Start by marking “Den farliga leken (Anders Knutas, #8)” as Want to Read:
Den farliga leken (Anders Knutas, #8)

Den farliga leken (Anders Knutas #8)

Ny stark Jungstedt-deckare som utspelar sig i modevärlden
När Jenny, en helt vanlig gotländsk gymnasietjej, upptäcks av en modellagentur förändras hennes tillvaro i ett slag. Hon anses snart vara en av de hetaste stjärnorna och slungas in i en värld fylld av kändisfester och glamour. Medan Jenny njuter av sitt nya, spännande liv i Stockholm befinner sig den några år yn
Published May 2010 by Albert Bonniers Förlag (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Den farliga leken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Den farliga leken

Uka
May 08, 2015 Uka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
3'5/5
La verdad es que me ha mantenido muy intrigada, no tenía mucha idea de quién podría ser el asesino, pero siento que faltaba algo. Aún así, lo he disfrutado mucho.
Labijose
La octava entrega de la serie del detective sueco Anders Knutas trata sobre todo del mundo de la moda, de los esfuerzos inhumanos que muchas modelos tienen que experimentar para llegar a la cúspide, y de la corrupción que rodea a este submundo. En este contexto la escritora utiliza dos personajes principales, Jenny Levin, una modelo en la cumbre de su carrera, que está encaprichada de Markus, un fotógrafo sin escrúpulos que sufrirá un brutal ataque durante una sesión fotográfica, y a Agnes, que ...more
José Carlos
May 18, 2017 José Carlos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Esta saga es increíble, como te atrapa.
Sue1958
I was pleased that Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via Net Galley had auto approved me as they get some really good books, and I am happy to read and review them.

Jenny is a girl, pretty girl, who was discovered by a modelling agency. She was thrown into a lifestyle, a world where there are parties and high life all around her, except, she is now right in the middle of it all.

Its a lot for a young girl, and we can see how Jenny's head could be turned.

We also have Agnes, she used to be a mo
Jessica
Jun 06, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
My favorite book in this series.

In my eyes this book contains the most interesting and intriguing case so far in the series. The character-descriptions are good and while the development of the main characters isn't all that interesting the book-specific characters are. Focus seems to be moved from scenery and setting to characters and I really like that.
Anne-marie
God bog med interessant kig til modeverdenen. Spændende uden at være fuldstændig neglebidende, men med en god historie. Man bliver grebet af skæbnerne, og da kapitlerne er korte, har man hurtigt læst bogen.
Jenny
Dec 25, 2014 Jenny rated it really liked it
Bra och lätt att läsa. Det bara flyter på. Lagom spänning.
Roviragrao
Una lectura entretenida, que no es poco para ser la octava de la serie.
Michael
Dec 03, 2016 Michael rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Banal og rodet. Mangler retning og stringens. Der er for mange uvæsentlige personer og irrelevante begivenheder. Personerne er uden dybde, en stor del af dem kunne slettes uden den mindste betydning for historien.
Raven
Feb 27, 2015 Raven rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For one reason or another Mari Jungstedt had slipped off my reading list, so after a slight hiatus for me in the series it was good to embark on her writing again. This is the eighth of the series to feature detectives Anders Knutas and Karin Jacobsson, and is set against the backdrop of the Swedish fashion world, and all the petty rivalries and skulduggery within it.

The book opens with a vicious attack on fashion photographer, Markus Sanberg, a dislikeable lothario who seems to spend most of hi
Richard
May 14, 2014 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is book 8 in this continuing series set on the Swedish island of Gothland. Here that location alternates with Stockholm as Mari Jungstedt writes a tense thriller set in the fashion world.
For me, I share the opinion of The Times who according to the back cover say " One of Scandinavia's best crime writers." Well Mari has long been one of my favourites for her ability to slowly unwrap a mystery from a number of points of view. In the process the reader isn't just following an investigation fr
Stina
Mari Jungstedt er tilbage – Og hendes fans vil elske denne nyeste i rækken :)

Bogen er velskrevet, sproget meget letlæseligt og flydende, hvilket gør den til en rigtig pageturner. Dialogerne er for det meste fine, det eneste jeg synes trækker en del ned, er den ufattelig naive og glorificerende omtale af mode delen… Det er hele tiden: den mest feterede, den smukkeste, den mest berømte osv. Det må Jungstedt gerne skrue ned for i de fremtidige krimier.

