Start by marking “Dream Chaser (Dream-Hunter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dream Chaser (Dream-Hunter, #3)

Dream Chaser (Dream-Hunter #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  19,071 ratings  ·  521 reviews
Hades doesn’t often give second chances...

Xypher has one month on Earth to redeem himself through one good deed or be condemned to eternal torture in Tartarus. But redemption means little to a demigod who only wants vengeance on the one who caused his downfall.

Until one day in a cemetery...

Simone Dubois is a medical examiner with a real knack for the job. Those who are wro
Published February 5th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published February 5th 2008)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This was a fun book that I loved reading. I am glad that I enjoyed it much more than the last book in the series (Upon a Midnight Clear). I thought that Simone was one of the more fleshed out and interesting heroines, and definitely one of my favorites so far. I thought she was a great match for Xypher. Ms. Kenyon has not diverted from her uber-tortured hero mode with Xypher, but that's okay. She does the tortured hero very well. I liked how he was so surly and untrusting, and how Simone slowly ...more
Mahlet
Aug 12, 2008 Mahlet rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kenyon lovers who are already familiar with the Dark-Hunter series
Shelves: pnr, series
To quote Simi from the YearofAcheron website:

"Don’t forget that Dream Chaser is out and before you read Akri’s book, you really, really need to read Xypher’s cause if you don’t know who Jaden is, you gonna be missing out."

Well if Simi says so, I guess that's settled! ;D

...ok, finished reading - here's my review:

I haven't read the first 2 Dream Hunter books, but I had no problem following along. Xypher is another classic Kenyon hero – gorgeous and tortured. He's a Skoti (a rogue Dream Hunter tha
Carmen
Nov 10, 2014 Carmen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kenyon fans
Shelves: fiction, romance
I don't know if this book really deserves a 2-star rating or if I'm just burned-out on Kenyon after reading about 10 books in a row by her.

I really wanted to love this book - Xypher, the angry, rage-filled dream-god fromDevil May Cry - was going to be my next Zarek. You know, grumpy as all heck and a badass but then a sweetie inside. :) Love that trope.

ANYWAY. I was disappointed. For one thing, Kenyon makes the heroine, Simone (view spoiler)
Yodamom
Audio- I almost skipped this book. The last dream Hunter book just did nothing for me. This one woke up my need for the Hunter world. This edition to the series has strong ties to the Dark Hunters, with a few characters overlapping into the story. It was exciting, mysterious, romantic, and set in New Orleans !
Simone Dubois and Dream-Hunter Xypher are the perfect mix of hot and cold. They are trapped together, and boy oh boy talk about opposites. Snicker** this is where the fun starts. They tortu
Miss Kim
Oct 30, 2008 Miss Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dark Hunter Fans who may be interested in Dream Hunters
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Continuation of Series
I really liked Xypher. He is a half demon/half god Dream Hunter. He assisted in the Dimme and the gallu fight in Vegas a few weeks back. In return, Hades allowed him to leave Tartarus (hell), for one month and live as a human. The reason he has been banished to Tartarus is an interesting one. No spoilers here.
He literally runs into Simone while fighting some demons in New Orleans. Simone is a human, and medical examiner in New Orleans. She is friends with a Dark Hunter squire, and is also able t
MK (Food actvist)
Nov 30, 2008 MK (Food actvist) rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of DH series
**My impression of this book before I had finished** Every book in this series you learn something new about: the Dark Hunters, Were-Hunters, Dream -Hunters, Acheron and other gods, and demigods(correct me if I am wrong about the rank in races of beings). What i try to connect with is the mind of the main character. If they feel real enough for me I am convinced I will enjoy the story. There's so much happening that I know I will enjoy re-reading this series.

This is the story of Xypher a Phobot
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Simone is a psychic who can see the dead, Xypher is a fallen dream god who was led astray by Satara and killed, doomed to be tortured fir eternity, but Hades lets him out for one month. Now Satara must find a way to get Xypher before he comes to seek his revenge, she binds him to a human, Simone to be exact, if Simone dies, Xypher dies and if she gets more than twenty feet away from him they both die. He needs to find a way to get the bracelets off before he gets sent back to hell in twenty-two ...more
valee
This book was awesomne, I think I liked it almost as much as I did devil may cry, which is a lot to say. I did not enjoy the other dream hunter books. I do not find the dream hunter topic interesting at all.

Nevertheless, in this book the dream hunter thing is barely mentioned. You know he is an ex dream hunter, but it doesn't matter at all while the events developed.

Really really good. For al of those who were not sure to read this book, you should not skip it, it has nothing to do with the dre
Tessa Teevan
AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I wasn't sold on the Dream Hunters until Xypher. This Universe is so complex, creative, and I love watching it all unfold. There are surprises around every corner, and it's INCREDIBLE!

