Start by marking “Seers of Light (Light, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seers of Light (Light, #1)

Seers of Light (Light #1)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  757 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
"...nothing shy of magical." -- Confessions of a Bookaholic

"A paranormal adventure to remember." -- Night Owl Reviews

"...powerful...emotional...a deeper resonance beyond a mere paranormal novel." -- Bitten By Books

"Enchanting...utterly refreshing." -- A Bibliophile's Journal

"The writing flows off the page, the characters are more than memorable and the story utterly unique
Published (first published February 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Seers of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seers of Light

May 18, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jennifer by: Jennifer DeLucy
WOW, does not begin to cover my feelings for this book - about this book.

I picked it up, not 100% sure what I was getting myself into...but WOW, it belew me away...I was not prepared for the journey I took, for the story that unfolded before me.

It's an amazing tale, with beautifully written text. Never before have I read a book with as much dialogue, and I thought at first I might not like it, but I could not have been further from the truth...

It's amazing the way that Jennifer DeLucy was able
Jessica
Jan 26, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, read-in-2011
Review posted at Confessions of a Bookaholic http://totalbookaholic.blogspot.com/

Wow! This book was so much more than I expected. I didn't think it would be bad, of course, but I never expected the connection between two characters to be sizzling off the pages. Seers of Light is about a young woman, Lillian, who has always struggled with her sense of reality. Things that seem impossible keep coming to her through dreams and visions. She wonders what could be wrong with her and why this is happen
Danny
Jun 18, 2010 Danny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-2010
I'm very much surprised by this book since it takes new and different approach into the paranormal world. Lately, most of vampire stories tell that most of them are not truly evil. Here however, vampires are bad - they have no soul. And there is a group of gifted people who are fighting against those vampires and ghosts! Actually ghosts play even a bigger role in this story.

It took me some time to get into the story in the beginning and I was a bit confused that Lilly all over sudden leaves eve
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
For full review, see the Bitten By Books Website:

Sophia (FV)
RATING 3.5 STARS

Lillian Hunt works at her grandparents store in a small Pennsylvania town, and tries to live an ordinary life. She was raised by her grandparents after her mother left and her father died when she was very young. She’s always felt she was different from other people, never quite fitting in as she should. When her unusual dreams start becoming unnervingly real, and she begins to see people who aren’t really there, she begins to question her own sanity.

During a walk in the forest
~Tina~
Jun 02, 2010 ~Tina~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lillian Hunt always suspected that she might be different, living in a small town in Pennsylvania, working at her grandparents store, she tried to live the life she always has, but the dreams are to real, these feeling's that something isn't right are to real.
Little did Lillian know that her whole life is about to change and soon enough she finally finds out who's she's always been, and what she's made to do....

Seers of Light is a wonderful book and I was blown away by it's paranormal concept. J
Laura Kreitzer
Oct 22, 2010 Laura Kreitzer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-book
This is my favorite book I've read ALL YEAR! IMHO, Seers of Light even beat out Mockingjay. I know it's a shocker! Hmm . . . what can I say about this book without giving away the juicy details you should be reading yourself?

Jennifer has created several characters that just came to life on the pages. It was an amazing thing to see, and I must admit there isn't one person in the entire book that didn't make some sort of impression on me. My soul has been changed by this masterpiece. The dialog w
Traci
Mar 10, 2010 Traci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Team William! Heh.

I adored this book, and plan to reccommend it to everyone I know.

Part romance, epic of course, part treatise to life your life fully, she creates an amazing blend of the supernatural and reality. The characters are so real, I honestly miss them now that I am finished! I love that they are engaged in a spiritual world doing very out of the ordinary things and yet they are incredibly down to earth. Reading Lily's story, I felt like, Hey I could do that! (but maybe that's just me
Ioanna
Jan 06, 2011 Ioanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My review in the short version:2 stars...one for the cover which is one of the most beautiful i have seen and one for William..

Long version...:)

At first i loved the story..for some tens of pages i was so hooked on the story that i couldn't read fast enough..then she meets Christian...and the downfall of my interest starts page by page..Ok i know it is fiction but she just goes with this stranger and forgets about her grandparents and job and friend and all the sudden she remembers them and oh sh
~Megan~
Leanne Bell
I am officially very behind on my reviewing and so am taking one of my days off work to catch up with it. I actually finished this book some days ago now but i'm glad i waited to write the review as i've been so busy and tired id have probably never have done it justice.
To be brief, this book is utterly amazing and Jennifer Delucy is truly a genius (and i'm not just saying that because i have her listed as a friend on here!)

