Start by marking “The Tibetan Book of Meditation” as Want to Read:
The Tibetan Book of Meditation
Preview

The Tibetan Book of Meditation

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Meditation helps us relax, sharpens our minds, and increases our creativity. In The Tibetan Book of Meditation, Lama Christie McNally demonstrates that meditation also provides a much greater gift. It awakens our innate potential to shape our reality, to make moments of joy last forever, and to bring us the peace and contentment that we all ultimately seek.

Written in an i
Published May 19th 2009 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Tibetan Book of Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tibetan Book of Meditation

Alex
I read this book as a new-commer to Buddhism. I am a Catholic for some value thereof, and it was fascinating. I have also looked at the Dalai Lama's 'The Art of Happiness', and I sort of wanted a book that would tell me how to meditate having been instructed thusly that meditation was part of the answer. From that perspective this book was perfect. It offered a detailed and in-depth guide on Tibetan Buddhist meditation practices that could actively help me to alter my mental attitude. The more d ...more
John
the perfect handbook for your bodhisattva practice, no matter where you are in your path. Lama Christie is such an amazingly clear writer and teacher. step-by-step she guides you toward getting the most out of your meditation. also loved the book's interior design. fonts that comfort and encourage at the same time, like her voice. nice b&w illustrations. thank you thank you.

12/2/11
just re-read for the third or 4th time. keeps getting better and better. the first time i read it, i was new to
Lori Mclane
I buy multiple copies of this book and give one to people who I think will love it too. Lama Christie McNally is an amazing writer and if you are interested in anything at all about buddhism, she is amazingly clear and direct in her ability to help others find their own path to enlightenment. Even if you aren't a buddhist, her insights into making your world and the world around you a better place is incredible.
Jenna
I really enjoyed this book. It's concepts are profound but communicated in an understandable, conversational way. I also found the author's description of her three year retreat fascinating. This book has inspired me to revive my daily meditation practice.
Patrick
Jenneen
I think this book can help some people spiritually and improve their meditation technique. That said, I read this book with mainly the intention of improving my meditation practice. Instead it turned out to be, for me, more a religious book. An additional reason for reading this was to learn to be more at peace with living through meditation, but the part about going through intense pain when you die unless you meditate..............................ya... didn't help. But it offers a youthful per ...more
Francine
This is for both Buddhists and no-Buddhists. The author writes clearly and with great insight. I particularly liked the gentle repetition, which so many of us need.

This is a good book for beginners as well as those practiced in the art of meditation.
Viet Hung Nguyen
This is an excellent book about meditation topic. I found quite many good points in practices for my meditation from the book. It's simple, it's clear, and it's practical. I would have to re-read this one more and more to learn and practice all of the things Lama Christie McNally has tried to shared in the book. That'll be a wonderful journey for me... to learn more and understand more about my true-self. Thanks for such clarity you have put into words, Lama Christie McNally.
Cory Pontius
Life changing book. I recommend this book to anyone looking for spiritual enlightenment as well as a meditation guide. Lama christie does an amazing job of making it easy for ppl to understand and visualize what's being taught. this ones at the top of my reading list.
Danielle
This is a really nice way to learn about meditation and take up a meditation practice. It contains step by step instructions on many meditations. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to start meditating.
Dang Thi
Mar 27, 2013 Dang Thi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i like tibetan buddhism
I want to learn how to meditate
Vladimir
This has been a most helpful book - one of the best and most applicable instruction books on meditation I have found, and I have tried several over the last five years or so. Highly recommend it if you are into this kind of thing.
Imad Dahmani
Imad Dahmani marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Gemma Tido
Gemma Tido marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Bookwench69
Bookwench69 marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Arunkumar Chettiraj
Arunkumar Chettiraj is currently reading it
Jan 30, 2015
Eleazer Wulff
Eleazer Wulff marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Mila
Mila added it
Jan 12, 2015
Pedro Moura
Pedro Moura marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Whitney Keller
Whitney Keller marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Turia Madi
Turia Madi marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Jorge Aguilar Vial
Jorge Aguilar Vial marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
1320993
Lama Christie McNally trained in Tibetan monasteries in India and Nepal, and received extensive instruction in all the texts required for a Geshe degree, which is traditionally a 20-year course of study. From there, she immersed herself in the secret teachings of Buddhism. She is one of the first Western women to be recognized as a Lama. Through her efforts, she has begun to change the face of Bud ...more
More about Christie McNally...
Two as One: A Journey to Yoga King of the Dharma: The Illustrated Life of Je Tsongkapa, Teacher of the First Dalai Lama The Ultimate Step-By-Step to Meditation The Diamond Cutter: The Buddha On Managing Your Business And Your Life The Essential Yoga Sutra: Ancient Wisdom for Your Yoga

“The second kind of pain is interesting, for it is what we would normally call pleasure.” 0 likes
“Everything you see, feel, hear, taste, smell, or even think of is a projection.” 0 likes