Start by marking “Love And Money” as Want to Read:
Love And Money

Love And Money (20th Century #3)

ONE IS RICH, THE OTHER POOR -- TWO SISTERS, IN LOVE WITH THE SAME MAN
DOLORES DAHLEN: Dubbed "The Million Dollar Baby," she grew up fearing no one would love her if she wasn't rich - even after she found a man who adored her...

SLASH STEINER: From humble beginnings, he created himself in Gatsbyesque style, made a fortune on Wall Street and won Dee Dee Dahlen - until their di
Published (first published 1988)

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Love and Money (Park Avenue Series, Book #3)

The love story of Slash and Deedee. The Dahlens are a rich Wall Street family that Deedee is a part of, but she is not what they want. Slash was born on the wrong side of the track. He is a Wall Street wolf and he want Deedee. Great story of love and family dynamics.
Marilou George
Dec 27, 2011 Marilou George rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love And Money is the 3rd book in the 20th Century Series by Ruth Harris and again I am effortlessly transported back in time. The dazzling world of Wall Street comes to life as we enter the world of the Dahlen family in the 1950’s and their journey into the 1980’s. It is a stunning portrait of a family obsessed with love, money and fear. A family rich in wealth yet devoid of emotional stability and love. A family that is headed down an unforeseen path of great wealth and prosperity. A family fu ...more
Al
May 29, 2012 Al rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, read-2012
Two words that come to mind to describe Love and Money are archetypical and epic. The story of a child born to privilege who ends up raised by poor parents is as old as Oedipus. I have vague memories, although I haven’t been able to dredge the details from the recesses of my memory, of a kid’s folk tale with two sons of a king, one raised in the castle and the other by peasants. These character types can be the basis of a great story, comparing the differences in the lives and personalities of t ...more
Leslie
Mar 19, 2015 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trashy
This is the tale of three people born at the end of WW2, in the US, in wildly different circumstances. DeeDee is a Million dollar baby, endowed with a trust fund at birth back when a Million Dollars was really something. Gold was $35 / ounce and American's couldn't own any. On the same day a another baby girl is born to a poor single mother in a small NE town. What almost no one knows is that DeeDee and Lana are half sisters; one an American heiress, the other a nameless bastard. A few years ear ...more
Vicki
Mar 28, 2016 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad but not good either

When I read the plot I thought it would be quite an involving read but although the story covers quite a few years I struggled to identify with any of the characters. The only way I can explain it is that it felt cold, I didn't feel like I really got to know anyone in the story so found it hard to care about what happened to them. It's a shame as the plot had real potential. As a whole it felt like a bit of a history of the family rather than a character driven story.
Tobias
Aug 25, 2015 Tobias rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did it bother anyone else that Slash Steiner seriously referred to himself as "Slash" and NO ONE thought it sounded like a serial killer???!!!

Despite that, this book was a typical chick lit--- super rich people mixing with the bad boy (Slash) and bad girl (Lana) from the wrong side of the tracks. This book held my attention and I was entertained by it. But the one thing that bothered me was that I didn't really connect with any of the characters. Slash was a jerk, Deedee was stuck up, Lana was a
Shental Henrie
This story is about two sisters, while born in different worlds, still have to deal with long reaching affects that their decisions have. Deedee is born to privilege and Lana wasn't.

This book is about how far our decisions can go and how they can have disastrous affects that will leave you with such deep regret.

It will make you think about your own decisions and who they affect and maybe even making different ones.
Charlie Sparks
Sep 10, 2016 Charlie Sparks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent chronicle of family twists & high finance

Love & Money is the story of a family born with a silver spoon in their collective mouth, and the other side of the coin: an illegitimate daughter raised without ever knowing her real father was not the drunk who raised her, but was a wealthy man. And then there's an orphan who uses his wits to make a huge financial splash. And he loves 2 women, who are actually (& unknown to one of them) sisters.
Elena
Aug 02, 2015 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put it down!

