Start by marking “Hope (Brides of the West, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hope (Brides of the West, #3)

Hope (Brides of the West #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  1,319 ratings  ·  52 reviews
1999 winner of ARTemis award for best cover (Inspirational category) The best-selling Brides of the West series continues with book 3, "Hope." As Hope leaves Michigan for Kentucky as a mail-order bride, she is waylaid by bumbling outlaws, gets mixed up in a family feud, and is kidnapped yet again Through it all she learns how God works everything together for good for his ...more
Published October 1st 1999 by Heartquest (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversAs Sure as the Dawn by Francine RiversThe Silent Governess by Julie Klassen
Best Christian Historical Fiction
235th out of 821 books — 862 voters
Leaper by Geoffrey  WoodRedeeming Love by Francine RiversThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  WoodThe Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany TullisSilenced 2 by RaeBeth McGee-Buda
Read this Christian Fiction!
265th out of 306 books — 220 voters

More lists with this book...

Tamara
HOPE was by far my favorite book in the series. When Hope Kallahan leaves Michigan to meet the man she has agreed to married, she begins an adventure the likes of which she could've never imagined. When her stage is robbed, she is kidnapped and presumed to be the daughter of a senator. Her bumbling captures refuse to believe her when she tries to identify herself and she soon realizes she is dealing with a hopeless band of misfits. Though "Grunt" seems to be the only sane one in the bunch, he to ...more
Miss Clark
Kate
This was a quick read and enjoyable. Just your run of the mill story about a boy meeting a girl. There is a little religous overtone. I enjoy this author because I know I won't be surprised with a smutty bedroom scene. Thank you to Lori Copeland. Very enjoyable.
Michelle
Hope Kallahan, like her sisters, is leaving the comfort of home to become a mail-order bride. Her father, who was a pastor, has passed away, and the sisters don't want to be a burden on their aunt. Since there are no eligible men in her hometown, the sisters decide answering ads for mail-order brides is the only choice they have. While Hope is traveling, her stage is robbed and she is kidnapped. The outlaws think they have a senator's daughter, and Hope worries what will happen to her if they fi ...more
Kathryn
Annalisa
I am really enjoying this Christian historical romances

From The Library Journal:
"Want to hear God laugh? Tell him what you got planned for your life." Those words ring in 1870s federal agent Dan Sullivan's ears as he shelves his retirement to infiltrate a band of payroll thieves. He didn't expect to meet stubborn mail-order bride Hope Kallahan, who gets kidnapped by the gang and held for ransom, or that she would be a veritable magnet for danger. As she intimidates hardened criminals into cleani
Heather
Initially, I had a hard time getting into this book-- it felt like just another Christian romance, but after persisting, the story won me over. The overall plot was predictable, but the character of Hope really made me laugh, and the crazy circumstances the characters got into also had me laughing. I love when an author dosn't take herself too seriously.

This book was a nice contrast to the last book I read-- both characters were struggling with religious doubts, but I thought the character in th
Micaela
I really enjoyed this book. It was full of humor, twists and turns, and lots of adventure and faith. The only thing about it I didn't care for was toward the end, Hope (thinking to herself) said that when it came to love, one had to follow one's heart. Her only correction to that was that in her case she couldn't as she was promised to one man and in love with another. Jeremiah 17:9 states that "“The heart is deceitful above all things,And desperately wicked;Who can know it?"
other than that, I t
Lynda
Mail-Order Bride series -- Hope is Book 3. An enjoyable read.
joyce lynn
back when my son was killed, i learned that God DOES work ALL things out for the good, and that even in the bad, there is not only good to be found, but lessons needed.

this book was a poignant reminder of that, altho, thankfully, MUCH easier way to receive it than my original lesson!!!

this book was exciting, funny, scary ... most emotions, all rolled up into one quick, good, fun, great novel!

since all 3 sisters have already been covered, i'm now even more anxious to see how the family is tied in
Megan
This book was at times scary but very romantic!! :)
Judie
I might call this a western romance-adventure. I've read all of these mail order bride books, but thought I'd get a few from the library since I remember liking them, but wasn't sure how much I liked them. I think her books are fun to read. This was one of the better ones, and I enjoyed the humor. They are quick and easy to read; not too much introspection here, but light and fun, with an appropriately happy ending, which is great for a little diversion.
Nicole
Hope was my absolute, hands down favorite of the Brides of the West series! The setting was just wonderful: A young woman kidnapped when her identity is mistaken, and an agent who is working undercover to route the group of thugs who have taken her.
I laughed so hard as I read this book! Side-splitting laughs! I know not everyone will find this story as humorous as I did, but its definitely worth a read to find out if you do!
Gloria
Oh my goodness this is such a fun read! It has non stop action from beginning to end, as well as the story of what happened with Hope's soon-to-be husband. Hope learned a valuable lesson on trusting God and hindsight is 20/20.

