Start by marking “She's the One” as Want to Read:
She's the One

She's the One

Meet Dee - an agony aunt on an Irish newspaper, with more problems than her readers. She's engaged to Gary, but he's far from perfect and his mother is driving her crazy... Now meet Isabel - her husband has just lost everything in a business deal and Isabel has gone home to Dublin with ther two teenage girls. Getting the job as women's editor on the paper would be a dream ...more
Paperback
Published April 8th 1999 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about She's the One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She's the One

Minty McBunny
Mar 13, 2013 Minty McBunny rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, march-2013
When I was living in England, I bought a gossip magazine that came with a free Cathy Kelly book (Just Between Us). I wasn't expecting much from it, but was pleasantly surprised and became a Cathy Kelly fan. This book is one of her weaker ones, I actually picked it up to re-read because I couldn't remember anything about it. It's entertaining enough, the literary equivalent of potato chips, but if you're looking to read a Cathy Kelly book for the first time, I'd suggest Woman to Woman or Just Bet ...more
Dark-Draco
Feb 14, 2014 Dark-Draco rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-reading
I picked this up for a bit of light reading between the volumes of a rather intense Sci-Fi trilogy. However, I only managed a handful of chapters. The writing was ok, the characters were a bit run-of-the-mill but likeable and there was nothing I really hated. I just found that when it came to pick it up again, I couldn't summon the enthusiasm. With so many good books out there I haven't read, I decided to put it aside.
Kim
Feb 17, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
I absolutely loved this one and wasn't ready to give up on the characters story when the book ended. I'd love a sequel! It follows 2 main female characters who want the same editors job on a newspaper. Isabelle and Dee. Isabelle has just split with her husband and Dee is engaged. It follows their new jobs and relationships in the bustle of a busy newspaper setting. I do love losing myself in a Cathy Kelly book.
Femke
Jul 07, 2011 Femke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, roman
Opzij is een boek wat heerlijk wegleest. Het is een boek dat je gewoon wilt lezen omdat het zo leuk is om over de wereld van andere personen te lezen. Je leert de mensen kennen, hun meningen en hun doen en laten. Dit zorgt ervoor dat je helemaal in het verhaal zit en je door blijft lezen. Het is een heerlijk boek om tussendoor te lezen. Cathy Kelly vind ik sowieso een fijne schrijfster, ze schrijft gewoon lekker simpel, leuke verhalen maar wel verhalen die smaakvol zijn. Leuk!
Kristal Taylor
Sep 15, 2013 Kristal Taylor rated it really liked it
In the beginning of this book was a slow read. But the more I read the better it got. This really should have been a series. Some of characters was left hanging. I want to know more or that happy ending. I don't particularly like guessing the test of the story. Reading 567 pages could have been two or three books ending better.
Melanie Mole
Jan 20, 2017 Melanie Mole rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Cathy Kelly writes some really good books. But for some reason I couldn't get into this one and only lasted until page 55. Nothing to do with the quality of the writing at all. Just wasn't really for me.
Suzi
Jan 31, 2015 Suzi rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book found myself loving the main characters and wanting happy endings for them both. Nice chic lit novel ideal holiday read maybe. First Cathy Kelly book I have read will be keeping my eye out for more x
Nina
Sep 02, 2011 Nina rated it liked it
A little predictable but entertaining
Kate
Sep 26, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite book of all time!
Jennifer Aiello
Mar 23, 2015 Jennifer Aiello rated it liked it
Quite an enjoyable read if somewhat predictable. Enjoyed the characters.
Kate Symonds
Jan 24, 2015 Kate Symonds rated it liked it
Quick reading chick -lit. Kept expecting a bit more drama, but it was a pleasant read. Ideal beach book.
Beverly
Nov 10, 2015 Beverly rated it it was ok
Too long. Story wasn't that complicated that it needed to be that long
Regalladofreasby
Jun 10, 2010 Regalladofreasby rated it liked it
My first cathy Kelly novel I have read really enjoyed it an easy read.
Niké Van den kerckhove
Aug 26, 2012 Niké Van den kerckhove rated it really liked it
Licht entertainmeny wel :)
Lmmuzyka
Aug 03, 2012 Lmmuzyka rated it liked it

Love this Irish author's books. She has a great sense of humor and her characters are colorful and real. Have read all her books and am now waiting for a new one to come out.

Amanda Patterson
Jul 31, 2011 Amanda Patterson rated it did not like it
Really did not like this. So many have done it better!
Eva
Oct 07, 2015 Eva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Fun read. Expected a "war" between Isabel and Dee, but the story took a different turn. Great book for the beach.
Jo
Sep 25, 2012 Jo rated it liked it
Fluffy and feel good (very Marian Keyes)
Marjolijn
Dec 12, 2012 Marjolijn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Een iets te voorspelbaar vrouwenboek/chicklit. Maar fijne lectuur voor een luie (nieuwjaars)dag.
Colemore
Dec 04, 2012 Colemore rated it liked it

Entertaining and predictable. Chit.lit but nicely written. A good easy read when you need a break from more intense reading.
Gloria
Not sure when I read this guessing 2013.
Senaya Morgan
Senaya Morgan rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2012
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
May 08, 2011
Amanda Williams
Amanda Williams rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Vera Pajk
Vera Pajk rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Carrie Stone
Carrie Stone rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Shelley
Shelley rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Manon Klink
Manon Klink rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2014
  • Something Borrowed
  • A Girl's Guide To Kissing Frogs
  • Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life
  • The Secret Ingredient
Born in Belfast but raised in Dublin, Cathy initially worked for thirteen years as a newspaper journalist with a national Irish Sunday newspaper, where she worked in news, features, along with spending time as an agony aunt and the paper’s film critic. However, her overwhelming love was always fiction and she published her first international bestseller, Woman To Woman, in 1997. She did not become ...more
More about Cathy Kelly...