Persongalleriet er mangfoldigt, det er en bland
Jo-anne Atkinson
Jul 04, 2015 Jo-anne Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A year ago Jenny was a normal schoolgirl living on the family farm in Gotland then she was discovered by an agency and is now on her way to becoming a worldwide supermodel. Agnes was also a pretty girl from Gotland but her modelling career wasn't quite so successful and she ended up in hospital suffering from anorexia. Both were signed to the same agency and both had affairs with the same photographer. When that photographer is attacked and left close to death the police are struggling but when ...more
Jackie
Mar 27, 2015 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best this author has produced in this series - which I have found hit and miss in the past. Consistently easy reading, this episode is quite plot driven, which is fine if you hae read the previous books in the series as the main characters are already known to the reader. So it made me think of a modern day Swedish version of an Agatha Christie novel.

As a whodunnit, it doesn't exacttly keep the reader guessing. After two high profile murders in the fashion industry, it is apparent who
Anne
Nov 16, 2016 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book before this, "The Double Silence", & this one, "The Dangerous Game", were very pleasurable reads in the genre. Having recently read her Canary Is. novel, which was frothy, I was cautious. But, I'd enjoyed the earlier Knutas series & had already ordered these used ppbk copies.
I found both of them wove in interesting views into worlds I'm not particularly familiar with & had enough variety of scene along with enough satisfying detail to make for a satisfying escape from the
Biblioteca Lardero
La vida de Jenny, estudiante de bachillerato en Gotland, da un giro cuando la ficha una prestigiosa agencia de modelos y se convierte en una de sus grandes estrellas. Mientras, Agnes, una modelo muy joven, es hospitalizada debido a sus trastornos alimenticios. Pero la tragedia también acecha a Jenny: durante una sesión de fotos en Furillen, el fotógrafo Markus, su amor secreto, sufre un intento de asesinato. A pesar de querer volver a su vida normal, pronto Jenny se dará cuenta de que alguien la ...more
Helen
Apr 09, 2015 Helen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this further outing for Knutas and his team, although there was not so much about them in this volume (and the hint in the last one that a different story is to be revisited remains unfulfilled). This one takes place in November, with some of the action taking place on Gotland and some in Stockholm. Lots of observation of the fashion industry, and its possibly associated world of anorexia. There are one or to loose threads left dangling here but the main perpetrator was guessable.
The ot
Alyson
Apr 04, 2015 Alyson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't often read crime and found this to be a good mix of plot, strong characters and twists, without too much gore and blood. I didn't work out the main revelation and I could barely stop reading each time I picked it up. My only slight issue is that there are a LOT of characters, and most of them are introduced at the start, with the first several chapters a different person each time. It's a lot of people to remember, but I coped! Plenty of atmosphere and well described locations.
Gary Van Cott
The good thing about this is the author provides enough information on the continuing characters that you can catch up on their stories quickly. This book has a theme, the fashion industry and skinny models, not a bad idea necessarily, but not one I have any interest in. This book has many short chapters which makes it choppy and prevents the story from gaining any momentum. Also the ending is on the abrupt side.
Gerda
Dec 04, 2012 Gerda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it. Not five stars though, because the author keeps repeating stuff from previous books and because the lives of the reoccurring characters drag on. I am not that interested about them any more. But I had to keep on reading, because the crime(s) were very well thought off. Even though I had my eye on the perpetrator some time before the cops did, it was thrilling enough up until the very last page.
Bel
Jun 26, 2016 Bel rated it really liked it
You just have to love Mari Jungstedt's books for being the ultimate cure for reading slumps. This particular case explores two subjects that I personally find fascinating: the fashion industry and eating disorders. It reads so fast that I had to force myself to slow down so I would enjoy the story properly. 4/5
Helle Andreasen
Den farlige leg
Elisa
Jul 08, 2015 Elisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jungstedt es una de mis autoras nórdicas favoritas. Un Juego Peligroso es interesante, aunque me pareció bastante predecible. Un intento de asesinato en el mundo de la moda, que pasa cada vez a mayores y con muchos sospechosos. Es una novela entretenida, aunque no se convertirá en una de mis favoritas.
The Twins
Jul 14, 2015 The Twins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nordic-crime
My first book from Mari Jungstedt and her latest in the Knutas series. Glad I discovered her for my long list of Nordic Noir authors. What I particularly like is that the main focus is not solely on the "crime solver", like with many other Nordic Noir authors or crime authors in general, but on the other characters.
Ewa
Jun 12, 2013 Ewa rated it it was ok
En av alla i mängden av Jungstedts böcker, tyvärr en av de sämre. Lite tjockare än tidigare böcker i serien vilket inte gjorde berättelsen bättre utan snarare att tanken kom "fler sidor att mata igenom".
Marjatta
Nov 26, 2014 Marjatta rated it really liked it
Enpä ole koskaan ennen lukenut dekkaria, joka kertoo näin vakavasta asiasta. Nimittäin anoreksiasta. Sairaalajaksojen kuvaus ja ruuan piilottelu ym. oli kerrottu tosi asiantuntevasti.
Dekkarinakin oikein hyvä, tosin murhaaja selvisi jo varhaisessa vaiheessa. Ehkä olen lukenut liikaa dekkareita!
Mia
Apr 27, 2014 Mia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Mari Jungsted novel is on e of her best ones. I like that it adresses the problems with the way we look at women through the eyes of the media and fashion, and the pressure it puts on all of us to look a specific way.
Reetta Saine
Mar 17, 2013 Reetta Saine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dekkarit, 2013
Muotiteollisuus ja anoreksia eivät ole ihan uusinta juttua, mutta ruotsalaiskirjailijan teoksessa - H&M nimeltä mainiten - siihen saadaan kunnon vibat.

