Start by marking “Where Angels Walk” as Want to Read:
Where Angels Walk

Where Angels Walk

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  290 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
If you believe in angels, then you will rejoice in this thrilling collection of stories attesting to angelic intervention in human affairs. If you do not believe, you may find yourself wavering as you read true stories of intervention. This exhilarating book offers overwhelming evidence that heavenly beings are very much with us -- combating evil, bringing news, warning of ...more
Published July 7th 1993 by Ballantine Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Where Angels Walk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Angels Walk

Deanna
Mar 06, 2016 Deanna rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the short stories-an uplift for the day.
Wendy Arnott
Mar 04, 2014 Wendy Arnott rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book.. a great reminder that instead of resorting to fear in potentially dangerous situations and swearing (which is probably the majority's first response!) to pray or request and see our angels intervene! A blessing to come across this book
Midge
Nov 07, 2015 Midge rated it liked it
I gave this book to my Mother for Christmas in 1995. She died 10 years ago, and I found it while cleaning out the family home this spring after the passing of my Father.
I enjoyed the reports and descriptions of those who have been miraculously helped in a personal crisis after invoking the intercession of their Guardian Angel. I do believe in angels. In fact, I pray to my own Guardian every night. This is an enlightening and enjoyable book.
Maureen Mcgrath
Oct 26, 2014 Maureen Mcgrath rated it it was amazing
This was a Reread for me and just like the first time I loved this book. In a world that can (if you let it) drain us of hope, distract us from our real purpose, or fill us with fear, this simple read is a light in the dark, an uplifting reminder that we are not ever alone and to keep looking up. I love this book and always recommend it to others.
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Nov 07, 2015 ღ☆ღ Brenda rated it it was amazing
This book is full of stories that will make you a believer if your not already!
The stories are true and give you hope in this cruel world. Touching stories, a few that will bring you to tears and a few that give you goose bumps. The kind of goose bumps that come from the Holy Spirit! Loved this book and I plan to read again in future.
Pam Jessen
Jul 09, 2012 Pam Jessen rated it really liked it
This book was a nice little read, especially if you believe in angels, like I do. Told several heart-warming (true!) stories, many of which I shared with my kids, who were fascinated. :) Some stories were better than others, and after a while, it got a little old (reading so many similar stories.) But in general, I really liked it and some of the stories will stick with me. This was nice because this was written by an actual author. Very often, I steer away from non-fiction works because the aut ...more
Linda Mott
Jan 31, 2016 Linda Mott rated it it was amazing
Another Thrift store find that I am enjoying very much. Short stories for those of us that believe in angels. Beautiful cover! This will go on my keeper shelf and be read again.
Diane Wachter
Mar 01, 2016 Diane Wachter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
Where Angels Walk: True Stories of Heavenly Visitors, Joan Webster Anderson, PB-B @ 1992, 10/00. True stories of Angel interventions in human life. Very inspiring.
Holly Harrison Tran
Nov 16, 2014 Holly Harrison Tran rated it liked it
I had this book as a child and recently found a copy at the Goodwill. I enjoy reading the short stories to my 9 year old daughter.
John Hollinger
Jun 22, 2014 John Hollinger rated it liked it
Some good inspiring stories but I have a little problem with the stories where people pray to angels. I do not see anywhere in scripture where we are taught to do so. Angels are God's agents and should draw people to Him. Our focus should not be on the angels.
April Rudolph
Feb 26, 2015 April Rudolph rated it it was amazing
Lovely true short stories which will boost your faith.
Tina Janes
Nov 12, 2015 Tina Janes rated it it was amazing
LOVED these true stories of Angel interventions!
Melva Clark
Shelves: angels
Wonderful book.
Rosi Guastella
Aug 21, 2013 Rosi Guastella rated it really liked it
Do you believe in angels? If you do, you will love this book. If you don't believe in angels, be careful, you will probably start believing in them after reading it. Its collection of true stories gives us a beautiful, heartwarming and inspirational view of the heavenly beings. I have read it several times throughout the years, and the stories always amaze me. It is truly a gem.