It also has a very simple conversation about how to become a Christian. I liked that it had not only people who were listening, but also push back.
Highland-dreamer
I loved this 3rd book in the series. It was the only one that lived up to the advertising of being both lighthearted AND funny. I though Hope's forgetfulness was humorous as well as indicative of her semi-spoiled upbringing. Her and Dan were constantly plagued by delays and injuries. I just thought that overall, it was a great story.
Shelley
3.5 stars, really. I liked it, but it didn't seem very historical for historical fiction. The dialogue seemed off. I loved the characters that Hope and Dan interacted with (goat included), but didn't really feel like I knew them very well. I'd love to know more about John and Ginger, too. Ginger was awesome.
Jody
The best one of the three Kallahan sister's if you ask me. All kinds of trouble. She gets kidnapped multiple times, seriously sick, caught up in a family feud, and decides to take care of random strangers along the way. My only question is did Dan get his saddle back?
Teya
THis was a good inspiring book. To some it may sound a bit preachy, but I really liked it. Well writen and I'm a sucker for the whole stubborn at first then wow I guess I am in love duh. Thing, that's kinda my story so I'm a bit partial to it.
Gillian
The best Christian book I've ever read, and one of the best bo books ever.
It challenges your faith in Jesus as Hope is challenged during the book. Not only is the romantic part of the plot fantastic, so is the moral of the story.
Justina
I like this author. These books were a part of a mail order bride series that was fun to read. Good clean books, but with all authors after reading too many of their books in a row they all blend together as the same.
Sherri
This final book in the trilogy was little more adventurous. Hope has more spunk and the team work through mishaps is enjoyable. Have faith even when it seems that everything in life is going wrong at all the same time.
Aliess
I have now read several of Lori Copelands Books. Anyone who wants a quick, clean, christian romance will enjoy these. I wouldn't call them lierary masterpieces, but they are fun. Thanks Nicole for the recomendation!
Chris
Third in the series, this mail order bride gets mistakenly kinapped on the way to meet her husband. More action than the other two in that this one has a government agent working undercover in a band of outlaws.
Michelle
Of the first three books in the Brides of the West series, Hope was definitely my favorite! I loved the action, adventure, and interesting circumstances that led Hope to the future God had planned for her!
Rachel
This novel was well-written and entertaining. The characters are well developed, and I adored Hope and her story. Many of her predicaments were hysterical, and I was so happy with how it ended.
Brooke
My daughter loves to pick out books for me and I was worried when she picked this. I was pleasantly surprised. It is not a huggy kissy sloppy romance. I enjoyed it.
Kiri
The pretty girl out of three mail order bride sisters. She finds herself surrounded by outlaws and lies. I truly loved this whole series
Barb
Another good book by Copeland. She definitely has a way of holding my attention. You don't always know how the book will go.
Hannah
This book was amazing - cowboys, outlaws, kidnapping and just the perfect amount of romance makes this novel great entertainment!
  • Prairie Fire (A Town Called Hope, #2)
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
  • Sean Donovan (The Californians, #3)
  • A Lady Like Sarah (A Rocky Creek Romance, #1)
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • A Bride for Donnigan
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #3)
  • Remembered (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #3)
  • The Tender Vine (The Diamond of the Rockies #3)
Lori lives in the beautiful Ozarks with her husband Lance. Lance and Lori have three sons, three daughter-in-laws, and six wonderful grandchildren, and two great-granddaughters.

Lance and Lori are very involved in their church, and active in supporting mission work in Mali, West Africa.

Lori began her writing career in 1982, writing for the secular book market. In 1995, after many years of writing,
More about Lori Copeland...
Faith  (Brides of the West #1) Glory (Brides of the West, #4) June (Brides of the West, #2) Ruth (Brides of the West #5) Patience  (Brides of the West, #6)