com or ...more
More about Melanie Nilles...

Dark Angel Chronicles (4 books)
  • Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1)
  • Broken Wings (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #2)
  • Crystal Tomb (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3)
  • Forever Dark (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles #4)