Start by marking “Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 1

Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 1 (Kamisama Hajimemashita #1)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  19,270 Ratings  ·  270 Reviews
A divine comedy!

Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers her his home, she jumps at the opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine, and Nanami has unwillingly taken over his job as a local deity!

Nanami has a
Published December 7th 2010 by VIZ Media (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Abby You can read it online through different sites, such as mangatap.com or mangareader.com, but I do have to warn you that some of the sites have a…moreYou can read it online through different sites, such as mangatap.com or mangareader.com, but I do have to warn you that some of the sites have a portion missing so you'll have to switch sites every so often in order to read it all. DO NOT go to mangafox, however, because this one has been having really big problems with viruses. You should also be aware that the manga may be listed under it's Japanese name, Kamisama Hajimemashita.(less)

Maria Kaye
Apr 17, 2015 Maria Kaye rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, manga
Anyone else who's a fan of this anime/manga series feel free to fangirl/boy with me HAHAHA my favorite part of this volume has got to be when Himemiko meets Nanami for the first time and Tomoe and her fish-servant have a fight and Nanami uses the word-power-command thing to make Tomoe apologize for almost turning him into a fried fish dish. And his face is literally like (O__O) the whole time. I laughed so damn hard, and the anime made it even better.

THIS SCENE

Pooja
Jan 24, 2015 Pooja rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
This series is amazing. I adored Nanami and Tomoe's chemistry. Another one down in shoujo(romance) manga.

When her drunkard father absconds the town, Nanami becomes a homeless girl .

She meets with a stranger who was afraid of a dog. She helps him out and tells him her sad story.

To that stranger she seems as a nice girl and he kisses her on her forehead which is a way of abdicating his deityship!

Nanami now becomes a deity.

Tomoe is the male protagonist in this series and he is brilliant.

There i
Lois Bujold
Aug 06, 2015 Lois Bujold rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: manga readers who liked Fruits Basket
Recommended to Lois by: found anime on random Amazon wandering; slid down the slippery slope from there.
I actually started this with Vol. 2, after having seen the DVD series, and as usual wondering if the manga would make more sense/develop characters that interested me. Not really, for both, and I'd give it 3 stars overall but upped it to 4 because the art is very pretty. And it is very inventive, after its own lunatic fashion. Have now plowed through Vols. 2 - 18, as my public library had a complete run (except for an insufficient number of Vol. Ones.)

Very shojo manga/girl gets magic powers foll
Kathe L
Feb 06, 2015 Kathe L rated it it was amazing
description

Mangas are adorable! I discovered my passion of reading because of mangas, most precisely shoujos (shoujo=romance). While this manga here doesn't show the 'love' thing from the very beginning, it most definitely shows you that there is a girl, Nanami, and her familiar, Tomoe, and you can imagine for yourself it they are going to be a couple or not. That is the best part, in my opinion. Some shoujos throw the couple at your face in the very beginning, while this one leaves everything at your imag
Naban (hiatus)
This manga is absolutely adorable. I want to pinch its cheeks.

Strong heroines who are also fairly flawed make me happy inside. Nanami often makes the most hilarious of mistakes but despite everything standing in her way, her optimism and determination remained unchanged. I'm eager to see where her character will head off.

I love the love-hate relationship here between Nanami and Tomoe, no matter how typical a thing it is. Their banter had me bursting with giggles, and it was all so fucking adorab
Henz
Jun 07, 2016 Henz rated it it was amazing
Manga is still ongoing ... ugh! I can't believe it just stopped right there!!! I'm gonna cry ...
Quirky Omega
Very cute artwork. The premise is funny but not as much as is common in shoujo manga world.
The funny moments are characterised by excellent art so I am usually found doubled over clutching my IPad close to my stomach. Too hilarious and obviously great workout for the abs.
Yue
I am a sucker for 'I love you/I hate you' relationships in books, especially if there is a good reason and if there is chemistry between the 2 main characters. And that is what I found in 'Kamisama Kiss'. Again there is a master/servant relationship, something I have read a couple of times, but that so far, it is not bothersome.

Nanami, as the new Land God in this Shrine, has Tomoe, a fox yokai, as her servant. Usually I am not a fan of 'ears' (like in Loveless, Volume 1) but it suits Tomoe. Bot
Luna
Oct 25, 2016 Luna rated it really liked it
Overall 4 Stars, presently read the first 20 books.
Additional: Like most long running series there are some duff chapters/volumes. Personally I think the series drops after the first 10 or so volumes but it wasn’t until 17+ that I started to lose interest.

So all the good things; Kamisama Kiss is a series that’s full of fun and unique characters. If you’re on the lookout for a feel-good read then this it definitely a series I’d recommend. The story has such a good opening.

I liked out determined
Holly Letson
I wanted to love this, since the later books are really good. But, I found it to bore me at times. And, I found myself struggling to finish it. The characters seemed pretty full of themselves, and took forever to turn around to helping one another.

This has been repeatedly recommended to me, but finishing this series is going to be place way back on the backburner for me, as I feel several series are much better reads.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 23, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Who didn't think of Inuyasha when they saw the cover. Also I thought he had longer hair and not short hair. Anyway, this was something. Never heard it before though but was been hearing its good. After reading it, it was pretty good. The art and the expressions were good, hilarious at times but good. And near the end was a little adorable what with the way its drawn. So, pretty good start.
Elspeth
I am enjoying this even though I find the art style a bit rough.
Emma
Sep 08, 2016 Emma rated it really liked it
3.5 stars! Why is everyone such an adorable cinnamon roll in this series????
Theresa ♫
Sorry, this might turn into a rant.
Not about the book of course, you guys know my Theresa reviews . . . its about . . . it's about

THE FACT THAT I WAS WRITING A REVIEW AND THEN GOODREADS JUST FREAKING GLITCHED OUT ON ME . . . and deleted everything I was writing.
They should (*smiles sweetly) really (*smiles wider) really (*smiles murderously) FIX THAT.

But anyway, I guess I'll just . . . I'll just type it again. ;-; This is not the first time it's happened like that . . .
BUT ANYWAY.

This poor unfor
Jenn
What's it about?: Nanami is a high school girl who suddenly finds herself homeless when her father's gambling debts lead to him losing their house, and skipping town. She helps a stranger on the street, and suddenly finds that she's become the local land-god and is responsible for a shrine (currently inhabited by 2 shrine spirits and a fox familiar named Tomoe).

Why did I read it?: I read it because my friend got me sucked into the anime version and I wanted more!

Favourite idea/part?: I just rea
Kate
Oct 27, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
Nanami is orphaned and homeless after her gambling father skips town and she is evicted from her apartment. Not knowing where to go, she comes across a stranger at a park and helps him fend off a dog. Grateful for her help, he says she can have his house. She doesn't have any other options, and so she follows his written directions and comes to a shrine. Instantly she is assaulted by spirits, and it's learned that the man who "gave" her his house, also gave her his responsibility to be the god o ...more
Starbubbles
Oct 08, 2012 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I really loved this. I originally planned on reading until I got over my nerves and could go to sleep, but I ended up reading till 5 in the morning because I just could not put these down. They are addictive, cute, and funny. I really cannot wait to read whatever else comes out from this series.
Zala
I have a very serious love-hate relationship with Kamisama kiss, and for me it kind of ended when Nanami came back from the past (ch. 100 or 101). But it's still not over and... I'm hung up at chapter 120.

description
(Don't you just love Akura-ou)
Leena
Jul 26, 2016 Leena rated it liked it
Rating: 4.00

This was bit slow in the beginning but it was an enjoyable story and quiet different from the other mangas I've read. I'm curious to see what happens in the next book.

If you like demons bound to humans by a kiss go read this.
Selena
I liked that one a lot more than I thought I would. I really like the characters and how they interact with each other. It makes for a fun read.
TinKeyLee
Feb 18, 2017 TinKeyLee rated it really liked it
THIS SCENE!!!
So hilarious!!!
EveAngelyne
Aug 27, 2013 EveAngelyne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-love-love
Ahhh Kamisama Kiss... My love for you is endless.
*NOTE: This review is going to be for books 1 though 12 since VIZ Media doesn't release the books any faster (grrrr...) and I'm too stubborn to read them online since they're SPECIAL.*

Aigghttt so on to the review...
I actually watched the anime before I read the books and loved it, but I wanted more. I was a bit scared to be disappointed but, luckily, read the books anyways. THANK GOD. The story gets much more depth to it and keeps you completely e
Rayne
Jun 02, 2011 Rayne rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at http://www.mycutebookshelf.com/2011/1...

This manga is sort of a guilty pleasure for me. I've been reading it since it first came out and it is easily one of my favorite on-going shoujo mangas. First of all, it is hilarious. The never-ending bickering between Tomoe and Nanami has me laughing page after page and the way their relationship deepens is played out fantastically throughout the manga. In this first volume, some of the personalities might seem a little flat, b
Lura (The Life of Serendipity)
Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers his home, she jumps at opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine taken over his job as a local deity!

