Angel with Attitude

Angel with Attitude

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  718 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Valerie Grace isn't quite sure how she went from heavenly angel to plunging into the killer whale tank at Niagara Falls' MarineLand, but that's what's happened. All she knows is that earth can be a tough place for a fallen angel, what with all the demon Tempters lurking around every corner, anxious to recruit her to the "other team" - the evil team. All she can do is keep...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2006)

Lynda Tatad
I've enjoyed Michelle Rowan's "Bitten & Smitten" series, so I thought I'd check out "Angel with Attitude". I enjoyed her take on the Fallen Angels theme which seems to be so popular now in the YA genre. Of course, this is NOT a YA novel.

This one has poor Valerie Grace having been kicked out of Heaven and landing naked in a Killer Shark Pool at Marine:and in Niagara Falls. After being given an oversized T-shirt, a wallet is found with some money and her "birth ceritificate" with the address o...more
Melisande
I loved this author. The concept of this book sounded great. I just can not keep my attention on it. My dogs spilled Chinese food on it and I have not picked it up since. I do not really wonder what happens in it. It was kind of predictable. I do not need to read it. So sad since I love her other series so much.
Michelle Rowen's reads are always addictive and fabulous. Finished this book basically in one night and it actually had a different ending than I expected. Loved it all!
Nairabell
Falling naked into the killer whale tank at MarineLand is going to ruin anyone's day, but when you've just been banished from heaven with a brief "don't talk to Tempter demons" speech it's even worse. Valerie Grace used to be an angel and after her dramatic banishment has ended up working as a maid at the Paradise Inn. But a random coincidence leads Valerie to realise that there is a stolen key to Heaven which would enable her to go home...as long as she can survive the very tempting Tempter Nat...more
Jenifer
Yolanda Sfetsos
Okay, so I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of Michelle's viral bloggers for her upcoming book Angel With Attitude. I got to read it several weeks before its release... which is great!

Valerie Grace has fallen from Heaven and she doesn't know why. She finds herself stuck as a human and working as a maid in a motel. She's trying to do good deeds along the way, hoping to find her way back into Heaven - where life is wonderful and safe. However, there's a Tempter Demon called Nathaniel who sets...more
Kelli
$12.51 for rat tricks. You would think that a rat doing tricks would draw more of an audience and much more money. This was all the money Reggie the Rat made when his fallen angel friend, Valerie Grace, forced him to do tricks to make some cash so she could get psychic Bob to help her get back into Heaven. Maybe, if Reggie wasn't forced to do tricks and was more willing and talented they could have made bank!

I read this part and busted out laughing. Just like the Immortality Bites Series, "Ange...more
Alyssa
This review can also be found at lythebookworm-ish.blogspot.com

Just finished reading the book, and I must say that the story is unique (imo). It was my first read of a fantasy romance novel which has angels and demons for characters. The plot is not as predictable as I have thought before reading it. There were hilarious comebacks, sexual yet romantic tension between the characters, and of course, several twists that you would never (well, I've never) predict nor expect in the end. I found mysel...more
Jessica Dillon
3.5 stars:
Im conflicted.
On one hand, I enjoyed this book and yet - it also was predictable, corny/mushy and a bit silly!! I had worked out the ending from about 1/3 of the way through (not a good thing). I thought Reggie was a twat the entire book. He should have stayed a rat the cheating prick!! I found it annoying that it was completely obvious that Nathaniel was head over heels in love with her (after only 3 days that is - eeeekkk. Thats a bit stupid right there too!! It takes more than 3 d...more
Inara
Sitting on her little cloud and innocently playing her harp (okay, I´m kidding) the angel Valerie Grace is suddenly thrown out of heaven and her fall ends in a killer tank at Niagara Falls. Confused about being human and seeing no reason why she was kicked out of heaven Valerie tries to adjust to human life. She finds a job at a motel called "Paradise Inn" and her only wish is to go back to heaven. But life is dangerous for a fallen angel, the "other side" in form of the sexy and handsome Tempte...more
Mei
Synopsis
Valerie Grace has no idea why she was booted out of heaven and landed naked in a killer whale tank. Plus, every day her memories of heaven are fading and she knows it's only a matter of time before the Tempter demon assigned to her shows up. Can Val fight the temptation of the dreamy Nathaniel and find her way back into heaven?

