Lead The Field

Lead The Field

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,506 ratings  ·  30 reviews
IF THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE...
It's probably getting better care. Success is not a matter of luck or circumstance. It's not a matter of fate or the breaks you get or who you know.
Success is a matter of sticking to a set of commonsense principles anyone can master. In Lead the Field Earl Nightingale explains these guidelines: the magic word in life is ATTIT...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published February 1st 2002 by Simon & Schuster Audio/Nightingale-Conant (first published 1986)

Catherine
Earl Nightingale is amazing. He's inspirational and can help everyone find a way to deal with even the smallest block that is in their way to success. He is a founding father to the motivational speaking life. Read him first, then go on to all the others. The rest make more sense.

I listened to this book on an audio while I worked. (My job entails driving to people's homes and doing interviews for the Census.) He keeps my spirit up on the bad days and inspires me to do better on all days.

The fi...more
Natalia Luneva
Nov 20, 2011 Natalia Luneva is currently reading it
Quite motivational book.

"Life is dull only for dull people".
Max Nova
"Lead the Field" is a preachy, lifeless book full of empty platitudes and mindless repetition. Almost everything inside of this book is completely obvious - from the importance of having a "good attitude" and "a good vocabulary" to tackling tasks "one at a time." Add to that the fact that this book is riddled with typos, you've got yourself a real loser on your hands. This book somehow made it onto the "Personal MBA" reading list, and to date it has been the only one I have thoroughly disliked....more
Vinnie Pavao
Life lessons by a man who makes you feel like his grandson.
Sean Wood
Great book to follow Think and Grow Rich
Jason Salas
Nov 05, 2013 Jason Salas rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Entrepreneurs and/or people who want to better themselves
Absolutely one of the greatest books ever written about success. It's less about formula and more about human nature -- more importantly, about how to change our nature while remaining true to ourselves.

I listen to this book while I run, bike, drive, do yard work, wherever. I'm on my third listen and I catch new things all the time. It's truly excellent.

One bit of warning (if it is a warning): Nightingale can sound a bit old-timey. Yet, the more you listen, the more he endures you to his voice a...more
Ahmad Nazeri
Great program about how to be on top of your field!
Wells Hamilton
I typically shun motivational/productivity media, since so much of it is hashed regurgitation of the classics.

This is one of the classics. "Lead The Field" ranks alongside "How to Win Friends and Influence People," "The Greatest Salesman in the World", and "Think and Grow Rich".

I have listened to this a few times through, and will make it a once-a-week listen while in the car on my way to work.
Sobash
Excellent motivational Audio Book. Many things said in this book if followed will bring a change for good in your life. If you want to set a goal in your life and work towards it and achieve it and change your life for the better then listen to this and act a pone the advice and it will bring you the change.
Amit
Its a philosophical book with lots of emphasis on self improvement. There are various universal statements, this book provides, to start your day with.

Not a bad book as its simple and brief. Not for those, who can not get inspired, merely by reading books.
Steve Rangoussis
May 22, 2010 Steve Rangoussis rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone with an inkling of ambition
Where do I begin? Perhaps it can best be encapsulated by saying, if there were truly secrets to success, this work reveals them. Commonsense suggestions that are motivating and empowering. This is a classic.
Torki
If you haven't read this book or listen to it , I recommend you to do it as soon as you can. It will spread out your mind to infinite possibilities! Indeed he deserve to be the "Dean of Personal Development."
Jeff Lenhart
I just found out about this book a few weeks ago and ordered it from a local bookstore! What a great read!! I'll for sure be re-reading this in the future! Great advice in the book and full of knowledge!
Jan Payne
Referred to as the 'Program of Presidents' I have coached this material for over 15 years now!!
Amazing story teller. - tell a story - make a point!
Phillip
This is my 3rd or 4th time to read this. This is another book that complements what the people at VitalSmarts are doing.
Waseem
this was not bad...not poor..but good enoug, other work from author is better

Waseem
Chris Ross
A true classic and I finally understand where Jim Meisenheimer got his idea of starting everyday with a 6-pack!
J.
Sep 01, 2012 J. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I liked this book a lot. Little too much of the "think it and you'll be it" silliness, but good none-the-less.
Shaun
If you want to be a leader and make better use of your time.
Matt Evans
Success is the progressive realization of a worthwhile goal. -- EN.
Mary Wescott
very motivational plus actual tips on better organizing time
Stephen Moore
Awesome! One of the first books I ever read after college.
Claire Smith
Positive, persistent effort leads to greater success... a classic.
Chris Boehner
Excellent overview of simple ideas and habits that lead to success
Douglas
Its ok. But after going to Tony Robbins, it really can't compare.
Ryan
A classic. As good as it gets for understanding success.
Jeff
Phenomenal. One of my all-time faves.
Suzanne
Wonderful book for self motivation!
Teji Love
Awesome ......
High rating? 1 5 May 28, 2009 08:24AM
  • Learning from the Future: Competitive Foresight Scenarios
  • The Art of Exceptional Living
  • Turning Numbers into Knowledge: Mastering the Art of Problem Solving
  • Fail-Safe Investing
  • 3-D Negotiation: Powerful Tools to Change the Game in Your Most Important Deals
  • Marketing Metrics: 50+ Metrics Every Executive Should Master
  • Bankable Business Plans
  • Self-Directed Behavior: Self-Modification for Personal Adjustment
  • Value-Based Fees: How to Charge - and Get - What You're Worth (The Ultimate Consultant Series)
  • Purpose: The Starting Point of Great Companies
  • The Simplicity Survival Handbook: 32 Ways To Do Less And Accomplish More
  • How to Read a Financial Report: Wringing Vital Signs Out of the Numbers
  • Growing Great Employees: Turning Ordinary People into Extraordinary Performers
  • The Unwritten Laws of Business
  • The New Business Road Test: What Entrepeneurs and Executives Should Do Before Writing a Business Plan
  • 45 Effective Ways for Hiring Smart! : How to Predict Winners and Losers in the Incredibly Expensive People-Reading Game
Earl Nightingale was an American motivational speaker and author, known as the "Dean of Personal Development." He was the voice in the early 1950s of Sky King, the hero of a radio adventure series, and was a WGN radio show host from 1950 to 1956. Nightingale was the author of the Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has called “…One of the great motivational books of all time“.
More about Earl Nightingale...
Earl Nightingale's the Strangest Secret How to Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds The Essence of Success: 163 Life Lessons from the Dean of Self-Development Earl Nightingale's Greatest Discovery: Six Words that Changed the Author's Life Can Ensure Success to Anyone Who Uses Them (PMA Book Series) Creative Thinking

“A person who does not read is no better than one cannot read.” 12 likes