Start by marking “Deja Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #4)” as Want to Read:
Deja Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #4)

Deja Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom #4)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  1,877 Ratings  ·  139 Reviews

It's easy to feel like hell when your life's overrun by teenagers, toddlers, and terror. Just ask housewife and demon hunter Kate Conner.

When the High Demon Goramesh returns to San Diablo with a full-blown army of the undead, it's up to Kate to save the world. Good thing she can multi-task.

Published July 1st 2008 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Deja Demon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deja Demon

Marianne
May 25, 2008 Marianne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marianne by: Heather the demon lover :)
Xyra
Apr 05, 2012 Xyra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Xyra by: Lida
This was great! My previous complaints about Kate's character were wiped away as she finally confronted a lot of issues in this installment.

Given that this is an election year in the U.S. I was really thinking about how it used to be; when reporters would sneak around and try to catch politicians or their family in incriminating positions. When you consider Kate is sneaking out nights to patrol San Diablo with David a whole host of opportunities were there to destroy Stuart's political ambitions
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Finally! Everything is out of the bag and Kate isn't hiding anything from Stuart! I know her demon hunting life is suppose to be a secret but how can it be when you're a married woman. Especially when your first husband has come back to life in another man's body.
With all that out in the open, I'm not surprised what I found out about David/Eric at the end.
Marsha
May 21, 2014 Marsha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever since I began reading the very first book in the Adventures of a Demon Hunting Soccer Mom I've had a difficult time getting a good feel for Kate's husband, Stuart. Yes, on one hand he truly seems to love her but then again he always seems to take her for granted by imposing his political social events/ aspirations on her at the last minute and without her permission. However, the ending of book four, "Deja Demon" finally gives me insight into what kind of man he truly is.

Once again Kate is
Lori Whitwam
Jul 25, 2008 Lori Whitwam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, paranormal
Ann (Noumena12)
Jul 11, 2008 Ann (Noumena12) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: traveling
Who knew living in the suburbs could be so interesting? Julie Kenner’s soccer mom and demon hunter Kate Connor has got a problem…well, several problems actually. Between demons and zombies trying to kill her, her husband Stuart’s political campaign, the neighborhood Easter egg hunt, and her deceased husband returning from the dead, Kate has her hands full. With the help of her teenage daughter Allie, friend Laura, David/Eric, and Eddie, she just might pull it all together. But can she do so with ...more
Amanda
Elizabeth
I started reading this series nearly a decade ago, and I loved it. Then I took a long (long, looooong) break between books 3 and 4, and when I came back to the series, I found it had lost its appeal. It was still fun and engaging, the heroine as feisty as I remembered… But this time around it all seemed too fluffy and farfetched, and I found myself craving a little bit more reality. The irony is that back when I loved this series, I was a newlywed in college. Now, I’m a work-at-home mom - much c ...more
Ellyn
Jul 04, 2008 Ellyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a cumulative 5 star rating for one of the most satisfying paranormal series I've read. As a huge fan of Joss Whedon's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," this series is the closest thing I've come across to matching the excitement of that series. While it doesn't have the humor of BTVS, it comes up with a credible "what-if" scenario--what if Buffy reached middle-age complete with a husband, two kids, and a home in the suburbs? What would happen if the demons she fought in her youth came back and ...more
Nyssa
Aug 15, 2009 Nyssa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good fantasy/sci-fi series.
M.
May 18, 2010 M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 4 in the series, The Days and Nights of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom. Once again a demon is alive and well in the small city of San Diablo and Kate is pressed into resuming her former (Vatican trained and sanctioned) career as a professional demon hunter. This time the demon seems to be after Kate herself. Once again Kate saves the day with the help of the local high school chemistry teacher (very good at getting rid of the bodies of zombies) and with the advice of her local priest, h ...more
Bill VanderGiesen
It seems like a lot of authors have trouble as they move past that first trilogy of books in a series. That's not to say that this particular work is horrible, in fact the additional character development and the movement of some of the characters into more difficult and darker emotional waters bodes well for the continued development of the series. The lies of a second life blow up for Kate, at least temporarily, and I think that may be the problem I have, is that it is very temporary. Leaving ...more
Sherri Hunter
Another fantastic installment of the Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom! I am loving this series. Kate Connor is the type of character that amazes me on all levels. Managing home, hearth and family is a tough job on its own for some people, but throw in some serious demon ass kicking and you would need a miracle.

Julie Kenner's imagination to bring this story to life is proof of her immense talent. Each story in this series is better than the last and makes me want more. I'm on the edge of my seat with won
Kathy
Sep 29, 2008 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up at the library somewhat by whim. I like the series but I'm not in love with it so I don't breathlessly wait for the next book to come out.

Deja Demon finds Kate facing the return of two demons from her past who are out for revenge. She also has her daughter jonesing to become a Demon Hunter, her first husband returned from the grave and wanting his family back and, because her new life is in suburbia, she has to put together the neighborhood Easter egg hunt.

Oh, and she's still tr
Emily
Aug 29, 2010 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This fourth installment in the Kate Connor series is back in fighting form after the stagnant lull of the last book. More action, more character development, some forward plot movement. Still a few leaps of logic that required a bit of suspension of disbelief and still a bit repetitive and cliche at times, but on the whole better and stronger than the last.