In summary, Seers of Light is about a young woman named Lillian Hunt,
Lisa Langdale
May 25, 2010 Lisa Langdale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spoiler Free :)
Before I talk about the book, I have to give Jennifer major props for one of the best "pre sex" scenes I've ever read! Woa! I don't want to give away spoilers, but what "that man" can do - without touching a woman (excuse me while I catch my breath) is out of this world! *fans self so I don't pass out*

This is such a beautiful, deep, and touching book! I read it on a flight from CA to KY - and from KY back to CA, then when we landed in CA, I parked myself on a chair in the airport
Missie
Mar 01, 2010 Missie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
To be honest, this book took me completely by surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did! Once I started the story, I couldn't put it down, even to attend my cousin's wedding. I was reading during the ceremony!!!

In Seers of Light, Ms. DeLucy illustrates a world that is ours, yet so different from anything we know. She awakens us to accept a world of new possibilities with dynamic characters that will leave their mark on you and leave you wanting to know more!
Cassandra
Jul 14, 2012 Cassandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Seers of Light. This was another book that I did not want to put down mostly because of the characters. Jennifer made Lily, William and Christian so loveable even though I didn’t fully trust William. I thought there was something fishy about him but I still loved him. The series reminded me of the TV series Supernatural and if you guys know me I LOVE Supernatural so Jennifer got brownie points for that.
The book is fast pace and has lots of action and romance. I wouldn’t sugg
Eric
Apr 12, 2010 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know if I wanted to do a legit review of this book. Afterall, I'm friends with the author and I don't want her sending certain Combatants after me, lol.

Actually, I can feel comfortable with doing a review because it is a very good story. Lillian Hunt was living an ordinary life in an ordinary Pennsylvania town. Yet, she feels different than the others. A fateful walk in the forest proves this. She is taken by a gentleman, Christian, who is part of secret organization who watches over s
Jessica
May 26, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My head is still reeling from re-reading this book (yes I said re-reading) and so I'll write in as logical a fashion as I can! I promise not to ramble too badly.

Seers of Light is truly beautiful. Honestly if I could only describe it in one word, that would be it: beautiful. Jennifer has crafted a world where everything is completely different, and yet so enticing. Seers of Light is a story that will stay with you long after you turn the last page, and you will find yourself sighing at the fact t
Rachel
Nov 25, 2010 Rachel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wish-i-hadn-t
I heard about this book through the grape vine a few months ago and was excited to read it because everyone raved about it. Not so much. I actually really hated this stupid book at times. First of all, I thought the writing style sucked. I couldn't really figure out what was happening for the first part of the book. When I finally caught on, my reaction was "Wow, this is stupid." Don't get me wrong, stupid is fine sometimes. I'm all for a good chill book, but I found the whole premises of the bo ...more
Henleym1
Feb 16, 2010 Henleym1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Allison M
Catie
This book is such a rare animal...it's a complete guilty pleasure book, a romance novel, and it's incredibly compelling and well written. I couldn't put it down and I had to go download the sequel immediately after finishing. This is the story of Lily, who's a small town girl running her grandparents' convenience store. When she starts seeing crazy hallucinations, and finds out that she has what amount to super powers, she just goes with it! This was so wonderfully refreshing. In most novels of ...more
Stephanie Ward
Jul 29, 2012 Stephanie Ward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, for-review, ebook
'Seers of Light' is a wonderfully charming novel about a young woman who is taken from her normal life and is suddenly brought into a world that she always thought may have existed, but never had proof. Now she's trying to avoid being killed while figuring out who she really is and what she's capable of - not to mention the two guys who are willing to die in order to protect her.

I thought that this story was very well written and had a great flow. I found myself intrigued from the very beginning
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
A huge THANK YOU to AToMR Blog Tours for allowing me to read and review this book series for the tour. I have to say that I have only read one other Seer book and I LOVED IT just like I LOVED this series. Man I could not get enough of this world that Jennifer has created. I had to put the book down while I was shopping and every minute I had I would read a few pages and then continue on shopping like no ones business.

Lily has always known she is different but she can't quite figure it out. That
Ana (Owl Always Be Reading)
Lily always knew she was different, but couldn't quite figure it out why. She always felt like something was missing in her life. She told herself that it was bec
Marcie
Oct 25, 2010 Marcie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
have to give the cover to this book some love! I really like it. It looks ominous and mysterious. I couldn't wait to dive into this book. I first discovered this book on Good reads and after reading the summary I put this book on my TBR list. When I received it in the mail I was thrilled! The first few chapters gave me chills. Jennifer has created a fantastic story. I didn't want to put the book down until I finished it. The story line focuses on Lillian Hunt. She has supernatural abilities tha ...more
Once Upon a Twilight
Ana's review for now until I read the book myself: This was such an amazing book!! I couldn’t put it down and I ended up reading it in 2 days!! It had everything a girl would want. It had sympaths, ghosts, spirits, demons, seers, mind readers and of course, vampires! The book is very well written and you will honestly fall in love with all the characters. I totally recommend this book.
Jackie
Ooohh .. what can I say .. hmm ..

FANTASTIC !
I love Lily and William so much that my heart aches for both of them. They're the perfect couple. The book had me believing in whole DESTINY, and FATE issues.

The best thing about this novel are:

I love Lily's personality. She's sort of punk and sweet at the same time.

William! He's the very best thing here! I love him so so much. I like how he pretend to be kinda aloof and detached to his surrounding, but when he's with Lily, he turns mellow and he's no
Amanda
May 04, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
This review can also be found here - http://thebookboudoir.blogspot.com/20...

I can't believe it took me so long to start reading Seers. I've had it in my TBR list for a while, and even owned it for a good bit of time before starting it. It is nothing short of amazing. Jennifer weaves an amazing tale that takes you through Lillian Hunt's journey to her new life.

Lily always felt as if somewhere were missing, little did she know, seeing ghosts was actually normal for her "kind". She has an awesome
Simcsa
Warning: Despite being labeled as YA, the book contains sex scenes and some foul language.

Seers od Light is just a bunch of dialogues, some of them good even sexy, other ones stupid, but what's the problem is that there are too many of them. They could be refreshing if peppered throughout the story, but unfortunately Jennifer DeLucy dumped in tons of them and I couldn't enjoy that. Also there are lots of infodumping dialogues, because the main rule is tell not show, isn't it?

Furthermore, when I
Vicki
Sep 06, 2010 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had known of Seers of Light a long time before I actually got a chance to read it, even being a member of the discussion group here on Goodreads, but studiously avoiding it in the fear of happening upon a spoiler or two. In a way I am glad that I was forced to put off reading the book this long as it was so enjoyable that I wish I could unread it and read it again.
Jennifer DeLucy has created a fantasy world which parallels if not overcomes the ability of other authors writing the same genre.
Maria Patenaude
Aug 15, 2012 Maria Patenaude rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amanda
Jul 18, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-challenge
This story blew me away. I was creeped out and at the same time I didn't want it to end. There was also an unexpected love story thrown into the mix. The characters were captivating. I could see this story playing out like a movie, which is always a good thing when it comes to the books I read. The writing style was fantastic and not overly childish like many books of this genre can do. I would like to have seen a little bit more polish in the editing, it seemed that some things were chopped of ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 15, 2015 03:20PM
  • Eve of Samhain (Hanaford Park, #1)
  • The Mark
  • Immortal Awakening
  • The Thirteenth Chime (Sense of Truth, #1)
  • Secret Speakers and the Search for Selador's Gate
  • Breaking Point (The Order of the Elements #1)
  • The Daykeeper's Grimoire (Prophecy of Days, #1)
  • Flecks of Gold
  • Shades of Atlantis (Shades, #1)
  • Wicked Woods (Wicked Woods, #1)
  • Three Daves
  • Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider
  • Unknown Magic (Daughter of Prophecy, #1)
  • The Forest of Adventures (Knight Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow of the Sun (Timeless, #1)
  • Supernova (Supernova Saga, #1)
  • Angel Star (Angel Star, #1)
  • Book of Love (Knight Angels, #1)
Jennifer DeLucy is an author of paranormal fiction, most notably The Light Series Trilogy, a freelance editor and a musician who believes in combining talents to create unique and inspiring work. Born and raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania, Jennifer moved to the Midwest in her early twenties, honing her passions and publishing her first two novels before moving to Seattle, Washington in 2012. She co ...more
More about Jennifer DeLucy...

Light (3 books)
  • Whisper of Light (Light, #2)
  • Circle of Light (Light, #3)

“Kiss me goodbye now. And make it impressive. I have issues with my short term memory. - Lily, Seers of Light” 26 likes
“Do you intend to get any closer or is arm's length the new black?” 22 likes