Start by marking “Me and My Amazing Body” as Want to Read:
Me and My Amazing Body

Me and My Amazing Body

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  14 reviews
What is under your skin? Why do you have bones? What do your muscles do? Where does the food that you eat go?Me and My Amazing Body can show you! From your head to your toes and everything in between, this playful introduction to anatomy explains all the important parts of your body. Easy to read and easy to understand, Me and My Amazing Body helps children appreciate ever ...more
Published May 9th 2000 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Me and My Amazing Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and My Amazing Body

Yusra Faridi
This book is an introduction to the human body, geared towards elementary aged students. It touches all of the main points and questions children have about their bodies regarding bones, muscles, blood circulation, and of course, the heart. A lot of younger children are aware of their physical features and what is on the outside of their body, but very few understand the processes that go on inside. This book provides a very basic yet useful introduction to the human body. This is a book that ca ...more
Heather
So we've decided we're done with birds. We took a vote and now we're studying the human body. It must be stated though that the 5-yr-old is terrified of body books. In fact, I have to hide the ones we own. I wasn't sure how we were going to handle it.

I started by reading this book I found at the library. It's a very easy, very gentle introduction. All the major things are talked about (bones, muscles, heart and blood, lungs, blah, blah, blah) but it doesn't go into detail at all. The pictures sh
Lizzy
This book explains basic anatomy in a fun and developmentally appropriate way. It includes a discussion of internal organs, bones, and the circulatory system. The illustrations help make the abstract ideas more concrete, although some teacher adaptation might be needed for children with special needs or children with certain fears, as the illustrations are drawn bisections of the human body, which some children may find frightening or confusing.
Topic: Science: anatomy, Self-skills/awareness
Jen Rothmeyer
Joan Sweeney writes a cute introduction to the human body and its systems from the perspective of a young, caucasian girl. Sweeney points out that some parts of the body (the exterior) can be seen, but there are even more parts underneath the skin. Body systems covered: skin, skeletal, muscular, nervous ("brain"), circulatory, respiratory, and digestive,

This is a very short and basic overview of the body probably targeted for preschoolers or kindergarteners. Older children should already know t
Elizabeth Mcdonough
This is a great book to introduce the human anatomy to elementary students. The book answers some important questions such as:
What is inside our bodies?
Why do you have bones?
What do our muscles do how do they work?
How does our body digest foods that we eat?

This book is easy to read and it makes learning about the human body easy to understand. This book is a great way to incorporate literacy into a science lesson.
Gina Starling
PK-2 This book is great for kids up to 8 years old. It explains all aspects of your body such as a discussion of how your skeleton holds up your skin and, at the same time, protects the softer insides of your body. It also discusses your how your muscles work, how your body receives energy from your food, and how your heart, lungs, veins, and arteries all work together.
Kristine Pratt
A beginning book that explains the human body in clear and interesting terms. I liked this one and enjoyed the little message at the end that expressed how unique everyone is too. That's a real nice touch. Recommended if you're looking for something to teach your little one a little more about themselves.
Anna
This is a great body book that talks about the parts of the body, bones, muscles, skin, lungs, heart brain, etc.; highly recommended to parents who are looking for a title to explain the components of the human body. (No private parts are mentioned as that's not this books focus.)
Heather
40 months - a simple introduction to the body. O is very into learning about everything under our skin from the nerves and bones to blood and muscles so this is a nice easy starting book. We've since moved on to more complex information and detailed illustrations.
Kayla
Be careful when selecting grade to read this too! Good information/helpful book! Have read this to my moms daycare kids and they loved it!
Barbara
A simple introduction to the wonders of the human body for very young children, probably second grade and younger. It was OK.
Alicia
This is a simple book that gets kids aware of their body parts and their individual functions.
Amanda
Aug 23, 2014 Amanda marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books
Interest in his own bones made me get this out for my 5 yr old son.
Nikita Pandeya
Love to read this book to my three year old!
Cherry
Cherry is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2014
Noah
Noah added it
Sep 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Me on the Map Me and My Place in Space Me and the Measure of Things Bijou, Bonbon and Beau: The Kittens Who Danced for Degas Me and My Family Tree