Start by marking “To Wed in Texas (Texas Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
To Wed in Texas (Texas Brothers, #3)

To Wed in Texas (The McLain Series #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  447 ratings  ·  16 reviews
More information to be announced soon on this forthcoming title from Penguin USA
Published (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about To Wed in Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Wed in Texas

Christel
Apr 24, 2009 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any historical romance reader
Recommended to Christel by: author's website
I have wanted this book since I first saw it on Ms. Thomas's website. You see this book is set in my home town of Jefferson Texas. I enjoyed the fact that the author actually used the backdrop and real times of the period that this book was set in. Set after the end of the civil war, Jefferson was a wild riverboat town. I loved the characters that she placed in the Jefferson and the story in itself. One I will always keep on my bookshelf.
Dinjolina
I know people loved this hero. I think I would have too if it weren’t for the first wife. To be frank, his kids were used so little in the plot line, it all could have gone completely without them, and as such the first wife could have been gone ,gone, gone! And I would have been happy happy HAPPY!

I read the previous books, and with that the first book in which May makes an appearance. She was very blah. Petite, nice, what ever. Blah blah blah. Boooring! She was underdeveloped as a character but
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: Available Now!
Publisher: Penguin
Imprint: Berkley
Author’s Website: http://www.jodithomas.com/
My Source for This Book: Amazon.com
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 3, Texas Brothers/McLain series
Series Best Read in Order: Works well as a standalone.
Steam Level: Steamy

Yes, I know, I just reviewed the second book in the series a few minutes ago. I couldn’t help myself. The little teaser at the end of To Kis
Sandra
:::sigh::: I do love a marriage-of-convenience set in the old west.... Even better when the hero is a hot (widowed) reverend and the heroine is a kind, loving orphaned family outcast, not to mention a virgin with more than her fair share of womanly bosom LOL.... This book has it all.
Maqluba
I finally found the rest of the books in this series and instead of starting with book 1 I continued where I left off- at book 3 because Daniel intrigued me in book 2. This was a classic Jodi Thomas western! (not that I've read a bunch lol)

The heroine made the story for me here, which is surprising because I thought that Daniel would be super angsty and super brooding and I would love him, but it felt too superficial. I wasn't too keyed into his emotions, his struggles seemed half-a$$ed so I did
Denise
Great addition to the series! I just loved Karlee. She was so spunky and adorable, she just made the whole story. The book I am most looking forward to is Wolf's. He is the most interesting character and has played major roles in each of the books. I enjoy how all the brothers show up in all the books so you get to see how their lives are moving on after reading their stories.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Texas Brothers series by Jodi Thomas. A sweet touching story of a plain jane finding her place in the world. Rev. Daniel McLain needs help desperately and gets it in the form of a poor relative of his late wife, Karlee Whitworth. Things are awkward at first but Daniel soon finds he needs Karlee as much as his children do.
Linda
This is the third book in the McLain brother's story. Daniel was the quite one, the preacher, the one who lost his wife in childbirth, the wife he had loved since he as a little boy. Now he had twin girls that he would not even name and a loss that was bottomless. He requested an elderly aunt to come to this lawless town to help him raise his girls but instead he got Karlee, a red headed bundle of contradiction. Read about their journey through stolen guns, Yankees and Rebs still fighting long a ...more
Dixie
Reread...Really like this one. Wasn't a huge fan of the series but Daniel and Karlee were super cute and so deserving of a HEA. Wolf was enjoyable as well and while I enjoyed his story, I think this was the best of the series.
Krissie
Reverend Daniel McLain desperately needs help in bringing guidance and peace to the mid-19th-century Western town of Jefferson, Tex., and with twin toddlers running him ragged, he can't get focused.
Marie
A really fun read, lots of adventure, likeable characters.
Nana Kitteh
A wild woman with little common sense enters a preacher and his young twin daughters' lives. She stumbles her way through and breaks his proper strict lifestyle.
Debbie Turner
I really liked it. So far, I think she is a very good author. These books are in the 1800s and I like westerns like that. Well worth the time.
Cheryl Tollestrup
I like a good western romance and Jodi Thomas delivers the goods! She is becoming one of my favorite authors for this genre!
Marcella
I liked this book because this whole series has such a rich story line you can not just tell it in one book
Anne Lorraine
Anne Lorraine is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2014
Dorothea
Dorothea marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Kiran Arain
Kiran Arain marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Greenprarie
Greenprarie marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
  • Texas Glory (Texas Trilogy, #2)
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • The Promise of Jenny Jones
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • His Secondhand Wife
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Courting Miss Hattie
  • Colorado Dawn (Runaway Brides, #2)
20273
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...
The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2) Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1) A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3) Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)