Start by marking “Hope (Brides of the West, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hope (Brides of the West, #3)

Hope (Brides of the West #3)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  1,704 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
1999 winner of ARTemis award for best cover! (Inspirational category) The best-selling Brides of the West series continues with book 3, "Hope." As Hope leaves Michigan for Kentucky as a mail-order bride, she is waylaid by bumbling outlaws, gets mixed up in a family feud, and is kidnapped yet again! Through it all she learns how God works everything together for good for hi ...more
Published October 1st 1999 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 1999)

Tamara Tilley
Jan 23, 2016 Tamara Tilley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lori-copeland, own
HOPE was by far my favorite book in the series. When Hope Kallahan leaves Michigan to meet the man she has agreed to married, she begins an adventure the likes of which she could've never imagined. When her stage is robbed, she is kidnapped and presumed to be the daughter of a senator. Her bumbling captures refuse to believe her when she tries to identify herself and she soon realizes she is dealing with a hopeless band of misfits. Though "Grunt" seems to be the only sane one in the bunch, he to ...more
Miss Clark
Feb 08, 2014 Miss Clark rated it it was ok
Debbie West
Sep 05, 2015 Debbie West rated it liked it
This is supposed to be a funny western romance. I read a couple of funny lines, but that's pretty much the end of comedy. Hope constantly goes back & forth from being brave to scared, she's a pastor's daughter, but doesn't believe God is watching over her, constantly doubting, yet praying. I wished she's make up her mind! Hope did show a little spunk when kidnapped, then showed humor for the first time after staying in a house 2 nights with a pig, wishing she could eat some poke greens with ...more
Kate
Mar 07, 2010 Kate rated it really liked it
This was a quick read and enjoyable. Just your run of the mill story about a boy meeting a girl. There is a little religous overtone. I enjoy this author because I know I won't be surprised with a smutty bedroom scene. Thank you to Lori Copeland. Very enjoyable.
Angela
One of my favorite Christian fiction novels!! Historical, Adventurous, Suspenseful, Romantic, Hilarious, Adorable!! I first read Hope several years ago but recently decided to reread it and am so glad that I did!! Dan and Hope find themselves in one crazy circumstance after another and I wear a goofy grin the whole time I'm reading about them!! Hope's story starts off as a mail order bride on her way to meet and marry a man she knows only through a few letters when her stage coach is held up, sh ...more
Michelle
Jul 18, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Hope Kallahan, like her sisters, is leaving the comfort of home to become a mail-order bride. Her father, who was a pastor, has passed away, and the sisters don't want to be a burden on their aunt. Since there are no eligible men in her hometown, the sisters decide answering ads for mail-order brides is the only choice they have. While Hope is traveling, her stage is robbed and she is kidnapped. The outlaws think they have a senator's daughter, and Hope worries what will happen to her if they fi ...more
Kathryn
Jan 01, 2011 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Cricket
Jun 29, 2016 Cricket rated it it was amazing
This third book in this series was very good. Hope, the third of the sisters to leave to become a mail order bride, of course, encounters trouble to her promised husband to be. No one (except in movies and books) has ALL this bad luck. Some of her problems are funny, self imposed but all are interesting adventures. The book does not preach at you through the book, just occasionally, just good clean reading. I am sure you will like Hope and her travels.
Jenni C
Nov 20, 2014 Jenni C rated it really liked it
I loved the plot and the humorous banter between the characters. I loved Hopes recitation of the scriptures before actually knowing them...isn't that what everyone does?! :) my only cons with the story were the abrupt time lapses...which were necessary...isn't get that...and I admired Dan for the way he acted towards Hope but I wished for just a little more romance. the book had magic and chemistry already. very nice read. I am a Lori Copeland fan :)
Annalisa
Mar 20, 2012 Annalisa rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this Christian historical romances

From The Library Journal:
"Want to hear God laugh? Tell him what you got planned for your life." Those words ring in 1870s federal agent Dan Sullivan's ears as he shelves his retirement to infiltrate a band of payroll thieves. He didn't expect to meet stubborn mail-order bride Hope Kallahan, who gets kidnapped by the gang and held for ransom, or that she would be a veritable magnet for danger. As she intimidates hardened criminals into cleani
Tierra
Jan 20, 2015 Tierra rated it liked it
My favorite of the three. The romance was a little more believable and it was just fun seeing how many problems they kept on coming upon.
Bree
Aug 09, 2015 Bree rated it really liked it
Cute story a mail order bride gets kidnapped on her way to meet her groom. Contains Lots of christian dialogue.
Heather
Aug 27, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
My Review (10/23/2012): Initially, I had a hard time getting into this book-- it felt like just another Christian romance, but after persisting, the story won me over. The overall plot was predictable, but the character of Hope really made me laugh, and the crazy circumstances the characters got into also had me laughing. I love when an author dosn't take herself too seriously.

