Start by marking “The Bird, the Monkey, and the Snake in the Jungle (Sunburst Books)” as Want to Read:
The Bird, the Monkey, and the Snake in the Jungle (Sunburst Books)

The Bird, the Monkey, and the Snake in the Jungle (Sunburst Books)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  4 reviews
This is a story in words and pictures about a bird, a monkey, and a snake who have an adventure together. Along the way they meet a family of squirrels, a hungry alligator, an enormous spider, a fierce tiger, and a friendly frog--and they find a new home.
Published August 11th 2003 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published March 18th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Bird, the Monkey, and the Snake in the Jungle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bird, the Monkey, and the Snake in the Jungle

Reading with pictures instead of words kind of throws me off, but I think I can make this work for jungle stories at my outreach program tomorrow.
Olivia Bailey
I loved this book. It could be a mentor book while writing. Students could write a story that includes pictures like the book. Along with the story, they will have key for what the pictures represents. I like the contrast in writing. Students can relate to using the pictures to tell a story.

Students can learn about the habitats of animals. This would be good into to a science lesson. Students could research and draw about the habitats of animals.
Misty
This pictures and words weave together to create the story about 4 creatures attempt's to find a new home in the woods. Both kids (ages 2 and 5) were able to actively participate in 'reading' the story through the repeating pictographs. Great approach to a kids book.
8feetahead
Kamlesh Agnihotri
Kamlesh Agnihotri marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Brett
Brett added it
Sep 17, 2014
Holly
Holly added it
Aug 09, 2013
Suzie
Suzie is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Branch Creek Academy
Branch Creek Academy marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
Chloe
Chloe added it
Jul 09, 2011
Kate Banks has written many books for children, among them Max’s Words, And If the Moon Could Talk, winner of the Boston Globe–Horn Book Award, and The Night Worker, winner of the Charlotte Zolotow Award. She grew up in Maine, where she and her two sisters and brother spent a lot of time outdoors, and where Banks developed an early love of reading. “I especially liked picture books,” she says, “an ...more
More about Kate Banks...