Do I Know God?: Finding Certainty in Life's Most Important Relationship

Do I Know God?: Finding Certainty in Life's Most Important Relationship

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  10 reviews
As the grandson of Billy and Ruth Bell Graham, Tullian Tchividjian grew up hearing the Christian faith preached to millions. Yet he struggled to come to faith personally. His first book, Do I Know God? captures the sincerity and intensity of his own spiritual quest, and shows the way for a new generation of seekers.

Combining careful thinking, warm personal story, and an ex...more
Published January 16th 2009 by Multnomah Books (first published August 21st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Do I Know God?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do I Know God?

Nat
Aug 02, 2012 Nat rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: purpose of life seekers, new believers, teenagers
Shelves: religious
Not a complex book by any means, but Tullian gives an above average answer on the assurances of the question to the title of the work.

Do I know God?

I did find it to start off slow, but something kept compelling me to read. By the end of the book I was surprised at some of the emotional responses I had to the later chapters. In short, I began to connect with the author.

In just reading this book, I gather that he doesn't wear his ancestry on his sleeve, but rather he sets out to live up to them.

W...more
Mac Mcconnell
Whether you are listen to Tullian from his pulpit or casual conversation or off the pages of his book, you get the sense there is much more than meets the eye. Of course there are the Billy Graham genes floating around but there is no sense of dogma or ego. Do I know God may challenge, should challenge the reader to face that very question for the first time, or more importantly for the last time.
Chee Keong
Do I Know God or Know about God?
Spiritual Growth book. Must read!
Charlesia
If you do have a relationship with God, he wants you to know it. And if you don't have a relationship with God, he wants you to know it. God does not want you to think you have a relationship with him if you don't. And he doesn't want you to think you do not have a relationship with him if you do.

Of course we can't know everything about God but what we must konw, we can know.

In nature we learn that we are creatures who depend on a Creator.

Journeys end in lovers meeting - Shakespeare

Christianity...more
Kim♥
Feb 28, 2008 Kim♥ marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Heard about this on Family Life Today:
Despite being raised in a loving Christian home and being the grandson of Billy and Ruth Graham, Tullian Tchividjian rejected his family and his faith at the age of 16. Hear about the life he lived apart from God and the depths to which he had to fall before God lovingly got his attention.
Frode
TT writes clearly and to the point. There is no waffling. His comments about being part of Christ's body, the church, are very good. He also makes a great point about the difference between a relationship with God and having fellowship with God.
Jane Hwang
Great easy read... Would recommend to Christians who are struggling with prayer, Bible reading, and fellowship.
Paul Grossman
Great book, it is a must read for everyone uncertain in their relationship or fellowship with God!
Cameron Morgan
This was a great book to go through. So many insights in knowing God. I highly recommend it!
Dollie Steele
Written by Billy Graham's grandson. Spiritual growth.
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Beth Ingram
Beth Ingram marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Cindee
Cindee marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Jared Gillespie
Jared Gillespie is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2014
Bryon Harris
Bryon Harris marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
David Addiss
David Addiss marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Toño Muñoz
Toño Muñoz marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Paulin
Paulin marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Henry Alvarado
Henry Alvarado marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Tchividjian is the grandchild of Reverend Billy Graham & Ruth Bell Graham & the son of Gigi Graham Tchividjian.

William Graham Tullian Tchividjian (pronounced cha-vi-jin) is the Senior Pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. A Florida native, he is a visiting professor of theology at Reformed Theological Seminary and a grandson of Billy and Ruth Graham. Tullian...more
More about Tullian Tchividjian...
Jesus + Nothing = Everything Glorious Ruin: How Suffering Sets You Free One Way Love:  Inexhaustible Grace for an Exhausted World Surprised By Grace: God's Relentless Pursuit Of Rebels Unfashionable: Making a Difference in the World by Being Different