Tätä voisi pistää kasien genrevinkkaukseen. Jungstedt on kyllä huippu.
Ann Tonks
All of Mari Jungstedt's characters are here (the married police inspector, the journalist, the police woman and her child) but all of them seem faint in this novel. The stronger characters are the young women Jenny and Agnes and the modelling world that impacts on their lives.
Maartje Hermans
För mig (som Holländare) bra och enkelt att läsa!
  • Vattenänglar
  • En torn i øjet (Rebekka Holm, #1)
  • De døde sjæles nat
  • Black Noise (Studio, #2)
  • Hævnens gudinde (Louise Rick, #5)
  • Vyssan Lull (Hammarbyserien #3)
  • I grunden utan skuld (Sandhamn, #3)
  • I tystnaden begravd
  • Lärjungen  (Sebastian Bergman, #2)
  • In i labyrinten
  • Third Voice
  • Some Kind of Peace
  • Prime Time (Annika Bengtzon, #3)
  • Blodläge
  • Till offer åt Molok (Rebecka Martinsson, #5)
  • En helt annan historia (Barbarotti #2)
Mari Jungstedt is a Swedish journalist and popular crime fiction author.

Jungstedt worked as a reporter on Swedish national public radio and television, and was an occasional presenter on TV4's daily talk show Förkväll.

Her first three novels are set on the island of Gotland and feature Detective Superintendent Anders Knutas and the journalist Johan Berg. Two of her novels were filmed for Swedish TV
More about Mari Jungstedt...

Anders Knutas (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Unseen (Anders Knutas, #1)
  • Unspoken (Anders Knutas, #2)
  • The Inner Circle (Anders Knutas, #3)
  • Killer's Art (Anders Knutas, #4)
  • The Dead of Summer (Anders Knutas #5)
  • Den mörka ängeln (Anders Knutas, #6)
  • Den dubbla tystnaden (Anders Knutas, #7)
  • Det fjärde offret (Anders Knutas, #9)
  • Den sista akten (Anders Knutas, #10)
  • Du går inte ensam (Anders Knutas, #11)