Start by marking “Nobody's Perfect” as Want to Read:
Nobody's Perfect

Nobody's Perfect

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Nella Covington can't believe she's agreed to marry the arrogant Samuel L. du Cannon, even if it is only a marriage for convenience. He needs a mother for his small son, and she needs to keep her beloved childhood home. But will she be able to stand his egotistical attitude? His domineering manner?

But Jake is such a darling little boy! And he's already captured her heart.

Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 1st 2001)

Daisiemae
Apr 02, 2008 Daisiemae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Quick and easy romance readers/BBW-Handsome Hero storyline
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Read book previously by her
If you are looking for a light, easy read then this book is for you. Pat Ballard writes about larger heriones finding love with handsome heroes.
I liked that the herione never apologized or felt bad about being a larger woman. She proudly wore her curves and wasn't ashamed of her body, like so many BBW novels out there. She was a nurturer and had ALOT of patience dealing with the hero.
Nella and Sam get married with the understanding that it will be a marriage of convience. She is alone, and clo
Kimberly
Nov 07, 2010 Kimberly rated it it was ok
"Rubenesque Romance" was a book I stumbled on at the public library and this author is coined the best of the genre because she writes motivational novels with full beautiful woman heroines to show plus size woman can be sexy, romantic and exciting as the typical slim leading lady. It was an interesting sub-genre but I found it to be a bit preachy and focused too much on the fact that the heroine was plus size. The man who was attracted to her was slim, handsome and athletic- double standard? Th ...more
Ivy Deluca
Oct 17, 2012 Ivy Deluca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The premise is the standard marriage of convenience that turns to love. I have no issues with it since I believe that it's the way you tell the story that really counts. I enjoy reading about a plus size heroine who actually likes herself and doesn't feel the need to change. I had hoped to like this, but just couldn't.

The writing left so much to be desired. There was a whole lot of telling me how the characters felt, and not enough showing me through their actions and words. The dialogue is subp
Cathy
What an incredible disappointment. The premise of the story was rather cute, and I'll admit, there were pockets of satisfaction here and there, but the writing overall was truly atrocious with a lack of research and overflow of preaching... it was so frustrating knowing that this could have been a decent story.

I can suspend belief in fiction; it's expected. But authors that require the reader to suspend intelligence is just insulting. I am *this* close to writing to Ms. Ballard and asking her wh
Beth
Jul 13, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Being full figured myself, I found Nella's attitude about life refreshing and somewhat inspirational! It's not always easy to keep an attitude of acceptance when society places such importance on being thin and "attractive". Nella understood beauty is from within and served as a great reminder for me. This message came at a needed time.

While others have not rated this very high, I did! I appreciate seeing "like" women as the heroine!

I especially liked the message from the
Christine Strowbridge
booo, yuck! wow - I'm on a roll with the bad books. Poorly written, no flow, choppy, lame, meh...I ran out of coherent adjective. lol

Rezz
Rezz rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
RIA Kherid
RIA Kherid marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Raquel E. Herrera
Raquel E. Herrera rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Maya Koski
Maya Koski rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
JenJ
JenJ added it
Feb 11, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Imzadi
Imzadi added it
Aug 09, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Magali -
Magali - rated it liked it
May 23, 2015
Alda
Alda rated it liked it
May 01, 2015
Lorena
Lorena rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Silke
Silke rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2015
Katherine Lima
Katherine Lima marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
jeni
jeni rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Naseeba Kaskar
Naseeba Kaskar marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Bonolo
Bonolo marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Tanchel
Tanchel rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014