Review
I don't know that if I had seen this particular cover in the image if I would have read this book. I came across a random copy of this and read it while hang...more
Janice (Janicu)
A light hearted story about an angel (Valerie Grace) who becomes a fallen angel seemingly out of the blue (first a note is shoved at her about the rules to abide by if you are a fallen angel, then she finds herself naked and in a killer whale tank). She is determined to find out why she was kicked out of heaven and to get back, but problems abound. First of all, she is assigned a Temptor Demon, Nathanial, whose job it is to tempt her to Hell, and she has trouble saying no. Then her friend gets t...more
Morgan
*Kindle Read*

Although this book had a bit of a slow start, it improved as Valerie's grip on her new found humanity improved. Not certain if that was intentional, but either way once I was beyond that point it didn't matter.

The characters were great (just as I have come to expect from Michelle Rowen), and I even ended up with a soft-spot for Reggie (even if he can be a rat -- literally & figuratively speaking).

Just the right mix of humor, squishy romantic feelings, and a couple of twists and...more
Britta
Apr 27, 2009 Britta rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erin
A good read by Michelle Rowen. I would call this urban fantasy (as I would call all of her works - especially the Immortality Bites series). This is PG compared to most of the "paranormal romance" out there. Good lazy day read or beach day where you are leery of the kids over turning your book (and reading something they shouldn't be).

A fallen angel who has no idea why she was kicked out of Heaven is sent on a mission to save the world from Lucifer's insane (and apparently impotent bastard son,...more
Diane ~Firefly~
This was a cute, fun, light story. Valerie is thrown from heaven and ends up working as a maid in a run-down hotel near Niagra Falls.

What I enjoyed:
* Reggie - he was a fun character and pretty brave to be with his girlfriend.
* The slight twist at the end.
* The things Valerie was doing trying to get back into heaven.
* Nathaniel's reaction to Valerie sneezing.
* Lloyd the romance writing demon.

What could have been better:
* A little more romance would have been nice.
* (view spoiler)...more
Diana
Suddenly kicked out of heaven, Valerie Grace is one confused fallen angel struggling to adapt to being human. With her fall from grace comes her own personal Tempter demon, Nathaniel, whose sole job is to tempt Val to his side. Among a frantic race for the stolen Key to Heaven, Val must try to resist the oh-so-irresistible Nathaniel.

Such a great premise and interesting characters, but this just fell a little flat for me. Val and Nathaniel both are full of life, but I just never saw their connect...more
Feminista
Loved it! Excellent for people who are looking for a light, fun read. I also liked Nathaniel and the protagonist Valerie. I liked how the author managed to add in biblical sins and her imagination of the Underworld.

The rat's journey and commentary made for a very fun read.
Also I also had to add one of the bits that cracked me up. Spoiler alert!!!

"Muck-ruick soorl" the demon spat at her.
"How dare you!"
"What did he say?" Val asked.
"No idea," Claire replied. "But it sounded rude don't you think?"
Nancy
A fallen angel and a tempter demon team up to retrieve the stolen Key to Heaven from Lucifer himself. With the aid of a friend bewitched into a rat, the duo invade the Underworld and battle foes to reach their goal. But when they get the key, will Valerie use it to return through the heavenly gates, or will she decide to remain behind, forever earthbound, to be with the demon who loves her? A quick-read story with wit and attitude.
Colleen
Gina
I was disappointed in this book. The heroine is a dumb blonde and it just didn't hold my interest.
An angel falls to earth, she doesn't know why and meets a super hunky tempter demon, whose job it is to tempt her to hell.

