Start by marking “Relentless Pursuit: A True Story of Family, Murder, and the Prosecutor Who Wouldn't Quit” as Want to Read:

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  13 reviews
If One L is the book to read before law school, Relentless Pursuit is the book to read after-a real-life legal thriller that shows, from the inside, a prosecutor's quest to deliver justice to a family devastated by murder.

What happened to Diane Hawkins and her daughter Katrina-a brutal double murder in which the girl's heart was cut from her body-devastated a Washington,...more
Published March 1st 2007 by Putnam Adult (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Relentless Pursuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relentless Pursuit

Amy A.
Well, this is not usually a book I would read (anymore). I say anymore, because I used to enjoy a good thriller by Mary Higgins Clark or something, but I'm a lot more sensitive since I've had kids, so it's been a long time. However, it was one of those things where I picked it up at the library, read the first chapter, and then had to see how it ended. It was also FAR less creepy for me reading it from a prosecuting attorney's perspective, than it would have been reading something from the kille...more
Jill Hutchinson
I do not particularly like books written in the first person but I will make an exception in this instance. The author, prosecuting a horrible double murder in DC, gives an insider's glimpse into the machinations of the court system as well as the police work involved in bringing the suspect to trial.
The murder is a veritable slaughter of a mother and young daughter and the author pulls no punches in the description of the crime. He has a touching relationship with the large, extended family of...more
Sheri Salatin
This book was hard to put down. I don't usually like books written in the first person, but this one was a definite exception. Flynn, a prosecuting attorney, weaves an amazing story. He tells things in the order in which he discovered them. I completely agree with the cover of the book - "An aspicious debut...reads like a thriller."

Flynn is given a case of a murdered mother and daughter. And it's not just a murder, these two women were butchered. Gruesome details, a man hunt, amazing testimonies...more
Donald
This is an excellent "true crime" book that reads like a novel in most respects. Written by the prosecutor of the case, we learn all about the gruesome killings of a mother and her teenage daughter and the search for the killer. I liked the fact that we're not told who did it until the verdict comes back in the trial. It kept me wondering if they were going to find extra information that would bring about a new suspect.
Ginny
This is a true story told by the prosecutor of a case about the murder of a mother and daughter in Washington, DC. What I liked about it was the author's commitment to the victims and their family. It is apparent that this case from his career as prosecutor struck a chord. The victims were black and it is refreshing to see that their murders were given the attention they deserved.
Jun 20, 2011 Laura rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: True Crime and Crout Case Fans
This book is written by a federal prosecuting lawyer. It was well written and very interesting. I enjoy reading about the trial in a true crime case. This book gave me information and insight I had previously not had. If you like true crime and the building of the legal case against a defendant this is a must read.
Zinaid
Compelling story. The prosecutor takes you right into the courtroom and keeps it interesting throughout the whole book. At the end, after seeing the actual trial and how the evidence was presented, there's no doubt in my mind that the jury reached the correct verdict.
Alison Shurtleff
It's hard to believe the author is also a prosecutor. Obviously he has many talents. This book reads like a well-written mystery, except that you know from the start who dunnit. Very entertaining and informative. But then, true crime is pretty much all I read.
Nick
This book tells the story of a prosecutor's journey to bring convict a man of the brutal murders he committed. The strength of the victims family, and their example for the prosecutor as he faces his own personal challenges at that the same time.
Dana
It was a very good read. It was written like a nonfiction, but it had a bit of a fictional story aspect.
netra
Well written book about a true story of a mother and daughter who was murdered by an ex boyfriend.
Kathy
True crime about a horrible DC double murder. Very well written by the DA on the case.
False Millennium
A sad tale, despite the success of the prosecution: in the end no one wins.
♥ Marlene♥
♥ Marlene♥ marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Steve Chanin
Steve Chanin marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Bridget Allen
Bridget Allen marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Valeta
Valeta marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Angela Golightley
Angela Golightley is currently reading it
Feb 14, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Mirjam Penning
Mirjam Penning marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kevin is a native of Holyoke, MA. He got his start in journalism at the age of 19 working as a news writer for News Radio WHYN-AM in 1989. In the subsequent twenty years, Kevin has become an award-winning journalist and respected author.
More about Kevin Flynn...
The Silent Brotherhood Mount Everest: Confessions of an Amateur Peak Bagger Notes on a Killing: Love, Lies, and Murder in a Small New Hampshire Town The Unmasking: Married to a Rapist Relentless Pursuit