Read this book if you want to renew your spirit, strengthen your faith or uplift your soul. You will not be disappointe
Leti806
May 01, 2014 Leti806 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed re-reading this book, with my husband this time around. The stories inspire and let you see events of extraordinary things that just can't be explained away. It is a good book to read when you want to be uplifted.
PAULINA
May 01, 2013 PAULINA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple but concrete, incredible but true. This book is just amazing! In reference to Angels I would recommend one story about a soldier wounded in Korea and his mysterious fellow. It is so moving and it`s the best story about Angels I have ever read!
Julie
Jan 11, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Some of the stories gave me chills, but basically it was too tied into religion for me. You're probably thinking "Why in the world would you read a book about Angels and not expect religion"....I did expect some religion, just not so much. I've actually heard some of these stories before and it's enough to keep you interested...and I'll stop there.
Mary
Dec 14, 2008 Mary rated it it was amazing
This book is about people's encounters with God's army and how God and/or his army protected them. They even tell stories from Corrie ten Boom who survived the Nazi's. In fact through a clerical error she was saved from extermination. My favorite tells the story from Covington, KY of the Garden of Hope.
Anna Andersen
Oct 17, 2011 Anna Andersen rated it it was ok
Shelves: bored
It was the same thing over and over.... I like reading stories of encounters and interesting stories on those who claim to have seen things... but after a while i just got bored of this and also some of it was far fetched..... just didn't interest me any longer.
Syl
Jul 10, 2013 Syl rated it really liked it
I loved it because it's a very respectful, well written and also warm way to describe people's "encounters" with angels. A good read to soothe your soul, even if you don't really believe in angels, or supernatural forces looking after you, or God.
Terri
Jan 04, 2010 Terri rated it liked it
it was ok. some nice stories, but most were vague and dreamlike, the author could have made the book better with a little more scholarly analysis instead of just reporting the stories.
James Hofheins
Jan 18, 2012 James Hofheins rated it liked it
Do you believe in angels? I do, and now I'm reading documented (though anecdotal) stories of angels helping mortals. Great read!
Moira
Oct 13, 2008 Moira rated it really liked it
This is a skimmer...but a good skimmer, with many moving stories that make me wonder what divine moments I've overlooked in my life.
Franquie
Sep 12, 2012 Franquie rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Very uplifting and made me feel closer to God through reading it. Highly recommended.
Julie
May 10, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing
A very dear friend gave me this book as a gift. There ARE truly angels among us....
Annie
Aug 06, 2008 Annie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading "Night", this is an excellent counterbalance.
Yvonne
Sep 14, 2008 Yvonne rated it liked it
I believe in angels. Inspiring stories.
Tammy Hill
Jul 18, 2011 Tammy Hill rated it it was amazing
Loved it, amazing stories, easy read.
Jacqueline115
I truly believe in angels :)
  • A Book of Angels: Reflections on Angels Past and Present, and True Stories of How They Touch Our L ives
  • Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area of Your Life
  • Ask Your Angels
  • Inside the Other Side: Soul Contracts, Life Lessons, and How Dead People Help Us, Between Here and Heaven
  • Echoes of the Soul: Moving Beyond the Light
  • Small Miracles: Extraordinary Coincidences from Everyday Life
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • My Descent Into Death: A Second Chance at Life
  • The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice
  • The Light Beyond: The extraordinary sequel to the classic Life After Life
  • Never Alone: A Personal Way to God
  • The Nature of Good and Evil (Journey of the Soul, #3)
  • Return From Heaven: Beloved Relatives Reincarnated Within Your Family
  • Small Miracles for Women: Extraordinary Coincidences of Heart and Spirit
  • Prayer
  • Past Lives, Present Miracles: The Most Empowering Book on Reincarnation You'll Ever Read...in this Lifetime!
  • Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians: Contact Your Invisible Helpers