Start by marking “A Thin Difference” as Want to Read:
A Thin Difference

A Thin Difference

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Spinning a new twist to the legal drama genre, Frank Turner Hollon explores the moral and the controversial in his third novel, A Thin Difference.Jack Skinner is a criminal defense attorney in a small town in Southern Alabama. His personal life has declined into a battlefield of divorces, bitter children, and tax debt, but the courtroom has always been a safe haven from hi ...more
Published September 25th 2009 by M P Publishing Ltd. (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Thin Difference, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thin Difference

Dayne
I have been enchanted by books, the evocative sound of pages turning, the mesmerizing way the eye moves down the page. A Thin Difference is just this kind of book, the sort of novel that walks with you down a long and unforeseen road, like a pathway into a new world.

Alabama writer-lawyer Frank Turner Hollon, author of The Pains of April and The God File, has done it again. He's written something moving, something strong, something unforgettable. I have read his two recently published novels, and
Pamela
LILLIAN C. KNOCKE
Too superficial

Too superficial

drab plot. Too simple.not deep enough. I did read it through, waiting for the plot to thicken and torque-nope! bland.
Suzie Quint
Mark Twain once wrote, "I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead" meaning that saying what you need to in fewer words is more difficult than to say it in many words. Frank Turner Hollon writes short books, but in those fewer pages, he writes a more satisfying story than most authors do in twice the space.

His books are somewhat hard to quantify. This is a courtroom drama, but it's so much more. As always, it is the psyche of his characters that is truly compelling
Beth Bedee
This book had an interesting twist. It is told in the first person, and I always seem to connect to the character more that way. I really liked Jack Skinner. It was cleverly written so that I felt that I really knew him and what makes him tick. But as the end came, he is really unlikable because of things he's done in his past. It makes you think about how you think you really know and like somebody, but you don't really know what's underneath.
Peggy Walker
This was a story about a criminal defense attorney who is sliding down the slippery slope of alcoholism and failed marriages and relationships. He goes to work. He goes home and drinks. Still, he is generally able to function. He takes on a fairly hopeless case which takes some very, very surprising twists. Sad characters, but a well told story.
Vivian
Another fantastic read from Frank Turner Hollon. He writes in the legal drama genre but is so much more - with concise writing, believable characters and some twists and turns. His endings are always an unexpected surprise. Can't wait to read more of his work. Very highly recommend!

James P
Frank Turner Hollon is a local attorney with a real flair for creating realistic crime stories or stories about those who live on the edge of society. I promise he will become one of your favorite new authors. He writes like I wish I were able!
Patricia
really enjoyed this novel. It is tightly written and talks about how one mistake years ago can come back and destroy your life. Totally enjoyed the plot and twist at the end.
Cindi
enjoyed this book!!!! had lots of twists and turns...
Lynne
Local author. Fast read.
charles d robinson
charles d robinson marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Jesse Baer
Jesse Baer marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
AnyaSmol
AnyaSmol marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Vicky Dornbush
Vicky Dornbush marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Frank Turner Hollon, a talented author, has works that vary from suspenseful novels, to short stories, to children’s books. Frank Hollon was born on July 24th, 1963 in Huntsville, Alabama. Although born in Alabama, Hollon soon became a Louisiana native when he moved to Slidell, Louisiana, or as he says “the ugliest town in America,” when he was 5 years old. Hollon attended Slidell High School and ...more
More about Frank Turner Hollon...
The God File Blood & Circumstance Life Is a Strange Place The Wait Austin and Emily