Start by marking “Stacey's Choice (The Baby-Sitters Club, #58)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Stacey's Choice

Ann M. Martin

Stacey's Choice (The Baby-Sitters Club #58)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  804 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Since Stacey's parents got divorced it hasn't been easy. Stacey hates being put in the middle of them. And even though she gets to see her dad often, Stacey misses him. Sometimes she wishes she were just a regular kid with a regular family. But now both of her parents are depending on her. They each need her--badly. And she can't be in two places at once. How will she ever ...more
Published January 1st 1992 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Stacey's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stacey's Choice

Ciara
the book opens with stacey & mallory babysitting for the pike kids. they have magazines & comic books spread out everywhere, & they are ordering the cheap crap from the back pages--stuff like stamp moisteners & necktie-knotters. but it's keeping them entertained & out of trouble, so stacey & mallory don't think much of it.

back home, stacey notices that her mom seems a little pale & tired. stacey assumes it's because mrs. mcgill has been so busy lately doing temp work
Allison
Either this wasn't Ms. Martin's finest moment, or this little nostalgia kick is coming to a blessed close. It started out promising enough; I especially loved the BSC's visit to the punk store at the mall to secure an outfit for Stacey's dad's dinner. The mail-order subplot among the BSC charges also had its amusing moments (and I say this as someone who tends to want to skip over the babysitting parts and get back to the fashion and boys). But all the escalating tension surrounding the central ...more
Laura Hughes
Stacey’s mother comes down with pneumonia just before Stacey is supposed to go to New York to be her father’s date to a company banquet honoring his promotion to vice president, causing Stacey to debate which parent needs her more. In the end, she attends the banquet but steps out to call her mom several times and insists on leaving early to catch a train, so that neither parent is satisfied. In a surprisingly subtly related choice-over-compromise, you-can’t-have-it-all kid storyline, the Pike y ...more
Leah
I think this book does a good job portraying the life of a divorced child. Stacey is constantly put in between her parents. They're divorced. She chose to live with her mom, but she visits her dad often. When her mother ends up sick on the weekend she's got awesome plans with her father she has to choose between them. Take care of her mother or spend time with her father whom she doesn't live with? What should she do? I think she makes the right decision in the end and it shows that she loves th ...more
Raevyn ~WICKED is good...right?~
/of course, the beginning was drawn-out and dull, but toward the end it was *almost* entertaining....
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Marian
Sooo I must admit that I'm a sucker for the blonde books. I know, I know...

I love the little bit in this book where Stacey and Dawn bond over being kids of divorces that aren't entirely amicable and involve quite a bit of traveling. It's little moments like this that make me continue to love this series many, many years later.
Maria M. Elmvang
Since when does a kid feel that much responsibility about a sick mother, that she doesn't even feel it sufficient that friends of the mother take care of her, but wants to skip school to do it herself? Stacey makes a lot of bad choices in this book which more or less feels like the flip side of "Stacey's Emergency".
Kate
I wish Stacey would make up her mind already. First she's with her mom. Then her dad. Then she's in New York City. Then she returns to Stoneybrooke. Who cares?
Sarah B
08/30/2009

Stacey's mom has got it going on. How do we know? Because Mary Anne's mother rose from the dead just to take care of her!
Romane Dela Gracia
Reading this will help you realize the things that you should be responsible for. Very great!
Sally
EPIC YAWN. This one was really kind of bottom of the barrel.
Nancy
In which Stacey's mom has got it going on. "It" being pneumonia.
Imani
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.It's realistic and touching.
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Al
you must read it
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Maggie
Maggie added it
Jan 25, 2015
Aslı Seymen
Aslı Seymen marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Tiffany Jackson
Tiffany Jackson marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Gemma Jackson
Gemma Jackson marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
  • The War Between the Twins (Sweet Valley Twins, #37)
  • Horse Wise (Saddle Club, #11)
  • Felicity Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Felicity, #2)
  • The Chalet School in Exile (The Chalet School, #16)
  • Garfield Blots Out the Sun (Garfield #43)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)