The odd love triangle is causing not surprising tensions and conundrums that are making the story more interesting. Allie's involvement as a
Christine Lowe
Mar 08, 2015 Christine Lowe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deja Demons --- Another Good Book

When I started reading Julie Kenner's Demon Hunting Soccer Mom books I wondered if she would run out of good material or if I would grow bored with the series. Deja Demons is book number four and I'm already looking forward to reading book number five.

I feel like I'm reunited with people I know and like each time I start a new book. Ms Kenner writes about her characters in such a way that I forget they're not real. Her plots are interesting and always serve up
pianogal
Jan 20, 2009 pianogal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Kim Parkinson
May 27, 2009 Kim Parkinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. I'm loving that Kate is so motivated. I read these books, read how much Kate does in a day and I feel even more motivated to get up and kick my own demon butt - that is in the form of laundry, dishes and toilet scrubbing. But this was definitely a good mix of her past, her present and it even shows what may come in the future. I'm looking forward to the next in the series. Julie Kenner is definitely on my Fabulous Author List.
Havilah
Jul 14, 2008 Havilah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth in a fun little series about a soccer mom/demon hunter. Mindless entertainment, but fun entertainment for sure. The only disappointment is to find that the end has been left WIDE open for another book. (Which is really okay in the long run, but for now I'm going to have to wait a long, long time for the next one to come out as this one just came out 11 days ago (Get on the ball Julie Kenner!!))
Karen
Oct 13, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate's life is even more complicated than before. And in this book her husband finally finds out about her secret life. I've never really thought much about Stewart. He has seemed very flat and I haven't really understood why Kate loves him so much. But at the end of this book the final scene gives some indication that perhaps Stewart isn't so flat after all and maybe he'll end up surprising me in the next book!
Brinda
Jan 16, 2012 Brinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been enjoying this series about a retired demon-hunter who ends up back in the game even though she has a teenager and a toddler now. This one is my favorite so far. There isn't as much of the every-day mom stuff, which tended to drag down some of the other books. Lots of action and twists in this one that made me want to keep going to find out what happened next. Some of the twists I figured out ahead of time, but it was still enjoyable.
WiLoveBooks
Feb 26, 2012 WiLoveBooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012, audio
Mickie
Feb 13, 2009 Mickie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I got this from the Library as an audio CD. I've been reading this on my commute to and from work. I would've thought this book would be up my alley. I don't know if it is the reader or the book itself, but it seems so exagerated. Too wordy. Too many cliche type sentences. It is like the author is trying too hard to make the book longer. I'm still listening to it and can't wait until it's over.

Update: I stopped listening to it. I just got disgusted with the book itself.
Alan
Dec 17, 2014 Alan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deja Demon introduces some creepy zombies who make life difficult for Kate, the demon-hunting soccer mom, even after she's chopped them into pieces. Again the book contains a complete story which is entertaining but it is the long story arc that moves along significantly and provides a good backdrop for everything that happens. It's also nice to see each book slowly adding members to Kate's demon-fighting team.
Lavendersbluegreen
This is the fourth Demon-hunting Soccer Mom story. Do you like demon, vampire, ghoul type stories? Did you like Buffy?
This is a series along those lines. Kate's a housewife / hunter with a teenager and a toddler. Can you say ARGH!? Not to mention her hubby's political campaign, oh... and **spoiler alert here** her dead husband is back... along with an old enemy....
Stephanie
Another fun entry in Demon-Hunter series. I am not sure I understand the two husbands thing and I hope this is resolved in a more satisfactory manner in the next book. I am happy that her job with Forza is no longer a secret and I look forward to seeing how this impacts her "normal" life at home with Stuart.
Laurel Horner
Feb 04, 2014 Laurel Horner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't believe Stuart actually left Kate and took their son, not sure I could get over that. Hope he now understands that what she does she is passionate about and he needs to get on board or step in the deep end and swim. Totally missing the soccer mom reference neither of her children have gone to a practice or a soccer game in any of these books!
Jenny
Nov 06, 2011 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This is the 4th book in the Kate Conner series which continues the battle of good against evil (including zombies this time) around Easter time in San Diablo, CA. I especially enjoy how Kate is constantly juggling the life of a Suburban Mom and a Level 5 Demon Hunter. This is a fun read with hilarious moments and does not get too graphic.
Sue
Jan 26, 2012 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't hate this book, but I didn't love it either. This installment in the series is filled with a bunch of whining on the part of the main character. There is no real plot movement until the last three chapters. As a matter of fact, I think I could have read the last three chapters and been just fine with that because they were really good. I'm not sure if I will finish out the series.
Cyn
Jan 29, 2011 Cyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
  • Every Demon Has His Day (Demon, #1)
  • Confessions of a Werewolf Supermodel
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • Dead Man Talking (Pepper Martin, #5)
  • Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #3)
  • Fish Out of Water (Fred the Mermaid, #3)
  • Romancing the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #3)
  • The Road to Hell (Hell on Earth, #2)
  • A Match Made in Hell (Nicki Styx, #2)
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • Sorcery and the Single Girl (Jane Madison, #2)
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and International bestselling author of over seventy novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.

Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New York Tim
More about Julie Kenner...

Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom (7 books)
  • Carpe Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #1)
  • California Demon (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #2)
  • Demons Are Forever (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #3)
  • Demon Ex Machina (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #5)
  • Pax Demonica (Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom, #6)
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives