Start by marking “Lead the Field” as Want to Read:
Lead the Field

Lead the Field

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,888 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
IF THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE...
It's probably getting better care. Success is not a matter of luck or circumstance. It's not a matter of fate or the breaks you get or who you know.
Success is a matter of sticking to a set of commonsense principles anyone can master. In Lead the Field Earl Nightingale explains these guidelines: the magic word in life is ATTIT
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published February 1st 2002 by Simon & Schuster Audio/Nightingale-Conant (first published January 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Lead the Field, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead the Field

Catherine
Nov 19, 2008 Catherine rated it it was amazing
Earl Nightingale is amazing. He's inspirational and can help everyone find a way to deal with even the smallest block that is in their way to success. He is a founding father to the motivational speaking life. Read him first, then go on to all the others. The rest make more sense.

I listened to this book on an audio while I worked. (My job entails driving to people's homes and doing interviews for the Census.) He keeps my spirit up on the bad days and inspires me to do better on all days.

The fi
Natalia Luneva
Nov 20, 2011 Natalia Luneva is currently reading it
Quite motivational book.

"Life is dull only for dull people".
Grandesuperleo
Oct 24, 2015 Grandesuperleo rated it it was amazing
I listen to the Audiobook & i really start to notice change in my live

Well I admitt now im like an addict for this i cant enjoy my day if dont listen to this magical lessons

This product is since 1972 & i swear Every word said on it go on our days right now

I believe this is the best lessons i heard in my entire life &by far the only one who explain the luck on plain simple sentence

"Luck is when opportunity meets preperation

& opportunity is there all the time"

Or " it not the jo
Max Nova
Mar 21, 2014 Max Nova rated it did not like it
"Lead the Field" is a preachy, lifeless book full of empty platitudes and mindless repetition. Almost everything inside of this book is completely obvious - from the importance of having a "good attitude" and "a good vocabulary" to tackling tasks "one at a time." Add to that the fact that this book is riddled with typos, you've got yourself a real loser on your hands. This book somehow made it onto the "Personal MBA" reading list, and to date it has been the only one I have thoroughly disliked. ...more
Vinnie Pavao
Sep 17, 2012 Vinnie Pavao rated it it was amazing
Life lessons by a man who makes you feel like his grandson.
Aelena
Apr 28, 2016 Aelena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know that this field of personal growth / self-help or whatever you prefer to call it, is full of hawkers, snake-oil pushers and all manners of charlatans. However, this book has quite a lot of actionable advice that is no doubt positively good. Mostly about habits of course, but also mental strength and a proper command of language are given their due importance. It is one of those books one would do well to keep in the closest shelf for frequent reference.
Terry Koressel
Oct 04, 2015 Terry Koressel rated it really liked it
Lead The Field is a must read if you are serious about personal development....especially character development. This is my 3rd read in the past 3 decades. Each time the book and its ideas are just as fresh and vibrant as the first time through. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that Earl Nightingale has another classic....The Strangest Secret...which is even better. Lead the Field is a must read though. You will not be disappointed.
Georgi Mirchev
Mar 27, 2016 Georgi Mirchev rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mind, non-fiction, startup
It is a great book! It reminds you of the basics, of the most important things in life which are not money and to become famous. And these things should not be your goal. You should follow the goals which are present in this books. They are the worthy ones which will achieve more than you have expected. It reminds you that success is having a worthy goal, not earning a lot of money for example. And each person is successful in his own means. So many important lessons!
Zachariah
Jul 23, 2015 Zachariah rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this because Personal-Development can be motivational. To some extent it accomplished that. But over all it was pretty meh. Maybe if you're unfamiliar with the bread-and-butter of the genre this might be worth reading. But personally I find anecdotes and metaphors quickly tiring and they sure don't move my emotions when they insult fact or reason.
Mo Conner
Apr 21, 2015 Mo Conner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remarkable wisdom every step of the way

