Start by marking “"G" is for Grafton: The World of Kinsey Millhone... Revised and Updated through "O" IS FOR OUTLAW” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Finally in paperback and now fully revised and updated through "O" Is for Outlaw, the reader's companion to the world of Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone

With the cooperation of Sue Grafton, who provided unprecedented access to her working journals, authors Natalie Hevener Kaufman and Carol McGinnis Kay have created a fully dimensional biography of Kinsey Millhone that will an
Published September 1st 2000 by Holt Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about "G" is for Grafton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about "G" is for Grafton

An interesting analysis of Kinsey Millhone, her cases and the other characters involved in the Sue Grafton series. The author's attention to detail shows soe inconsistencies in the series, but mostly serves as a great review of the stories, people, places involved in A through M. I started reading this book when I was on J and realized it would be wiser and more enjoyable to read through M then come back to this book, so that is what I did. I am glad, because details a out whodunit in those stor ...more
Peter Herrmann
I didn't realize there was an updated version (through 'O') when I read this earlier published version. The best part was the final two chapters: one re Grafton's writing style and the other re her place in the genre of mystery writing. Both chapters were excellent; quite insightful and quite informative. Everything prior to those two chapters was about the minutiae of Kinsey Milhone's life ... and although meticulously researched and documented (as it appeared to me), turned out quite boring .. ...more
If you're a Grafton fan or a Kinsey fan this is a must read. It is so much fun !!!
Andy Plonka
This is a great look at Kinsey Millhone and how she came to be. It is dated however and only deals with the series through M. I assume the authors of this book will update it after Grafton finishes the next three books.
Jane Gunn
a "fun" read for Grafton fans
Sue Grafton is one of my favorite authors. This book was written by two women about Grafton's character Kinsey Millhone. It ended up to be a 466 page book report and it was really tough to get through. I will even admit I skipped the last 20 pages because I just couldn't hang in there any longer. However, some of it was very interesting, but the rest of it was boring as hell! Would not recommend unless you are a very big fan!
A fun biography of Sue Grafton's fictional character Kinsey Millhone, written at the time "M is for Malice" was published. Rather than a birth-to-present narrative of Kinsey's life, it's organized by categories, such as locations, relationships, family. Explores how Kinsey's character develops from A to M. Explains how streets and landmarks in Santa Barbara correspond to "Santa Teresa". A nice reminder of early books in the series.
This book was such a fun read, after being a big follower of not only Sue Grafton, but of Kinsey Milhone. I hated that they were tearing apart all the inconsistencies in the stories, but at the same time it was fascinating and I was riveted. This is a great book to read if you are big Grafton fan. But understand before you read it, she's human - mistakes are made and Natalie Kaufman points them all out.
A helpful guide to the Alphabet Series by Sue Grafton. If you've had trouble keeping things straight, or have taken a break from the series and want to get back into, this will help you to get back on track. It was published in 2000, however, so only goes up to a certain point.
This book is a demographic of Kinsey Millhone, the detective of Sue Grafton's mysteries, based on the writings. Find the layout of her apartment, the foods she likes, her neighborhood, and more.
Nov 16, 2014 Gretchen is currently reading it
Fun to have, I was reading a library copy and decided to buy. Not organized the way I would have, but great memory jogger and a nice way to spend some extra time with a character I enjoy.
Read several chapters carefully and then skimmed the rest. In depth look at many of the books. Useful comments on Grafton's writing style and place among detective writers.
Cathy Hannigan
Jul 11, 2013 Cathy Hannigan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YES
LIKED it - added more insight to Kinsey, since i was fixin' ta re-read & read for the first time - TOO BAD, it stopped at "M" is for Malice
Sep 08, 2008 Linda added it
A nice companion book to read more about the world of Kinsey Millhone and to get a better idea of the timeline of the books.
An inside look at Kinsey Millhone and what makes her tick. If you want to know more about Kinsey then this is a definite read.
Interesting information about the series and author.
Pat Ost
Pat Ost marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Cj marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Melissa Edwards
Melissa Edwards marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Ann added it
Sep 17, 2015
Barbara L. Keller
Barbara L. Keller marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
M K marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
  • The Earth After Us: What Legacy Will Humans Leave in the Rocks?
  • The Memorial Hall Murder (Homer Kelly, #3)
  • The Mystery Hideout
  • Eye For An Eye
  • A Sense of Place: Great Travel Writers Talk About Their Craft, Lives, and Inspiration
  • Something's Alive on the Titanic
  • Georgian London: Into the Streets
  • Stop the Insanity
  • The Tulip
  • Iterations
  • Away in a Manger (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #15)
Human Rights Treaties and the Senate: A History of Opposition Globalization and Children: Exploring Potentials for Enhancing Opportunities in the Lives of Children and Youth The Participation Rights Of The Child: Rights And Responsibilities In Family And Society Rights of the Child: Rights and Responsibilities in Family and Society (Children in Charge) Measuring and Monitoring Children's Well-Being (Social Indicators Research Series)