Start by marking “Lead The Field” as Want to Read:
Lead The Field

Lead The Field

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  2,479 ratings  ·  39 reviews
It's probably getting better care. Success is not a matter of luck or circumstance. It's not a matter of fate or the breaks you get or who you know.
Success is a matter of sticking to a set of commonsense principles anyone can master. In Lead the Field Earl Nightingale explains these guidelines: the magic word in life is ATTIT
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published February 1st 2002 by Simon & Schuster Audio/Nightingale-Conant (first published January 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Lead The Field, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead The Field

Earl Nightingale is amazing. He's inspirational and can help everyone find a way to deal with even the smallest block that is in their way to success. He is a founding father to the motivational speaking life. Read him first, then go on to all the others. The rest make more sense.

I listened to this book on an audio while I worked. (My job entails driving to people's homes and doing interviews for the Census.) He keeps my spirit up on the bad days and inspires me to do better on all days.

The fi
Natalia Luneva
Nov 20, 2011 Natalia Luneva is currently reading it
Quite motivational book.

"Life is dull only for dull people".
I listen to the Audiobook & i really start to notice change in my live

Well I admitt now im like an addict for this i cant enjoy my day if dont listen to this magical lessons

This product is since 1972 & i swear Every word said on it go on our days right now

I believe this is the best lessons i heard in my entire life &by far the only one who explain the luck on plain simple sentence

"Luck is when opportunity meets preperation

& opportunity is there all the time"

Or " it not the jo
Max Nova
"Lead the Field" is a preachy, lifeless book full of empty platitudes and mindless repetition. Almost everything inside of this book is completely obvious - from the importance of having a "good attitude" and "a good vocabulary" to tackling tasks "one at a time." Add to that the fact that this book is riddled with typos, you've got yourself a real loser on your hands. This book somehow made it onto the "Personal MBA" reading list, and to date it has been the only one I have thoroughly disliked. ...more
Vinnie Pavao
Life lessons by a man who makes you feel like his grandson.
Terry Koressel
Lead The Field is a must read if you are serious about personal development....especially character development. This is my 3rd read in the past 3 decades. Each time the book and its ideas are just as fresh and vibrant as the first time through. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that Earl Nightingale has another classic....The Strangest Secret...which is even better. Lead the Field is a must read though. You will not be disappointed.
I read this because Personal-Development can be motivational. To some extent it accomplished that. But over all it was pretty meh. Maybe if you're unfamiliar with the bread-and-butter of the genre this might be worth reading. But personally I find anecdotes and metaphors quickly tiring and they sure don't move my emotions when they insult fact or reason.
Mo Conner
Remarkable wisdom every step of the way

Nightingale draws a roadmap to help each person figure out what success means to them and exactly how to achieve it. Great read and something I will continually reference again and again to reinforce the principles of success this book highlights.
Karen Grothe
This audio series is excellent to listen to while commuting. The talks emphasize attitude, and the advice is sound and encouraging. The "Acres of Diamonds" story is quite memorable.
An excellent, must-read for any entrepreneur. Or anyone, really.
Greg De Tisi
Remarkable wisdom from a remarkably warm hearted man.
Laura Grow-Nyberg
Nightingale-Conant should consider having someone write an updated edition. There's helpful advice in here, but only mixed in with obsolete anecdotes.
Have read it twice. Great motivational read.
Sean Wood
Great book to follow Think and Grow Rich
It was the wisdom of grandpa that drew me to like him even more. (Mr. Nightingale = 'grandpa')
Jason Salas
Nov 05, 2013 Jason Salas rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Entrepreneurs and/or people who want to better themselves
Absolutely one of the greatest books ever written about success. It's less about formula and more about human nature -- more importantly, about how to change our nature while remaining true to ourselves.

I listen to this book while I run, bike, drive, do yard work, wherever. I'm on my third listen and I catch new things all the time. It's truly excellent.

One bit of warning (if it is a warning): Nightingale can sound a bit old-timey. Yet, the more you listen, the more he endures you to his voice a
Ahmad Nazeri
Great program about how to be on top of your field!
Wells Hamilton
I typically shun motivational/productivity media, since so much of it is hashed regurgitation of the classics.

This is one of the classics. "Lead The Field" ranks alongside "How to Win Friends and Influence People," "The Greatest Salesman in the World", and "Think and Grow Rich".

I have listened to this a few times through, and will make it a once-a-week listen while in the car on my way to work.
Excellent motivational Audio Book. Many things said in this book if followed will bring a change for good in your life. If you want to set a goal in your life and work towards it and achieve it and change your life for the better then listen to this and act a pone the advice and it will bring you the change.
Its a philosophical book with lots of emphasis on self improvement. There are various universal statements, this book provides, to start your day with.

Not a bad book as its simple and brief. Not for those, who can not get inspired, merely by reading books.
Steve Rangoussis
May 22, 2010 Steve Rangoussis rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone with an inkling of ambition
Where do I begin? Perhaps it can best be encapsulated by saying, if there were truly secrets to success, this work reveals them. Commonsense suggestions that are motivating and empowering. This is a classic.
If you haven't read this book or listen to it , I recommend you to do it as soon as you can. It will spread out your mind to infinite possibilities! Indeed he deserve to be the "Dean of Personal Development."
Jeff Lenhart
I just found out about this book a few weeks ago and ordered it from a local bookstore! What a great read!! I'll for sure be re-reading this in the future! Great advice in the book and full of knowledge!
Jan Payne
Referred to as the 'Program of Presidents' I have coached this material for over 15 years now!!
Amazing story teller. - tell a story - make a point!
This is my 3rd or 4th time to read this. This is another book that complements what the people at VitalSmarts are doing.
Chris Ross
A true classic and I finally understand where Jim Meisenheimer got his idea of starting everyday with a 6-pack!
this was not bad...not poor..but good enoug, other work from author is better

Waseem Mirza
Sep 01, 2012 J. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I liked this book a lot. Little too much of the "think it and you'll be it" silliness, but good none-the-less.
If you want to be a leader and make better use of your time.
Matt Evans
Success is the progressive realization of a worthwhile goal. -- EN.
High rating? 2 6 Nov 28, 2014 09:47PM
  • Marketing Metrics: 50+ Metrics Every Executive Should Master
  • Bankable Business Plans
  • Getting Started in Consulting
  • Purpose: The Starting Point of Great Companies
  • 3-D Negotiation: Powerful Tools to Change the Game in Your Most Important Deals
  • Self-Directed Behavior: Self-Modification for Personal Adjustment
  • The Simplicity Survival Handbook: 32 Ways To Do Less And Accomplish More
  • Hiring Smart!: How to Predict Winners and Losers in the Incredibly Expensive People-Reading Game
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the "Dean of Personal Development." He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“.
More about Earl Nightingale...

“A person who does not read is no better than one cannot read.” 17 likes