Nightingale draws a roadmap to help each person figure out what success means to them and exactly how to achieve it. Great read and something I will continually reference again and again to reinforce the principles of success this book highlights.
Mark Manderson
Mar 12, 2016 Mark Manderson rated it really liked it
Love Nightingale's work. Great job of explaining how important attitude is as well as the power of focus. His work is a must read.
Jessica
Jun 11, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An excellent, must-read for any entrepreneur. Or anyone, really.
Greg De Tisi
Mar 28, 2015 Greg De Tisi rated it it was amazing
Remarkable wisdom from a remarkably warm hearted man.
Matthew Gilfellon
Jan 05, 2016 Matthew Gilfellon rated it it was ok
Laura Grow-Nyberg
Nightingale-Conant should consider having someone write an updated edition. There's helpful advice in here, but only mixed in with obsolete anecdotes.
Andrea
Oct 21, 2014 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Have read it twice. Great motivational read.
Sean Wood
Mar 03, 2014 Sean Wood rated it it was amazing
Great book to follow Think and Grow Rich
John
Nov 28, 2014 John rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-versions
It was the wisdom of grandpa that drew me to like him even more. (Mr. Nightingale = 'grandpa')
Jason Salas
Nov 05, 2013 Jason Salas rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Entrepreneurs and/or people who want to better themselves
Absolutely one of the greatest books ever written about success. It's less about formula and more about human nature -- more importantly, about how to change our nature while remaining true to ourselves.

I listen to this book while I run, bike, drive, do yard work, wherever. I'm on my third listen and I catch new things all the time. It's truly excellent.

One bit of warning (if it is a warning): Nightingale can sound a bit old-timey. Yet, the more you listen, the more he endures you to his voice a
Jbrajoelgmail.Com
Feb 10, 2016 Jbrajoelgmail.Com is currently reading it
Shelves: d
ewsd
Mark
Jun 05, 2016 Mark rated it really liked it
Good advice, though a little too "motivational".
Fai
One thing I like the most in this book is that run your like like a company. it is a interesting concept. People have invest in you and you want to give them good ROI.
Ahmad Nazeri
May 10, 2014 Ahmad Nazeri rated it it was amazing
Great program about how to be on top of your field!
Wells Hamilton
May 18, 2009 Wells Hamilton rated it really liked it
I typically shun motivational/productivity media, since so much of it is hashed regurgitation of the classics.

This is one of the classics. "Lead The Field" ranks alongside "How to Win Friends and Influence People," "The Greatest Salesman in the World", and "Think and Grow Rich".

I have listened to this a few times through, and will make it a once-a-week listen while in the car on my way to work.
Sobash
Dec 02, 2010 Sobash rated it it was amazing
Excellent motivational Audio Book. Many things said in this book if followed will bring a change for good in your life. If you want to set a goal in your life and work towards it and achieve it and change your life for the better then listen to this and act a pone the advice and it will bring you the change.
Amit
Dec 12, 2013 Amit rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: timepass, inspiring
Its a philosophical book with lots of emphasis on self improvement. There are various universal statements, this book provides, to start your day with.

Not a bad book as its simple and brief. Not for those, who can not get inspired, merely by reading books.
Pratap
Jun 18, 2016 Pratap rated it really liked it
Listen it for success. A very famous audio program by Earl Nightingale. I loved the first chapter very much 5/5....and a few other chapters I rate 4/5.

Wanna achieve more in life listen to this recording often.
Steve Rangoussis
May 22, 2010 Steve Rangoussis rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone with an inkling of ambition
Where do I begin? Perhaps it can best be encapsulated by saying, if there were truly secrets to success, this work reveals them. Commonsense suggestions that are motivating and empowering. This is a classic.
Torki
May 30, 2014 Torki rated it really liked it
If you haven't read this book or listen to it , I recommend you to do it as soon as you can. It will spread out your mind to infinite possibilities! Indeed he deserve to be the "Dean of Personal Development."
Jeff Lenhart
Sep 15, 2013 Jeff Lenhart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just found out about this book a few weeks ago and ordered it from a local bookstore! What a great read!! I'll for sure be re-reading this in the future! Great advice in the book and full of knowledge!
High rating? 2 6 Nov 28, 2014 09:47PM
  • Turning Numbers into Knowledge: Mastering the Art of Problem Solving
  • Fail-Safe Investing: Lifelong Financial Security in 30 Minutes
  • Bankable Business Plans
  • Numbers Guide: The Essentials of Business Numeracy
  • Value-Based Fees: How to Charge - and Get - What You're Worth (The Ultimate Consultant Series)
  • Marketing Metrics: 50+ Metrics Every Executive Should Master
  • Purpose: The Starting Point of Great Companies
  • Self-Directed Behavior: Self-Modification for Personal Adjustment
  • The Path of Least Resistance: Learning to Become the Creative Force in Your Own Life
  • Hiring Smart!: How to Predict Winners and Losers in the Incredibly Expensive People-Reading Game
  • The Unwritten Laws of Business
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the "Dean of Personal Development." He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“.
More about Earl Nightingale...

“A person who does not read is no better than one cannot read.” 22 likes