I loved this book because it reminded of the books I read and loved in the past, books that transported me to another time and place. Books written by Sidney Sheldon and Jacqueline Susann, loving and hating the characters but always knowing that everyone would get what they deserved in the end.
Janet
Nov 07, 2015 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book. A lot of twists and turns. I hadn't read any others in the series so I can't compare. But it was a stand alone novel. It is difficult to not say too much without revealing some of the plot twists. I woul recommend this book and will read other books from this author. The characters were well developed, interesting and you want them to succeed.
Nancy Kennedy
Totally predictable in a Danielle Steele kind of way. Two half-sisters who don't know about each other's existence until later in life. One has a silver spoon; the other has to make a success of herself starting with a cosmetology degree. They both end up fabulously wealthy and love the same man. I think I saw this on Dynasty in the 80's!
Debbie Ford Dullabaun
I really enjoyed this book. The saga has something for everyone. I hated, loved, wanted to cry with /for some and others just wanted to erase them completely. Once I started I didn't want to put down to do anything. Sad to finish, but I love when a story really wraps up the loose ends. Thank you
Phyllis Hairston
This is my first time reading this author, and i was pleasantly surprised. This was the 3rd book in her series, I will definitely look forward to reading her first two, which by the way are stand alones, no need to read them in order.
Joan
Apr 29, 2016 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had some trouble keeping up with who was who in this novel at times, but overall it was a better-than-average read.
Leila Kheiry
It's a soap opera in book form. Entertaining brain candy. My main complaint is the author had no clue how to end it.
Lisa
May 20, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the way Ruth Harris writes. Her characters are always well defined and the time period accurately portrayed.
Vicki
May 30, 2016 Vicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
High finance, old money, socialite families and the outsiders who turn their world sideways. Good story that covered a range of topics and seemed very possible/real.
Eileen Campbell
May 24, 2016 Eileen Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great storytelling

Thoroughly enjoyed this tale of family ties and loyalties and class division. Ruth has a wonderful gift for storytelling and readers will not be disappointed.
Camilla
Nov 18, 2015 Camilla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I never finished this book. too long and rambling. I just wasn't in the mood for it.
Lucille Lee
Lucille Lee rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2015
patricia k kasm
patricia k kasm rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
donna vickers
donna vickers rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Crystal Hetke
Crystal Hetke rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
April Miggletto
April Miggletto rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Kelketchum
Kelketchum rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2011
Bisi Osho
Bisi Osho rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2017
Lisa Thompson
Lisa Thompson rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Butterfly Groove: A Mother's Mystery, A Daughter's Journey
  • Corridor Man
  • Purling Road - The Complete First Season: Episodes 1-10
  • Tangled: A Southern Gothic Yarn
  • The Rush Cutter's Legacy (The Greek Village #15)
  • The Recruiter
  • Roommates
  • Red Clover
  • Savage Moon (DI Spicer Book 3)
  • Blue Molly (Danny Logan Mystery, #5)
  • Wild Raspberries
  • The Back Building
  • Ashes (Ashes #1)
  • The Way Evil Does (The Eisenbrey Trilogy, #1)
  • Lost And Found (September Day Series, #1)
  • A Sister's Promise (Sisters Series, #1)
  • The Dangerous Edge of Things
  • Borderline
Ruth Harris is a New York Times and Amazon bestselling author and a Romantic Times award winner for “best contemporary.” Ruth’s emotional, entertaining fiction has topped Amazon’s Movers and Shakers list and her highly praised novels have sold millions of copies in hard cover, paperback and ebook editions, been translated into 19 languages, sold in 30 countries, and were prominent selections of le ...more
More about Ruth Harris...

20th Century (5 books)
  • Decades (20th Century, #1)
  • Husbands and Lovers
  • Modern Women
  • The Last Romantics

“Time present and time past Are both perhaps present in time future, And time future contained in time past.” —T.S. ELIOT Four Quartets “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” —GEORGE SANTAYANA The Life of Reason I: RICH GIRL” 0 likes