Start by marking “Vet Confidential: An Insider's Guide to Protecting Your Pet's Health” as Want to Read:
Vet Confidential: An Insider's Guide to Protecting Your Pet's Health

Vet Confidential: An Insider's Guide to Protecting Your Pet's Health

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
From an experienced and highly respected authority in the veterinary world comes a comprehensive must-have guide to everything you need to know to ensure high-quality health care for your beloved animal companions.

Our pets mean the world to us and we go out of our way to pamper them, from gourmet cat treats to doggie daycare. We should, of course, also demand the very best
Published June 24th 2008 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Vet Confidential, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vet Confidential

Deborah
Jan 20, 2016 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for pet lovers. It, quite simply, covers everything! I am finding a new veterinarian since I moved to a new city and this book tells me exactly what to ask and what to look for. It's great!
Cyndie
Apr 12, 2014 Cyndie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cyndie by: Tripawds
A fantastic guide on how to tell you're working with a quality veterinarian plus a primer on specialty veterinary medicine and specialty services. Does a great job talking about vaccines, alternative medicine, and basics of paying for pet care. In the same vein as Speaking for Spot but a bit more concise for those with limited time. Honestly, considering using this to replace the packet of information we usually give to our new pet owners. An excellent read, will definitely check out some more o ...more
Liz
Dec 22, 2008 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a good book for anyone who doesn't know the basics of pet health and is curious. It teaches you a lot about what to look for in a vet as well as the health of your pet. If you have already done a lot of research on the subject you probably already know most of the information in here. But as a book for new owners I think it could be very helpful. :)
Gina
Mar 03, 2009 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves their pet
Excellent book for the new pet owner or the person who wants to brush up on pet care or wants to get a specific question about their furry friend's care answered. The author provides checklists that you can take to your vet so all your questions get answered.
Melanie
I'm not rating since I only read certain sections of interest to me. Generally helpful, especially section on vaccines.
Anne
Very good resource for pet parents, and an excellent one for first-time ones.
Tara
All about what to look for in a vet. Solid advice.
Jenn/Yana
Jan 20, 2009 Jenn/Yana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, non-fiction
I'll be buying this one.
Cherie Wolf
Cherie Wolf marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Lynn Farina
Lynn Farina marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Quia
Quia rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Claudette
Claudette marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Marnie
Marnie is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2015
Ariel Streeter
Ariel Streeter marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Itachi
Itachi rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Jan 02, 2015
Esther
Esther added it
Oct 04, 2014
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Linda
Linda added it
Jun 28, 2013
Jenny Aggio
Jenny Aggio marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2013
Regi
Regi marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Maja
Maja rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2013
Kayce
Kayce marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2012
Brooke
Brooke rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2011
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2011
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2011