Start by marking “The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies (Weenies, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies (Weenies, #4)

The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies (Weenies #4)

A girl doesn't have a date for the school dance—until her dad makes one for her in his lab. "Lily—meet Stitchy." A family enjoys a nice Thanksgiving dinner—until they are interrupted by a torrent of turkeys out for revenge. A princess meets a pea-brained suitor. And the battle of two red hot pepper weenies ends in flames.

Critically-acclaimed author and master of the macabr
Published March 3rd 2009 by Starscape

To ask other readers questions about The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies

Austin Golter
Apr 07, 2015 Austin Golter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Think about a battle between two kids in school challenging each other who can eat the hottest pepper. This book by David Lubar is a collection of hilarious and entertaining short stories. The short stories range from a doll going to a dance to a student who gets bullied and explodes. My favorite story was a boy wrote to his favorite author but the author just keeps taking the boy's ideas. I wanted to read this book because I knew it was funny from reading the description on the back. This book ...more
Trent Spieker
Aug 16, 2012 Trent Spieker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i recommend this book to anyone who is into twisted stories. This book has a different goofy, funny, twisted, and loony stories every chapter. One of my favorite chapters was when two kids went to an amusement park and stole a meatball sandwich. Then, on one of the rides, the kid that stole it got spun around so much that he turned into a meatballs and that what they used on the sandwich. This book is very goofy and i would read more of them.
Jock Zollinger
This book includes weird, creepy, and scary short stories. I would recommend this book to those who like scary stories. I would rate this a 4 because most of the stories had unexpected endings.
Brenna
Apr 14, 2011 Brenna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In David Lubar's book The Battle of the Hot Pepper Weenies, he had written a bunch of short stories about pepper battles, giant turkeys, vegetarians, and of course...weenies! David Lubar is a book writer, video game designer, and a short story writer. David Lubar loves to write fun books or short stories about fun and random things, he likes to have a fun time writing the book instead of being boring, he wants children to love and want to read his books!
There is a short story inside of The Bat
Mason S
In the book everybody has a date to the dance with her. Until her dad made her a robotic date and she thought he was not good enough for her but it was better than nothing. So when they were at the dance and he stared to fall apart she went and said no so she wanted to leave but when they left band I was cold outside he gave her a his jacket when she was cold. So if you like funny and weird books this is the perfect book for you.
Garrett Brown
Oct 31, 2014 Garrett Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies is a book will many short stories in it. Almost all of them end with a twist and they're all pretty funny. They range from bees that never die and green insects that make you smarter, all the way to giant turkeys and a Frankenstein boyfriend. Overall this was a enjoyable book to read, but some of the stories/twists are similar.
Daniel M.
Oct 14, 2010 Daniel M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about some kids batteling to see ho has the hottest pepers until they find out that there is a pepper that
Nathaniel Urban
Oct 30, 2014 Nathaniel Urban rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it was 10/10.
Christopher Litsinger
To be fair, River said she liked this book.
I did not.
Howardh014
Sep 28, 2011 Howardh014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1st-trimester
This girl doesn't have a date for her school dance. But when her father decides to make a robot for her to go with to the dance. The robots name is Stitchy. When they got to the school dance boys made fun of him put when one really got him mad they got in a huge fight. The fight was so huge the girl, robot, and the boy who was making fun of him got kicked out. When the girls family is eating a nice Thanksgiving dinner a torrent of turkeys are out for revenge for those red hot pepper weenies. The ...more