ON TO ACHERON!!!!!
Pete
Dream Chaser is the 14th installment in the Dark-Hunter series. I don’t know why it took me so long to start this book, being a DH series fan. I’ve been reading other PNR from other writers, but have always liked SK’s books especially DH.

So Simone would definitely fit in my fictitious harem. As is usual in SK’s books there are principally distinctly different beings at opposite ends of a field of compatibility to end up in an HEA.

As a medical examiner with her friend Tate Bennett, a coroner, the
Julianna
Jul 11, 2013 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance, Tortured Heroes
Reviewed for THC Reviews
The last few Dark-Hunter books were kind of so-so for me, so it was nice to finally find another story in this series that engaged my attention better. Not to mention, I'm thrilled to finally be caught up to Acheron which is the book in the series I've been waiting to read for a long, long time. Although I've been tempted to skip ahead several times, I didn't want to miss any crucial pieces of the overall story arc. Therefore, I've been patiently biding my time and readin
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Why did I get the impression that Simone was playing a bit of Ghost Whisperer in this book? All the talking to ghosts and helping them cross over was way too similar to this show. Anyways, moving on… This was a decent book, nothing spectacular happening in it. Badass hero meets heroine, he’s an asshole to her but eventually he gets soft and they end up together. Love conquers and all that crap. Ok. I don’t mind this if the characters and story itself are interesting. This was mediocre.

Now, I wi
Ronda  Tutt
~Vixhen~
Finally…a dark hunter/dream hunter book that I really enjoyed! The story of Xypher and Simone was a joy to read. Xypher is half god, half demon who is hell bent on revenge against Satara, Stryker’s pain in the butt sister. She used and abused him, getting him thrown into Tartarus. Simone is the local ME who is friends with Tate, who is also a squire. Simone is also a little different. She can see and hear the dead. In fact, she lives with the Jesse who is a 17 year old ghost who is stuck in the ...more
AJ
"Sacrifice is for the weak. Hatred corrupts. Love destroys. Vengeance is the gift of the strong."

"May the gods have mercy on those who have wronged me because I will have no mercy for them."

And so it begins…

This is the story of Xypher, who we meet briefly (and I instantly loved) in Devil May Cry. As usual, he is an angry, tortured soul who is out for vengeance against the woman who betrayed him and damned him to an eternity of torture in hell. When he comes to the rescue of Simone, a ghost-seei
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
By far my favourite dream hunter book of the series.

As a skoti, Xypher still knows what emotions feel like and even though he has been seriously betrayed in the past he didn't do a good job of remaining detached. If anything this made him so much more adorable. Given his history he could have been a total ass but he wasn't. Gruff yes. Caustic definitely. Trust phobic oh yeah but still connected to the people around him.

Simone was his perfect counterpart. Despite her role dealing with the grisly
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Finally a Dream Hunter novel that is worthy of being included in the Dark Hunter books! I wish all the Dream Hunter books were like this. This story takes place in New Orleans and includes many of the Dark Hunters and Were Hunters ~ and especially Ash!! (I loved that most of all!)

Simone and Xypher's story was a bit intense because so much was revealed. I loved them together. I always love when the male feels unworthy and experiences kindness/love for the first time and appreciates it.

I think t
Amber
Wow! Wish I could give more than 5 stars. THAT was an awesome read!! Inhaled it in like 5 hours! Crazy intense and emotional. I just loove this series!! Annd now my beloved Acheron is up next! *squeeeeee* My kindle is named after The Simi :)
P.Z.
เราพบว่าเมื่อเป็นเรื่องที่เกี่ยวกับพรานล่าฝันแล้ว ทุกอย่างจะห้วนๆและง่ายๆ ไม่ได้สลับซับซ้อนเหมือนชุดพรานราตรี โดยเฉพาะตอนจบเล่มนี้ที่เราคิดว่าตัดได้ห้วนมากๆ ทั้งก่อนหน้านั้นที่ดูเหมือนจะปูทางมาอย่างดี พอใกล้ๆจบก็ค่อยๆดรอปลงซะงั้น อีกอย่างหนึ่งที่เราสังเกตได้คือ ... เราไม่รู้ว่านิสัยไซเฟอร์เปลี่ยนไปตอนไหนจากเข้มๆโหดๆในตอนแรกกลับกลายมาเป็นน่ารักมุ๊งมิ๊งตอนกลางเรื่องซะงั้น นี่เราพลาดอะไรไปหรือเปล่า ? ฮ่าๆๆ

เราอ่านข้ามเล่มนี้ก่อนที่จะเล่มของแอชรอนไปแบบไม่ได้ตั้งใจ ทั้งๆที่เอาหนังสือวางเรียงชุดไว้แล้ว
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Xypher uses his time on earth well: he finds Simone, friendship, love, and his purpose. His goal for his time away from Tartarus is to kill Satara because her cruelty was what landed him in hell in the first place. But after he meets Simone and Jesse his life changes. Simone discovers some secrets about her past and we find where the Charonte demons and the lone Dimme demon went to. Great read!!
Aranzazu Sanchez garcia
Como todos los de Sherrilyn me ha encantado. En esta ocasión el protagonista es el famoso Xypher, ese que durante libros parece uno de los malos, porque hay que recordar que es un demonio.