This book was a nice contrast to the last book I read-- both characters were struggling with religious doubts, but I tho
Micaela
Sep 18, 2013 Micaela rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was full of humor, twists and turns, and lots of adventure and faith. The only thing about it I didn't care for was toward the end, Hope (thinking to herself) said that when it came to love, one had to follow one's heart. Her only correction to that was that in her case she couldn't as she was promised to one man and in love with another. Jeremiah 17:9 states that "“The heart is deceitful above all things,And desperately wicked;Who can know it?"
other than that, I t
Lynda
Mar 27, 2014 Lynda rated it really liked it
Mail-Order Bride series -- Hope is Book 3. An enjoyable read.
joyce lynn
Dec 03, 2008 joyce lynn rated it it was amazing
back when my son was killed, i learned that God DOES work ALL things out for the good, and that even in the bad, there is not only good to be found, but lessons needed.

this book was a poignant reminder of that, altho, thankfully, MUCH easier way to receive it than my original lesson!!!

this book was exciting, funny, scary ... most emotions, all rolled up into one quick, good, fun, great novel!

since all 3 sisters have already been covered, i'm now even more anxious to see how the family is tied in
Megan
Mar 21, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
This book was at times scary but very romantic!! :)
puppitypup
Feb 03, 2015 puppitypup rated it did not like it
Christian Romance Poorly written with an unlikeable heroine and an average rating of 4.11 stars. That's why I can't trust the ratings on Christian fiction.
Debbie Turner
Dec 07, 2014 Debbie Turner rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book in the Bride of the West series by Lori Copeland.
Nancy Westray
Aug 13, 2015 Nancy Westray rated it really liked it
Very good book. Cant wait to read the next one
Judie
Aug 26, 2008 Judie rated it really liked it
I might call this a western romance-adventure. I've read all of these mail order bride books, but thought I'd get a few from the library since I remember liking them, but wasn't sure how much I liked them. I think her books are fun to read. This was one of the better ones, and I enjoyed the humor. They are quick and easy to read; not too much introspection here, but light and fun, with an appropriately happy ending, which is great for a little diversion.
Nicole
Hope was my absolute, hands down favorite of the Brides of the West series! The setting was just wonderful: A young woman kidnapped when her identity is mistaken, and an agent who is working undercover to route the group of thugs who have taken her.
I laughed so hard as I read this book! Side-splitting laughs! I know not everyone will find this story as humorous as I did, but its definitely worth a read to find out if you do!
Robyne
Feb 08, 2016 Robyne rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Christian romance with a lot of humor and fun. When Hope's father dies, not wanting to become a burden on her family, she decides to become a mail order bride. Unfortunately she is kidnapped on the way to meet her future husband. Fortunately one of her kidnappers is undercover government agent Dan. Dan makes it his mission to save Hope and deliver her to her betrothed. However their journey is by no means an easy one.
Anna
Apr 11, 2016 Anna rated it it was ok
I knew starting this book that it would have a cliche plot line and probably fairly cliche characters, but I was shocked at how, well cheesey this book was. From start to finish I could guess what was going to happen without fail. Also i think Copeland was trying to make it a comedy but the humor was just as predictable as everything else. I don't really recommend this as it was an easy read not worth my time.
Melissa
Hope has a very good plot, although the characters could have been better developed. It is a sweet story, but like the others in the series, shallow and a light read.
Gloria
Jun 06, 2014 Gloria rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness this is such a fun read! It has non stop action from beginning to end, as well as the story of what happened with Hope's soon-to-be husband. Hope learned a valuable lesson on trusting God and hindsight is 20/20.

It also has a very simple conversation about how to become a Christian. I liked that it had not only people who were listening, but also push back.
Highland-dreamer
Nov 21, 2011 Highland-dreamer rated it really liked it
I loved this 3rd book in the series. It was the only one that lived up to the advertising of being both lighthearted AND funny. I though Hope's forgetfulness was humorous as well as indicative of her semi-spoiled upbringing. Her and Dan were constantly plagued by delays and injuries. I just thought that overall, it was a great story.
Shelley
3.5 stars, really. I liked it, but it didn't seem very historical for historical fiction. The dialogue seemed off. I loved the characters that Hope and Dan interacted with (goat included), but didn't really feel like I knew them very well. I'd love to know more about John and Ginger, too. Ginger was awesome.
Jody
Sep 29, 2011 Jody rated it liked it
The best one of the three Kallahan sister's if you ask me. All kinds of trouble. She gets kidnapped multiple times, seriously sick, caught up in a family feud, and decides to take care of random strangers along the way. My only question is did Dan get his saddle back?
  • Prairie Storm (A Town Called Hope, #3)
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
  • City Girl (Yellow Rose, #3)
  • A Lady Like Sarah (A Rocky Creek Romance, #1)
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • The Coming Storm (Heirs of Montana, #2)
  • Remembered (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #3)
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...

Brides of the West (6 books)
  • Faith  (Brides of the West #1)
  • June (Brides of the West, #2)
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • Ruth (Brides of the West #5)
  • Patience  (Brides of the West, #6)