Start by marking “The Modern Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations” as Want to Read:
The Modern Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations

The Modern Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
This is the book to grab when . . . you're pulling your hair out, screaming like a banshee, blubbering with frustration, or hyperventilating because you just don't know what to do!

Jane Buckingham, author of The Modern Girl's Guide to Life, is back with a collection of helpful quick fixes for the deserving gal with the best intentions who gets caught in sticky situations. H
Published May 18th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Modern Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Modern Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations

Kate
Feb 21, 2011 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kinda cutesy, kinda cheesy. Some practical advice, some not so much. A little too "Sex and the City." I came away with the feeling that the author was trying too hard to be breezy and hip and youthful. It was written very much in the style of little blurbs in a fashion-type magazine, including the verbage, like,"Umm," and "mani-pedi." And then, the types of sticky situations, such as figuring out the name of the guy you just woke up with. As the author might say, "Umm, seriously?" How about some ...more
Lori Twichell
I was delighted when I picked up this book (with the cool cover) and immediately started flipping my way through the pages. I love facts and information that can help make my life easier and this book has those in spades. Did you know, for instance, if you’re hosting a dinner party and you have a really tight space or you just don’t want your guests pulling drinks from a plastic cooler on the floor, you can use your WASHING MACHINE to chill your drinks, etc.? Seriously. Just grab a bag of ice an ...more
TRH
Oct 27, 2014 TRH rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as "The Modern Girl's Guide to Life", or "The Modern Girl's Guide to Motherhood". This book mentions situations as meeting you boyfriends' parents for the first time and burning books in the stove accidentally. If you read/have the other two books, you don't really need this one.
Ashley
I enjoyed reading this book. It was good. Although, there were a lot of topics that I wish that could've been covered. Obviously, she can't cover every topic. All in all, I recommend this book.
Peacegal
Think of this as sort of a "Hints from Heloise" for the 21st century. I found myself skimming through, noting information I can use (cleaning costume jewelery) and ignoring that I'll probably never need (holding a formal dinner party).

Some of the information was helpful, but I had a hard time relating to the overall glam-girl, jet-setting tone the author sets throughout the book. However, I was VERY pleased to see the omnivorous author advise--correctly--the ways to cater to a vegan or vegetari
Kathy
Aug 17, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This covers everything that happens in life from not being comfortable meeting men to cute tips on how to use a favorite book cover as a photo frame or turning retro game board into a bulletin board.
And, there's lots of tips on how to pack and other goodies...I can't imagine needing the modern girl's guide to life -- after reading this I think it covers almost everything!! But, of course, I'll check out the author's other books in case I've missed something.
Soapykitty
This is a cute fun book to flip through.I really didn't like the part where she gives you tips on "what to do if you wake up with a complete stranger after a night of parying and don't remember his name." If that happend to me my first thought would be "Did I come here willingly,was I drugged?" not "Honey,go make some breakfast while I grab your wallet and check your I.D."
Alison
Nov 04, 2010 Alison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had some good tips--hopefully I won't forget them. Of course, I was less interested in "how not to look like you didn't have time to go home after you spent the night with someone" and "how to make your dishwasher stop leaving film on your dishes."
Amy
Nov 02, 2010 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane Buckingham provides a fresh look at current faux pas. I imagined her with a British accent and enjoyed the various situations she presented immensely.
Veronica
If your mother taught you absolutely nothing, then you need to read this book. Thank goodness my mother enlightened me.
Jama
Aug 03, 2010 Jama added it
so adorable to read through...
Lisa Lewis
Meh.....
Rixa Medina
Rixa Medina marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Halima
Halima marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Ashley Edwards
Ashley Edwards marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Sarah Diaz
Sarah Diaz marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Ashley Nelson
Ashley Nelson marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
DementedParamour
DementedParamour marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Elisabeth Gumbetter
Elisabeth Gumbetter rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Alison Mazrin
Alison Mazrin marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Girl's Guide to Absolutely Everything: Advice on Absolutely Everything
  • City Chic: An Urban Girl's Guide to Livin' Large on Less
  • The Nice Girl Syndrome: Stop Being Manipulated and Abused -- And Start Standing Up for Yourself
  • Very Classy
  • The Constant Art of Being a Writer: The Life, Art & Business of Fiction
  • Murder and Mayhem: A Doctor Answers Medical and Forensic Questions for Mystery Writers
  • I'm an English Major -- Now What?: How English Majors Can Find Happiness, Success, and a Real Job
  • How to Eat Like a Hot Chick: Eat What You Love, Love How You Feel
  • Queen Bee Moms & Kingpin Dads: Dealing with the Parents, Teachers, Coaches, and Counselors Who Can Make--Or Break--Your Child's Future
  • A Grammar Book for You and I-- OOPS, Me!: All the Grammar You Need to Succeed in Life
  • Crazy Busy Beautiful: Beauty Secrets for Getting Gorgeous Fast
  • Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine
  • Cherry Bomb: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Better Flirt, a Tougher Chick, and a Hotter Girlfriend--and to Living Life Like a Rock Star
  • The Killer Book of Cold Cases: Incredible Stories, Facts, and Trivia from the Most Baffling True Crime Cases of All Time
  • Beauty Confidential: The No Preaching, No Lies, Advice-You'll- Actually-Use Guide to Looking Your Best
  • Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won't Be Dating or Having Sex
  • True Prep: It's a Whole New Old World