Pero, al final, todos tienen un corazón y, una chica que no es lo que parece, consigue traspasar sus barreras y luchan por ser felices pero, ¿Cual será el precio?
Sofia Teixeira

Opinião: Dentro dos livros de Literatura Fantástica, os que envolvem algum tipo de mitologia são sempre os meus preferidos. Seja de forma fidedigna ou apenas como um meio de criar um mundo diferente, toda a magia envolvente, com demandas, catástrofes, sacrifícios e paixões platónicas, quando bem estruturada e bem desenvolvida acaba sempre por me prender e tornar a leitura num vício. Só em Sonhos, décimo quarto livro da série Predadores da Noite, publicada pelas Edições Saída de Emergência, é mai
Carolina Carriço
I had no idea I missed these books and the Dark Hunter world so, so much! The characters are so amazing, the references to another books stunning, and all the different cultures and species of humanoid creatures are breathtaking. I love mythology and I love badass boys. Sherrilyn Kenyon gives me both and I thank her for that with all my heart.

I loved seeing Ash again, and a little more of Simi's family. I loved the references to Katra's and Kyrian's books. I miss Kyrian and his family and I wish
Zeek
I actually found this one enjoyable- much to my shock. (I was less than impressed with the first two Dream Hunter novels, hence the reason it took me so long to get to these two.)

In Dream Chaser, Xypher, because of his actions in the Dark Hunter novel Devil May Cry, has been released from imprisonment in Hades- for one month. He only has that amount of time to redeem himself or be sent back to hell (Tarturus) forever.

But Xypher doesn't know he can get out of his eternal damnation if he proves he
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Gwen Mitchell
I can sum my feelings about this book up in one word: Blah. Maybe my view is skewed since I wasn't inducted into the Dream Hunter world at it's inception, and everything since has been done again and again and again. Or maybe it's something specific about Ms. Kenyon's writing. I can't be sure until I read something else from the series. Which, I will. Obviously, she's doing something right. But on this one . . . blah. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it.

First off - it was sparse. I read it in tw
Jaime
I was underwhelmed by the last two Dream Hunter books. I felt the characterization was weak and the romances had little basis. Moreover, they lacked the familiarity of the D-H world. Thankfully, this novel hit the mark perfectly. I was engrossed from the very beginning and did not put the book down until I finished it.

Xypher was interesting and three-dimensional - he was more than simply "I have no emotion, but I like yours, so let's be a couple." I liked him and his bad attitude. And I felt the
Wendy Gina Ewurum
Who’s Who
Xypher half god and half demon, tricked by his former lover Satara (a goddess) to give up his life for her
Simone, a medical examiner and university professor who deals with matters of the supernatural nature on the sideline.
Jesse is a ghost and constant companion to Simone. She is the only human that can see him.
This Was Hot.
I loved this book. From page one there is action and intrigue as we meet Xypher leaving his cell of eternal torture in Tartarus on a month’s reprieve.
The many twi
Kathy
Edna Lyn
The Dream Chaser is the best of the Dream-Hunter books. It did seem a little short but it engaged me the entire time. Also I can just see things are brewing up for Acheron's story. So excited!

I easily fell for both the hero and heroine. Xypher is intense and aggressive but he grew so much throughout the book into someone really tender and endearing. And Simone was a wonderful counterpart. She had a horrible experience in her past but she's so full of life and very sweet. Xypher and Simone along
Kenyons Minions: Dream Chaser BOTM 43 31 Oct 01, 2014 09:22AM
Shut Up & Read: Dark-Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon 1247 292 Jun 01, 2014 07:21PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 14 Dream Chaser (July 16 to 31) 17 17 Dec 01, 2013 10:56PM
Xypher? 8 83 Mar 29, 2013 05:15PM
Frikin awesome 17 41 Mar 28, 2013 01:21PM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Sword of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #1)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Dark Possession (Dark #18)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)

“My father used to say that life is what you make it. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. You can’t change the past, but the future isn’t set in stone. You can effect a change there. Move forward not with hatred or love. Move forward with purpose. (Simone)” 221 likes
“Ironically no one ever wants to hear what I have to say about anything. They usually argue with me to the point I want to put them through a wall. Hopefully you won’t be so dense. (Acheron)” 81 likes