She tries to find a way to earn her way back to heaven, falls in love with the demon who hates his job and saves the world.

Didn't care for this one at all.
Deb
Michelle Rowen never disappoints! Funny and sexy characters, great adventure, and lots of romance! Valerie is a fallen angel, Nathaniel is a tortured, misunderstood Tempter demon, Reggie gets to experience his “true nature” & Lloyd is a one eyed, grey-skinned, best selling romance writer from the Underworld! Hilarious! I can’t wait to read more from this author!
Jill
This was definitely an interesting idea, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Bitten and Smitten by the same author. It just didn't seem to flow as well and when the main characters all of a sudden were telling one another they loved each other, it just didn't feel right to me. For whatever reason, I didn't feel the buildup that would justify that outcome.
Brittany
A great romance between a demon and an angel. This is one of my favorite books from Michelle Rowen. After I read her books "Bitten and Smitten" and "Fanged and Fabulous" I had to read this one. I was glad I did too. I like even more than her other two books I've read. I hope she has other works out because I want to read them so badly!!
Robin
I enjoyed this book! The author catches you from the beginning and holds it until the end. I'm not big on fantasies but this one was great. I laughed,cried,and even found myself get alittle irritated throughout this book.
I recommend this to any female who likes a little fantasy every now and then!
Andrea
The best book ever! Beautifully written. Funny. With lots of twists and turns.
The dialogs in the book are amazing. Since I don't own the book myself(but I soon will) I even copied some quotes in my pad. :)
Needed only one night to complete my reading. Kept me wide awake anticipating the end.
Mj Uzumaki
Jul 03, 2011 Mj Uzumaki rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bored peeps
i thought i'll enjoy this book from reading the plot.,but then i was a lil disappointed.,although some remarks are funny i don't think the story got enough substance.,and its like trying too hard to have a romance in it.,the revelation of love between Julian and Val was off.,so just 1 star:)
Marie Treggiari
This was rather a silly book - but maybe I didn't enjoy it as much because I'd just finished a book by a comic and I seldom read two books alike one after the other. It was a fantasy, too, and I found problems with that because I don't love it! For those who do like it, it was okay, I guess.
Laurie
Very funny and cute chick lit about an angel who is kicked out of Heaven for pride.She must refuse er temptor demon and travel to the underworld to retrieve the stolen key.Can she save the world and win her amn? Fluffy but also witty.
Anna
I finished it in a day, which hasn't happened in a while. It was a cute, light, easy read, but really it did deal with a couple of complex issues, but in a way you didn't really notice until the end.It was fun.
Kelly
I thought I would try it, not the usual genre for me but I have read Rowens other books which I quite enjoyed. As something I don't normally read it was alright, but not my cup of tea.
  • Daemon's Angel
  • Sweet Baby
  • Dragons Prefer Blondes (Caruthers Sisters #2)
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • It's Not about the Accent
  • Witch in the House
  • Accidentally Demonic (Accidentals, #4)
  • The Society (Society, #1)
  • A Babe in Ghostland
  • Sweet Disgrace (Sweet Disgrace, #1)
  • Real Vamps Don't Drink O-Neg
  • Fish Out of Water (Fred the Mermaid, #3)
  • Bled Dry (Vegas Vampires, #3)
  • Countdown
  • Falling Angel
  • Storm Warning
  • Eye of Heaven (Dirk & Steele #5)
  • The Marriage Prize (Medieval Plantagenet, #3)
National bestselling author MICHELLE ROWEN writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and young adult fantasy, both light and dark, sexy and sweet, long and short -- it all depends on the story! She's won a Holt Medallion for Best First Book and a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award for Vampire Romance. For more information, please visit Michelle at her website at www.michellerowen.com.
More about Michelle Rowen...
Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites, #1) Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1) Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites, #2) Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3)