Start by marking “The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie” as Want to Read:
The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie

The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  9,650 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
56 authors on hundreds of titles, including plays and short stories. Lavishly embellished with black-and-white photographs, book covers, and images. Reviews of Agatha Christie works avoid spoilers. Original thoughts on tea, word puzzles, appetite, gender, accumulate to fun times.
Paperback, Revised Second Edition, 362 pages
Published 1993 by Ungar (first published 1979)

Be the first to ask a question about The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie

Bookworm007
Jan 24, 2012 Bookworm007 rated it liked it
Spoiled Curtain: Poirot's Last Case >;(

This book CLAIMS it doesn't spoil Agatha Christie books...but it does, it does. So only read it if you're prepared for that.
Rachel Garber
Apr 27, 2009 Rachel Garber rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like mysteries, anthologies abt mysteries
Recommended to Rachel by: No one
Very interesting book about the books of Ms. Christie, includes books that have been been turned into movies, who was the best Miss Marple and who was the worse, (you'll be surprised at this disclosure) testimony by women mystery writers who claim her as their "mother" A chapter about the disappearance of Ms. Christie for a period of time. Crossword puzzle, Find the Name Double-Crostic; Interview with a Hungarian fan; Christie on the BBC; the longest running play in England; the selling of ...more
Greg Z
Aug 26, 2016 Greg Z rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, reference
"Oh, Agatha! How could you?" writes Norma Siebenheller at the end of her three page summary of "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd." If you've read "Ackroyd", you probably feel the same way. (And if you haven't, I envy you!) But these ridiculously long summaries are pointless: a paragraph or two would have been sufficient. On the positive side we're served very nice side dishes: the films from her books are discussed (with posters and cast pictures), there are numerous and cleverly written fan ...more
Eva
Sep 07, 2015 Eva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Excellent for anyone who is interested in all things Christy. The only disappointment is that it does not cover the David Suchet films of Agatha Christy. I think he made the best Piorot.
Eva Averin
Dec 04, 2016 Eva Averin rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, classics
I haven't read this book but I can't find a way to remove it.
booklady
Apr 21, 2008 booklady rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
Have been dragging my feet as I finish my last Lord Peter Wimsey mystery by Dorothy L. Sayers. She only wrote ten novels about him and this is it. I was telling my oldest daughter about that yesterday and she told me about this humorous poem in this book on Dame Agatha, the original First Lady of mystery called "The Unread Christie". I'd copy and paste it but it's copyrited, so I've provided the link instead. Enjoy!

http://books.google.com/books?id=zd3y..., p348

(It tickles me no end when dds are
Feb 26, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Lots of cute commentaries and interviews with fans (a disproportionate amount that enjoy the dull Miss Marple, I might add), as well as some nice fanfictive hypothetical letters, historical context, and reading guides, but there were a few too many book summaries in here, which felt a little much like filler.
An Odd1
Feb 07, 2014 An Odd1 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fan
.. In progress .. Can't leave on Current shelf for year+. Helps me read Christie works in chronological order rather than alphabetical on local library shelf - was confusing. Without spoilers, exaggerates quality (No hint that Big Four is awful). Can I copy over word puzzles in order to re-use? .. More Mañana
Booksingarden
Jan 06, 2013 Booksingarden rated it it was ok
Shelves: mysteries
While it had come cute puzzles and snippets of Christie's autobiography, most of the book was summaries of the plots (without whodunnit). The puzzles were for those who knew the plots intricately but the summaries where redundant for those who had read the books. Did not finish.
Edward
Jul 30, 2011 Edward rated it it was amazing
Along with Matthew Bunson's The Complete Agatha Christie, this book is the other must-have compendium for all Agatha Christie fans. In addition to the synopses of all Christie works, there are interesting feature articles that will certainly interest her fans.
Lbaker
Jul 11, 2014 Lbaker rated it really liked it
A good way to remember Dame Christie's huge contribution to mysteries, romance, and plays. I even found a few I hadn't read - not many, but a couple.
Trish
Sep 28, 2011 Trish rated it it was amazing
I've had this book for years and love it! If you're an Agatha Christie reader/fan it is a must have book!
Stacy
Mar 24, 2012 Stacy marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Joe  Noir
Apr 23, 2013 Joe Noir rated it really liked it
Another invaluable reference work. For all Christie fans, newcomers and experts alike. Make certain you get the revised and updated edition.
Heather
Nov 22, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Must have book! Helps me keep track because many of Christie's books started out as short stories so they are hard to distinguish. Also some books have two or three different titles!
Glenis Schmitt
Glenis Schmitt rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Brad Seggie
Brad Seggie rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2014
Eleanor B
Eleanor B rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Sana Maryam
Sana Maryam rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Khiati Abdelhadi
Khiati Abdelhadi rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Brian Schoenwald
Brian Schoenwald rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Madhumitha
Madhumitha rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Courtney Alleyne
Courtney Alleyne rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Vonnie-kaye Brough
Vonnie-kaye Brough rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
V L
V L rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2013
Mobina
Mobina rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Nicole Yovanoff
Nicole Yovanoff rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2013
Mika
Mika rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Mia Capley
Mia Capley rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
  • Absent In The Spring
  • The Golden Ball and Other Stories
  • Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks
  • The Floating Admiral
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • Agatha Christie
  • Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie
  • Death in a White Tie (Roderick Alleyn, #7)
  • Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days