Start by marking “Arabic Through the Qur'an” as Want to Read:
Arabic Through the Qur'an

Arabic Through the Qur'an

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Whether used as a means of self-instruction or as part of higher learning coursework, this language primer is ideally suited for those wishing to learn classical Arabic and for Muslims who wish to learn Arabic exclusively for use in their religious and spiritual practice. Designed to enhance the understanding of the Qur'an and its vocabulary that has infiltrated the whole ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by Islamic Texts Society

To ask other readers questions about Arabic Through the Qur'an, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arabic Through the Qur'an

Francesca Umm Yahya ar-Rumiya
I bought this book as a first resource to learn the Arabic language, after having studied an introductory book to learn how to read and write in the Arabic alphabet.
The book is well structured, and enables the student to analyse and understand simple Quranic verses after a few lessons.
However, grammatical explanations are extremely concise (even though clear), and there are very few exercises. The student might be overwhelmed by the depth of the material after the first few pages.
I advice people
I use this book to teach students Arabic with the aim of being able to read the Quran in it's original Arabic text. I have always used Haywood and Nahmad's A New Arabic Grammar, to teach and while I prefer the depth of the latter, the brief "bite-size" nature of the chapters in this book, make it more accessible for students. However if you are looking for a teach-yourself kind of book, this will probably not be sufficient. Hence four rather than five stars.
I don't have any other frame of reference for books on learning Arabic, but I found this one to be helpful. It's pretty limited in scope though, so if you're wanting to get serious about learning Arabic, there are probably better resources. For the casual learner like myself, give it a try.
Adam Muhammad
Adam Muhammad marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Zain marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Rana Amaar Faaruq
Rana Amaar Faaruq is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2015
Shamima Khanum
Shamima Khanum marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Peter marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Haneef Abdullah
Haneef Abdullah marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Mohamed marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Safendrri Ragamustari
Safendrri Ragamustari marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Lucas marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Abu Hammam
Abu Hammam marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Emir Bejtagic
Emir Bejtagic marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Jhop added it
Feb 27, 2015
Zawjatu Shu'Ayb
Zawjatu Shu'Ayb is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
Yusra Gulab Jamman
Yusra Gulab Jamman marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Muhammad Arqum
Muhammad Arqum marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Kimi is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2014
Michael marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Mattan marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
iAspirant is currently reading it
Oct 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Rough Guide to Horror Movies Profondo Argento: The Man, the Myths & the Magic Dario Argento: The Man, the Myths & the Magic Saturday Night Forever: The Story of Disco Students! Do Not Push Your Teacher Down the Stairs on Friday