Start by marking “The Magdalene Legacy: The Jesus and Mary Bloodline Conspiracy – Revelations Beyond The Da Vinci Code” as Want to Read:

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  191 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The Jesus and Mary Bloodline Conspiracy - Revelations Beyond The Da Vinci Code From the bestselling author of Bloodline of the Holy Grail comes an explosive historical detective story. Essential reading for all fans of Dan Brown's novels, Gardner presents secret archives on the true identity of Mary Magdalene, the hidden lineage of Jesus and Mary, and the 2,000-year-old co ...more
Published 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Magdalene Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magdalene Legacy

Kate
Jul 24, 2008 Kate rated it really liked it
This book is fantastic. The novel focuses on Mary Magdalene and the theories surrounding her role in Jesus' life. This puts Jesus' life into context, explaining the miracles and society in which he lived. The only downside is that this is a factual/theoretical book not fiction, which makes it pretty hard going at times. You can't read huge sections without getting confused, for example, 'he was X of X, son of X, from the X family, meaning that X was X of X....' However, this really opened my eye ...more
Bill Shuey
In manner of full disclosure I only read this book for the purpose of obtaining some background information for analysis and possible inclusion in a book that I am working on.

The first half of the book, which I read, is very interesting. There is a great deal of historical information in the first half of the book which I found illuminating and interesting.

The second half which I only skimmed through concerned itself with possible descendants and families of the supposed union of Jesus and Mary
Kerry
Sep 13, 2012 Kerry rated it it was amazing
Very interesting read. Much more accessible than the voluminous "Holy Blood and the Holy Grail". Well researched and argued and based very strongly on the research of barbara Schering and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Really enjoyed it!
Hanna
Elaine
Another opinion. However, very interesting, but belief depends upon the reader.
Tessa
Apr 11, 2008 Tessa rated it did not like it
This book is the perfect example of bad history. It started off well, and I was really intriged at first, but the rest is so contrived it makes me want to blow chunks. Asserting that Mary Magdalene MUST have written a particular gospel JUST BECAUSE she names herself last in a group of people (to be polite) is so flimsy and culturally driven that no decent historian would buy that as evidence. I'm one who actually believes there's something to the whole "Blood Line" idea, but this book is just cr ...more
Walt
Sep 29, 2012 Walt rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion
Very detailed (and highly circumstantial) evidence that Jesus may have been married to Mary Magdalene. The best part of this book is the history of how the books of the New Testament were included/excluded over the first 4-5 centuries. (Assuming the author has his history correct.)
Alise
Oct 07, 2012 Alise rated it really liked it
So many footnotes. Gardner has really done his homework. Many arguments about Jesus' heritage, his being of rabbinical descent for example, are quite compelling. If nothing else, it will make you think and pay attention.
Susie
Sep 13, 2015 Susie rated it liked it
had to leave the book behind with it's owner in France. will pick it up again when I get back home.
facinating book if are interested in church history pollitics and the women's legacy of Jesus.
Roberta Genovese
Feb 01, 2010 Roberta Genovese rated it did not like it
It was too much! I'm a devout believer, though that doesn't mean I don't read controversial books but this one went too far. I stopped because it seemed too far-fetched to me.
Mia
Sep 21, 2012 Mia rated it really liked it
A great read if you like conspiracy and mystery. The secrets behind Mary Magdalene are unravelled in this book by Laurence Gardner. I highly recommend it.
Mike
Apr 28, 2008 Mike rated it really liked it
another way to look at the davinci code. new theories that i never thought of before.
Rona
Apr 18, 2010 Rona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting take on the Bloodline conspiracy...
Emilia
Jan 26, 2012 Emilia rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
the best book i have read
Sandy
Oct 30, 2009 Sandy rated it it was ok
The truth behind the mystery of Mary Magdalene.
SHAKTI
Jun 11, 2010 SHAKTI rated it liked it
DARING NESS
Kai
Nov 20, 2009 Kai added it
...
LennaVN
LennaVN marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Maureen Medd
Maureen Medd marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Tiia
Tiia is currently reading it
May 09, 2016
Howard
Howard added it
May 04, 2016
Audrey Cienki
Audrey Cienki rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Lauren Fryman
Lauren Fryman marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Murugami
Murugami is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2016
Huong Nguyen
Huong Nguyen marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
  • The Message of the Sphinx: A Quest for the Hidden Legacy of Mankind
  • Who Built the Moon?
  • The Elixir & the Stone: The Tradition of Magic & Alchemy
  • Secrets of Mary Magdalene: The Untold Story of History's Most Misunderstood Woman
  • Talisman: Sacred Cities, Secret Faith
  • Mary Magdalene, Bride in Exile
  • Gnostic Gospels: Including the Gospel of Thomas - The Gospel of Mary Magdalene
  • Le Mystère des Cathédrales
  • Dungeon, Fire and Sword: The Knights Templar in the Crusades
  • Dead Sea Scrolls Uncovered
  • Mountain of the Dead: The Dyatlov Pass Incident
  • Joan of Arc: By Herself and Her Witnesses
  • The Hooked X: Key to the Secret History of North America
  • The Map
Laurence Gardner was a prominent author and speaker in the alternative history genre of research and writing.
--from the author's website
More about Laurence Gardner...