Start by marking “The Tibetan Book of Meditation” as Want to Read:
The Tibetan Book of Meditation

The Tibetan Book of Meditation

Meditation helps us relax, sharpens our minds, and increases our creativity. In The Tibetan Book of Meditation, Lama Christie McNally demonstrates that meditation also provides a much greater gift. It awakens our innate potential to shape our reality, to make moments of joy last forever, and to bring us the peace and contentment that we all ultimately seek.

Written in an i
Published May 19th 2009 by Harmony (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Tibetan Book of Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tibetan Book of Meditation

Alex
Nov 29, 2009 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as a new-commer to Buddhism. I am a Catholic for some value thereof, and it was fascinating. I have also looked at the Dalai Lama's 'The Art of Happiness', and I sort of wanted a book that would tell me how to meditate having been instructed thusly that meditation was part of the answer. From that perspective this book was perfect. It offered a detailed and in-depth guide on Tibetan Buddhist meditation practices that could actively help me to alter my mental attitude. The more d ...more
John
Jun 05, 2009 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the perfect handbook for your bodhisattva practice, no matter where you are in your path. Lama Christie is such an amazingly clear writer and teacher. step-by-step she guides you toward getting the most out of your meditation. also loved the book's interior design. fonts that comfort and encourage at the same time, like her voice. nice b&w illustrations. thank you thank you.

12/2/11
just re-read for the third or 4th time. keeps getting better and better. the first time i read it, i was new to
Lori Mclane
I buy multiple copies of this book and give one to people who I think will love it too. Lama Christie McNally is an amazing writer and if you are interested in anything at all about buddhism, she is amazingly clear and direct in her ability to help others find their own path to enlightenment. Even if you aren't a buddhist, her insights into making your world and the world around you a better place is incredible.
Jenna
Jul 24, 2011 Jenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddhist-books
I really enjoyed this book. It's concepts are profound but communicated in an understandable, conversational way. I also found the author's description of her three year retreat fascinating. This book has inspired me to revive my daily meditation practice.
Vladimir
Sep 05, 2010 Vladimir rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been a most helpful book - one of the best and most applicable instruction books on meditation I have found, and I have tried several over the last five years or so. Highly recommend it if you are into this kind of thing.
Patrick
Sep 19, 2012 Patrick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jenneen
Dec 01, 2009 Jenneen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book can help some people spiritually and improve their meditation technique. That said, I read this book with mainly the intention of improving my meditation practice. Instead it turned out to be, for me, more a religious book. An additional reason for reading this was to learn to be more at peace with living through meditation, but the part about going through intense pain when you die unless you meditate..............................ya... didn't help. But it offers a youthful per ...more
Viet Hung Nguyen
This is an excellent book about meditation topic. I found quite many good points in practices for my meditation from the book. It's simple, it's clear, and it's practical. I would have to re-read this one more and more to learn and practice all of the things Lama Christie McNally has tried to shared in the book. That'll be a wonderful journey for me... to learn more and understand more about my true-self. Thanks for such clarity you have put into words, Lama Christie McNally.
Cory Pontius
Jun 14, 2012 Cory Pontius rated it it was amazing
Life changing book. I recommend this book to anyone looking for spiritual enlightenment as well as a meditation guide. Lama christie does an amazing job of making it easy for ppl to understand and visualize what's being taught. this ones at the top of my reading list.
Michael E.
The book was an interesting one, it gives many great ideas for meditative practices, mixed with Buddhist Philosophy. There so many times I was really into it, until things like "angels" were mentioned and I was pulled out due to my own way of thinking, still the merits outweigh the distractions.
Danielle
Aug 12, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really nice way to learn about meditation and take up a meditation practice. It contains step by step instructions on many meditations. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to start meditating.
Francine
Apr 17, 2014 Francine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is for both Buddhists and no-Buddhists. The author writes clearly and with great insight. I particularly liked the gentle repetition, which so many of us need.

This is a good book for beginners as well as those practiced in the art of meditation.
Dang Thi
Mar 27, 2013 Dang Thi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i like tibetan buddhism
I want to learn how to meditate
Molly Conley
Molly Conley rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Whitney
Whitney rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2013
Steven Havre
Steven Havre rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2011
Jelynn
Jelynn rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2010
Anthony
Anthony rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2011
Huy Nguyen
Huy Nguyen rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2011
Ruby
Ruby rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
Iain Young
Iain Young rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Brittney
Brittney rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2011
Brittany Colby
Brittany Colby rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2011
Pedro Moura
Pedro Moura rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2017
Maryann
Maryann rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
1320993
Lama Christie McNally trained in Tibetan monasteries in India and Nepal, and received extensive instruction in all the texts required for a Geshe degree, which is traditionally a 20-year course of study. From there, she immersed herself in the secret teachings of Buddhism. She is one of the first Western women to be recognized as a Lama. Through her efforts, she has begun to change the face of Bud ...more
More about Christie McNally...

“The second kind of pain is interesting, for it is what we would normally call pleasure.” 0 likes
“Everything you see, feel, hear, taste, smell, or even think of is a projection.” 0 likes