Start by marking “Me and My Amazing Body” as Want to Read:
Me and My Amazing Body

Me and My Amazing Body

What is under your skin? Why do you have bones? What do your muscles do? Where does the food that you eat go?Me and My Amazing Body can show you! From your head to your toes and everything in between, this playful introduction to anatomy explains all the important parts of your body. Easy to read and easy to understand, Me and My Amazing Body helps children appreciate ever ...more
Published May 9th 2000 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Me and My Amazing Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and My Amazing Body

Alyssa
Nov 08, 2016 Alyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: informational
1. This book has not received any awards.

2. This book can be used in preschool up to grade two.

3. This is an informational book about the human body and its parts. This book has a little girl as the narrator of the book, who goes through each part of the body and explains what it does for you. Each page also has a diagram to go along with it. The diagram shows you on the body where the part is that she is talking about.

4. I think this book is a very good and fun way to help students understand t
Heather
So we've decided we're done with birds. We took a vote and now we're studying the human body. It must be stated though that the 5-yr-old is terrified of body books. In fact, I have to hide the ones we own. I wasn't sure how we were going to handle it.

I started by reading this book I found at the library. It's a very easy, very gentle introduction. All the major things are talked about (bones, muscles, heart and blood, lungs, blah, blah, blah) but it doesn't go into detail at all. The pictures sh
Yusra Faridi
This book is an introduction to the human body, geared towards elementary aged students. It touches all of the main points and questions children have about their bodies regarding bones, muscles, blood circulation, and of course, the heart. A lot of younger children are aware of their physical features and what is on the outside of their body, but very few understand the processes that go on inside. This book provides a very basic yet useful introduction to the human body. This is a book that ca ...more
Oct 12, 2015 Kayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This is a story about the human body. From skin and bones to muscles and blood, this book describes many of the things that contribute to how we function. I think this would be a great story to use in second or third grade, whenever the students are introduced to human anatomy. They can read this book then do an activity where they have to create a human body on construction paper and label some of the parts, like legs, arms, heart, and lungs. There is an example of this towards the end of the s ...more
Jen Rothmeyer
Joan Sweeney writes a cute introduction to the human body and its systems from the perspective of a young, caucasian girl. Sweeney points out that some parts of the body (the exterior) can be seen, but there are even more parts underneath the skin. Body systems covered: skin, skeletal, muscular, nervous ("brain"), circulatory, respiratory, and digestive,

This is a very short and basic overview of the body probably targeted for preschoolers or kindergarteners. Older children should already know t
Lizzy
This book explains basic anatomy in a fun and developmentally appropriate way. It includes a discussion of internal organs, bones, and the circulatory system. The illustrations help make the abstract ideas more concrete, although some teacher adaptation might be needed for children with special needs or children with certain fears, as the illustrations are drawn bisections of the human body, which some children may find frightening or confusing.
Topic: Science: anatomy, Self-skills/awareness
Elizabeth Mcdonough
This is a great book to introduce the human anatomy to elementary students. The book answers some important questions such as:
What is inside our bodies?
Why do you have bones?
What do our muscles do how do they work?
How does our body digest foods that we eat?

This book is easy to read and it makes learning about the human body easy to understand. This book is a great way to incorporate literacy into a science lesson.
Kristine Hansen
Aug 28, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, picture-book, health
A beginning book that explains the human body in clear and interesting terms. I liked this one and enjoyed the little message at the end that expressed how unique everyone is too. That's a real nice touch. Recommended if you're looking for something to teach your little one a little more about themselves.
Gina Starling
Feb 10, 2012 Gina Starling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PK-2 This book is great for kids up to 8 years old. It explains all aspects of your body such as a discussion of how your skeleton holds up your skin and, at the same time, protects the softer insides of your body. It also discusses your how your muscles work, how your body receives energy from your food, and how your heart, lungs, veins, and arteries all work together.
Heather
Sep 10, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-library
40 months - a simple introduction to the body. O is very into learning about everything under our skin from the nerves and bones to blood and muscles so this is a nice easy starting book. We've since moved on to more complex information and detailed illustrations.
Alicia Zuern
Aug 28, 2016 Alicia Zuern rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: el230
I picked this book for another assignment in this class. This book is very informational on our bodies. IT starts out with the basics of our bodies and then goes more in depth. To learn about our muscles and brain and veins.
Anna
Feb 04, 2009 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-600
This is a great body book that talks about the parts of the body, bones, muscles, skin, lungs, heart brain, etc.; highly recommended to parents who are looking for a title to explain the components of the human body. (No private parts are mentioned as that's not this books focus.)
Sep 22, 2012 Kayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ed-310-books
Be careful when selecting grade to read this too! Good information/helpful book! Have read this to my moms daycare kids and they loved it!
Barbara
A simple introduction to the wonders of the human body for very young children, probably second grade and younger. It was OK.
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Cana
Cana rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2010
Amber Lund
Amber Lund rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Datra
Datra rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Jaron
Jaron rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2008
Miranda Ayni
Miranda Ayni rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Kelli Lemoine
Kelli Lemoine rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Amanda
Mar 24, 2011 Amanda marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-s-books
Interest in his own bones made me get this out for my 5 yr old son.
Lori
Lori rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2014
Maki
Mar 27, 2016 Maki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very detailed book which explains how your body works to kids. Great drawings and details.
Miranda Whittaker
Miranda Whittaker rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Kayla rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
The Brothers Umbras
The Brothers Umbras rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2010
Mnavoltlive.Com
Mnavoltlive.Com rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2017
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014