Thomas Quinn
Oct 06, 2009 Thomas Quinn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I heard about this book from my good friend Rob. I thought this book was going to be good because I read the first book The Curse Of The Campfire Weenies. Was a whole bunch of short stories that were either funny or scary or mysterious. So this book was extremley good it wasnt just one type of book the book was whole bunch of different types of books and thats why i love short stories books. They are so interesting. One of the short stories was a kid who borrowed a umbrella from an old lady. The ...more
Tyler Wages
Sep 12, 2013 Tyler Wages rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book by David lubar is the battle of the hot pepper weenies . It is a very good book because the setting is told by the describe words. The two main charter are Len and Dylan which are the main chaters that were haveing the war . When they were doing all of this it was at school . At the end of the battle they were eating cream cheese and white bread . Right before the end there noses were running .
It was a great book because in the story David lubar tells many details about the story . H
Colin V.B
Nov 28, 2010 Colin V.B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I saw The Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies on the shelf at the book fair last year I thought, "What is this? This books has to be one of the weirdest books ever!" I was right about that, but it was weird in a good way. This book is a collection of humurous, mysterious, and creepy short stories that mixes comic and creepy. Some of these tales consist of: a girl who doesn't have a date to a prom, so the dad made a kid named Stitchy. A family of Veagans gets eaten by giant mutant turkeys o ...more
Brenna McEvitt
My fourth grade students loved this book. I thought it was definitely strange and sometimes disturbing. Each short story has a fantasy element that drives the story. For example, a boy who wants to sneak into a movie that is much too scary and gory for his age level finds himself inside a movie theater where he chooses an avatar and feels the pain of that character in the movie. In the end, the character dies and so does the boy who snuck into the movie. I do appreciate that each story has a mor ...more
Ian
Mar 22, 2011 Ian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was filled with exciting and absolutely gratafiying short stories. The author was very clever in his exciting humor and chest thumping humor. I would recommend this book to anyone that is looking for a great book to fill their spirits, and wanting somthing that they can keep turning the page to. The many short stories are of all waky thinking that you might think that a toddler will have. When you are reading this, you never know what to expect from this author that is truly remarkable ...more
Michelle
Jan 08, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-lit
Disclaimer: I am not a big fan of short stories. My experience is that the typical short story is an idea for a novel that just didn't pan out for the author. Having said that, I can say this was a superb collection of twisted, bizarre, scary and moralistic tales. This book was recommended by a student--an avid reader, who said, "I can't tell you what it's about; it's just weird. You have to read it." So I did. In one sitting. As each story concluded, I could hardly wait to dive into the next--j ...more
Robert O'shaughnessy
I learned a lot from this book. It was really amazing. David Lubar has a talent mixed with a sense of humor almost attached to some scary things. Its a perfect combination. I learned that if you write about something you like it will turn out better. I would also like to complement Lubars usage of fictional creepy tales mixed with short storie ability to make a full book. One story that stood out to me was the one about a boy whos hand is slighty growing each day and it gets huge but when he cal ...more
Jay
Sep 16, 2010 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the creepy tales in this book. I don't read short story collections too often, at least recently, and it was a nice change. I really liked that the author included quick sketches of where he got the idea for each story.