Nanami has all kinds of new responsibilities she doesn't understand, dangers she's unaware of, and a cranky ex-familiar who's...actually pretty hot. What's a new-fledged godling to do?

What
Curse of the Bibliophile
Sep 23, 2013 Curse of the Bibliophile rated it it was amazing
A love that defies time itself.

This series is just AMAZING! The humor in this story always makes me laugh and never fails to lighten my mood. The romance is sweet and perfectly paced. I also really liked the mythology and time travel aspects of this story. Very well thought out! We are given a few clues here and there, but only enough to wet my appetite before the final reveal.

Nanami is a strong heroine which is really nice to see in a shoujo manga. I like that throughout the series Nanami gets
Anastasia Antonova
Jun 16, 2015 Anastasia Antonova rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Наконец-то у меня дошли руки чтобы перечитать эту замечательную мангу. В прошлый раз, я ее читала года эдак два назад, тогда было сто с копейками глав, как раз основная история закончилась. Впечатления были отличные, но я решила не читать вышедшие главы, чтобы их накопилось прилично и чтобы не мучать себя томлением. И вот, два года спустя я сорвалась, перечитав все заново, вместе с вышедшими новыми главами.
Что я могу сказать. Рисовка немного скатилась, это да. Повседневные моменты стали прорисо
Sinai C.
Nov 06, 2011 Sinai C. rated it it was amazing
Alright! One of the cutest, cutest, cutest manga volumes I've ever read. I don't remember the last time I've read a manga like this--lately I've been reading/watching more shonen rather than shoujo fluff, so shame on me.
2 stars for the drawings. This is half if not three/quarters drawings after all. I have to say. The manga-ka has some really sweet ways of drawing, and whenever you're supposed to be feeling a tender moment, it's clearly seen with the screen tones used. I think everything is bea
Dani
The art is so beautiful, I admit I am drawn to series because I love how the story is expressed through the art. I especially love how Tomoe and the two little familiars are drawn. I love the premise, it is cute and so culturally Japanese. Chapter 3's art is especially beautiful.

The details that advance the story are very subtle and woven in that it makes for a great read. Nothing stands out but everything that happens works toward the story. It's well written as well as well drawn. The plot of
Kelcey
Currently I am caught up with the English publication (volume 20 at the moment). I have really enjoyed this series! Lots of stereotypes twisted into new less recognizable plots. I love all the characters and the plots have never felt trite or repetitive. One small quibble, we have gotten tons of character development and Tomoe back story, but very little Nanami back story which I think could be quite entertaining and would add to the story. The smaller plots tie back into the main story nicely a ...more
Becki
Why did it take me so long to read this series. This was amazing. God I am such an idiot. This has everything I love. Action, adventure, time travel and most of all humour. Seriously this was amazeballs it totally reminded me of my all time favourite Manga InuYasha which is probably why I love it so much and writing this atrocious fan girl review. Now I did hear its like Fruits Basket I noticed a few similarities but I noticed more with the latter suggestion. So if you love both InuYasha and Fru ...more
Anime/Manga Couples: Kamisama Kiss 1 1 Feb 14, 2017 11:28PM
Shoujo Manga Book...: Kamisama Kiss Discussion 8 20 Aug 09, 2016 10:06AM
Second season announced!!!!!!!! 5 18 Feb 05, 2015 06:12AM
This series is getting DARK and INTENSE! 5 23 Sep 29, 2014 05:54PM
do you like the story of tomoe and nanami?cute isn't it? 5 19 Apr 16, 2014 12:28PM
There should be an anime!!! 29 45 May 23, 2013 12:03PM
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 3 (Dengeki Daisy, #3)
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 1
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 (Dawn of the Arcana, #1)
  • Oresama Teacher , Vol. 1
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 01 (Barajou no Kiss, #1)
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 1
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 01
  • Happy Cafe, Vol. 1 (Happy Cafe, #1)
  • 赤髪の白雪姫 1 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 1] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #1)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 01
  • From Far Away, Vol. 01
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 01 (Midnight Secretary, #1)
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 1
  • Tenshi Ja Nai!! (I'm No Angel), Vol. 1 (Tenshi Ja Nai, #1)
Suzuki Julietta, is a Japanese manga artist born in Fukuoka Prefecture. Her pen name comes from a character named Julietta Sakamoto from the seinen manga series, Air Master.
She likes cats, koalas, and sharks. According to an interview with Hakusensha, she first started drawing when she was in her second year of elementary school in a sketchbook of Japonica.
During her free time, she meets with her
More about Julietta Suzuki...

Kamisama Hajimemashita (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 2