A Proper Seduction

A Proper Seduction

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Don't get even. Get everything . . .

Even before her bad marriage ended, Lauren MacDonald lost everything-her job, her friends, her self-esteem, and her sexual appetite. Now that she's finally free, she's struggling to regain control of a life her ex did his best to destroy.

The plan: sex with Justin Scott, her ex's business partner. The man her husband invited into their ma...more
Published (first published May 15th 2010)

seton
Lauren wants to take back control after her acrimonious divorce to an abusive control freak is finalized. Toward the end of her marriage, her ex introduced his business partner, Justin, into their bed without her consent. Now, she propositions Justin to meet her at a hotel for just sex.

This short is about 38 pages. Not much room to really tackle such a messy premise so it feels shortchanged. Also, for a Samhain publication, it's not as raunchy as I come to expect.

What I did get out of it is that...more
MaggieReadsRom
First line: “I was surprised to see your name on my schedule this morning.” Justin Scott eased into his oversized desk chair, careful not to tip over backwards. Having his ass hit the floor in front of Lauren MacDonald…well, that was just not going to happen.
Memorable Scenes:
- Opening scene > real attention grabber

Quick & Dirty-review:

Summary:
Lauren MacDonald is out to take back the reigns of her life through a sexual encounter with the man she has secretly been craving for. Justin S...more
Jamie - Nitty Gritty Reviews
I saw a review for this e-book on another blog that I follow and it sounded VERY interesting. I checked to see if it was available for Barnes and Noble Nook owners and low and behold it was! So naturally, I downloaded it and devoured it!

The premise of the book is about a woman who just got out of a TERRIBLE marriage and is looking to gain a little bit of control back in a certain part of her life....The Bedroom. So Lauren makes a proposition to Justin.....3 nights of mind-blowing, no-kissing-on-...more
Jamie

Raynell
"I was surprised to see your name on my schedule this morning.” Justin Scott eased into his oversized desk chair, careful not to tip over backwards. Having his ass hit the floor in front of Lauren MacDonald…well, that was just not going to happen.

A priceless and enticing move to an opening scene to a story. Catches a reader unguarded to what more the author has planned for these two characters. Well written.
Jess the Romanceaholic
Susanna Carr
A year ago Lauren’s husband introduced another man, Justin, into their sex life. Now Lauren is divorced and wants to regain control of her life. One way to erase the bad memories is having Justin in bed for the next three days. This time she’s in charge, but Justin is ready to prove that they have equal power.

This short story is very sexy as Lauren and Justin try to make up for their mistakes. Lauren is a bold heroine, compensating for her weakness in the past, and she’s determined to keep this...more
Lori
This novella had potential, but unfortunately I never felt the connection between Lauren and Justin. We never saw enough of Lauren's thoughts to understand her transitions. It explored some heavy subject matter, but the page count was too short for me to believe that there was a HEA for this couple. Justin basically admitted to raping Lauren, and they didn't have enough time to work fully through it. I did like that Dimon doesn't promise the HEA, only the possibility that it will work out.
Julia
Few short stories that contain such a strong romantic tone are able to strike the right balance between character background and present action. I was ver, very impressed by this quick flash of a story, I found the characters interesting and full fleshed, despite the limited number of pages the author had to work with.
Liza
HelenKay Dimon delivers a super sexy story with A Proper Seduction. Justin and Lauren were so HOT together, but each had to be able to move beyond their past to see if they could find a way to be a couple. Another winner by HelenKay Dimon.
Tasha
When i first saw this book i thought ok its a short story its going to take me about ten minutes to read, and im a slow reader, boy was i wrong but i enjoyed every minute of reading this book so glad i finally got to read it
Daniela
This is a smokin hot read. Author is auto-buy. Love all her work. This is a short novella. However it is written well enough to be believed that they have a future and a connection. Strong m/f characters. Great story.
Bubblie Patel
Bubblie Patel marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Tanya Coulter
Tanya Coulter marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Julia Harrison
Julia Harrison marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Mokona
Mokona added it
Jun 18, 2013
Staci
Staci marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Chris
Chris added it
Mar 15, 2013
Marcie Oropeza
Marcie Oropeza marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Melissa Cutler
Melissa Cutler marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
HelenKay Dimon spent the last twelve years in the most unromantic career ever - divorce lawyer. After dedicating all that time and effort to helping people terminate relationships she is thrilled to write romance novels full time. Her books have earned praise, appeared on besteller lists and won numerous awards. Her first single title, YOUR MOUTH DRIVES ME CRAZY, was featured in Cosmo as a "Red-Ho...more
More about HelenKay Dimon...
Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy (Men of Hawaii #1) Lean On Me (Holloway, #2) Everything You Need to Know Impulsive (Men of Hawaii, #5) Leave Me Breathless