I handed this book to my youngest son as soon as I finished it. My older boy borrowed it from him immediately and, an hour later (when he was halfway through it), told me that he thought it might be too scary for his brother. "If it's too scary," I said, "He can quit rea
Allison
Lubar, David Battle of the Red Hot Pepper Weenies 192pgs. Starscape Language~PG, Sexual Content~PG; Violence~PG-13

In his fourth ‘weenie’ book, Lubar has again come up with bizarre, humorous, and sometimes scary & disturbing short stories for teens. A girl need a date for the school dance, so her father creates one named ‘Stitchy.’ A carnival ride brings to mind a whole other reason for screams and much more! You may want to read this one with the lights on. A sure laugh-out- loud thrilling
Oliver
Sep 11, 2014 Oliver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
C-c-c-r-r-re-e-e-p-p-p-y-y-y-!! This book is a book with tons of little 2-6 page creepy stories. One, the battle of the red hot pepper weenies is about two kids that have a battle of who could eat the hottest hot peppers. The other kids could feel the spice across the room. One day they brought some of the hottest peppers in the world. The kids had burn smears on their shirts when they wiped their eyes, the peppers were so hot. When the two hot pepper weenies were eating their last peppers, they ...more
Tippy Jackson
Jan 23, 2011 Tippy Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, short-story, 2011
Really imaginative. A huge range of ideas. How the author could pack so much story and punch into each couple of pages is amazing to me. And yes, I am writing about a book with the word "Weenies" in the title. The sub-title is probably a better indicator of what you'll find in this book-"warped and creepy tales." That's what it is. A really light read, easy to pick up for a minute of two for a moment of fun.
JumpStreet69
I thought this book was ok. There was a bunch of gruesome stories in this one. The last story was of a kid that was screwing round with hornets and his dad sprayed the nest. When he opened his window a hornet was left alive. He hit it with a math book and it came back to life. Then all of the hornets were tapping against the window and the window broke and he didn't make it to the door. I would suggest this to anyone.
Michael 11-12
Oct 21, 2011 Michael 11-12 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I liked this book because of the weenies and how they look so funny.David lubar was really clever in doing weenies I hope to raed the next ones because I like these books there really fascinating and I just think its reall really funny.Im curios what the next book is going to be like because I never found the other ones.Most of all it was great!Also I forgot to tell you guys that David Lubar is a video game designer how awesome is that!
Kyle Chiger
Mar 25, 2014 Kyle Chiger marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book a three because I like the humor and it had a new story every chapter, and there were a lot of chapters. There was one chapter about a boy getting stuck in a store and manikins attacking him. Then in another chapter these kids are playing king of the hill when all of a sudden the hill turns into a head and eats them.
Eric W
Nov 01, 2010 Eric W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-adventure
I gave this book a three because I like action/adventure and it had a new story every chapter, and there were a lot of chapters. There was one chapter about a boy getting stuck in a store and manikins attacking him. Then in another chapter these kids are playing king of the hill when all of a sudden the hill turns into a head and eats them.
Cheyenne
Jul 05, 2012 Cheyenne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a cool but weird because its just a whole bunch of different stories. Sometimes it leaves me hanging and I don't like that.Sometimes it can really be hard to follow.There's just no way I can describe it really.Its like it says on the cover all the stories in it are warped.Its really confusing and not my type of book.
Leon_murderz
This was an okay read. It is written for a very young audience, but it still has interesting stories. This is supposed to be a book with many creepy and weird short stories, but they end up being comedic. Even though that is not Lubar's intention, it makes a funny, easy read. Readers will be emerged in a world full of hot peppers, mannequins that turn alive, and human-meat sausages.
Tanja
A collection of at times funny, often weird, and as the book progresses, scarier getting stories. Unfortunately, I lost my momentum a bit somewhere along the line - and actually didn't read the last few stories. Really liked it in the beginning but as it got darker and darker, I missed some of the fun stuff that had made me laugh out loud in some of the earlier stories.
Jane
Jun 15, 2010 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-school
As we were settling in for SSR a few weeks ago, a 9th grade boy yelled out, "READING IS FOR WEENIES."
"Glad you think so," I said. Then I handed him this book. He loved it. Lubar's short stories are perfect for boys. I've read some of the stories aloud to my 7th grade class and the girls there liked them too.
Jared
Oct 20, 2010 Jared rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I think of this story is the short stories are really funny and creepy. If anyone gets this book they should read it A.S.A.P.. It is one of the best books I've ever read. One of the reasons I think it's such a good book is because all the short stories are unique in their own way because they are all a different subject.
How it is so weird 2 9 Sep 30, 2011 05:39AM
  • Tripping Over the Lunch Lady: And Other School Stories
  • Watchdog and the Coyotes
  • Return of the Home Run Kid
  • Wicked Velociraptors of West Virginia (American Chillers, #23)
  • Even More Short & Shivery: Forty Five Spine Tingling Tales
  • Is That A Dead Dog In Your Locker?
  • The Day My Butt Went Psycho
  • The One Where the Kid Nearly Jumps to His Death and Lands in California
  • Rust: The Boy Soldier
  • Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1)
  • Funny Business
  • Magic Pickle Vs. The Egg Poacher
  • Sugar, Gummi and Lollipop (The Puppy Place #40)
  • We Can't All Be Rattlesnakes
  • Michael Moore Is a Big Fat Stupid White Man
  • Journal of a Schoolyard Bully: Notes on Noogies, Wet Willies, and Wedgies
  • Scooby Doo and the Weird Water Park
  • How to Win a Fight with a Conservative
20936
David Lubar created a sensation with his debut novel, Hidden Talents, an ALA Best Book for Young Adults. Thousands of kids and educators across the country have voted Hidden Talents onto over twenty state lists. David is also the author of True Talents, the sequel to Hidden Talents; Flip, an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and a VOYA Best Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror selection; several short ...more
More about David Lubar...

Weenies (8 books)
  • In the Land of the Lawn Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series, #1)
  • Invasion of the Road Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series, #2)
  • The Curse of the Campfire Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series #3)
  • Attack of the Vampire Weenies (Weenies, #5)
  • Beware the Ninja Weenies (Weenies, #6)
  • Wipeout of the Wireless Weenies: And Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series, #7)
  • Strikeout of the Bleacher Weenies: And Other Warped and Creepy Tales