Start by marking “The Juicing Bible” as Want to Read:
The Juicing Bible

The Juicing Bible

For years nutritionists and health practitioners have urged North Americans to eat more fruits and vegetables. Why? Because these foods are low in fat, and are important sources of essential vitamins, minerals and fiber. Yet many of us -- even the most health conscious -- still don't consume the recommended 5 to 10 servings a day.

So what's the solution? For some people, th
Published October 7th 2000 by Robert Rose

To ask other readers questions about The Juicing Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Juicing Bible

Jean
Jan 04, 2013 Jean rated it really liked it
This book is organized in the beginning by the malady you wish to help alleviate. It is indexed by alphabetical order with a list of recipes, tips, the nutrients suggested to help your body naturally combat your ailment. The next section has a comprehensive listing of the foods to be used. It gives a brief description, which part of the food to be used and its healing properties as well as suggestions on how to use it and how to handle these food. The last part of the is a listing of recipes tha ...more
Shanae
Nov 21, 2012 Shanae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone who is new to juicing, I found this book extremely inspiring and very easy to read. I'm certain it will be my go-to guide as I embark on my first juice diet/fast. There are so many recipes here that I see exactly why this book is called the Juicing Bible! It is well organized and can help you through any ailment! I've read other holistic books and done lots of research on what is discussed in Crocker's The Juicing Bible and I can say that nothing here is out of the ordinary. Moreover, ...more
Emma
Aug 20, 2008 Emma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: healthyness
This book rocks! It has awesome recipes, but more than that, it has sections on all the fruits, vegetables and herbs that you can juice or add to your juice, and what they are good for and how to store them. I love it.
Heather
Mar 02, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
So helpful for new juicers! I especially love the beginning sections on fruits and vegetables and how to store and prep them for juicing. Lots of recipes.
Ingrid Hardy
I am new to juicing and all that stuff, and though so far I am VERY much enjoying it, I know very little about it (and do not intend to go overboard with it, I just want to incorporate these juices). I have a TON of cookbooks and while I do have a few juice recipes, this one has a good deal of information on why juices are supposed to be good for you, a bit about juice machines, a tone of recipes including a few smoothie recipes, and even some that use the leftover pulp. Meaning, what you can us ...more
Teena in Toronto
Nov 07, 2014 Teena in Toronto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: canadian
We have a Nutribullet and we use it every day. It also does a great job in pulverizing things and I've used it as a juicer so that's why this book caught my eye.

The chapters are:

* Introduction - benefits of juicing, benefits of pulping and juicing machines
* Healthy body systems - information on the seven major body systems as well as diet and lifestyle changes that will help keep these systems working as well as they can
* Health conditions - what to maximize and eliminate, healing foods and heal
Adrienna
I wanted to learn more about juicing and its benefits, which this book clearly identifies and shares information on health conditions, health body systems, and healthy foods. The author not only lists varied health conditions that one may have suffered from, or had in their lives, but what to maximize/minimize and eliminate certain foods/drinks that may react the conditions or deactivate the conditions. Then, there are recipes for fruit/vegetables juices; healthy bodies; roughies and smoothies; ...more
Megan Jones
Sep 12, 2012 Megan Jones rated it really liked it
Although it's not the type of book that I sit down and read cover to cover, I have spent more and more time with this book as flu season is setting-in. I love that I can search by ingredient, health concern, or type of drink making it extremely user friendly! It has an outstanding section about using herbs which I knew little about but have enjoyed educating myself about. I have tried various juice blends which have all been tasty and have incorporated some of the herbs into my health regiment a ...more
Denele
Apr 11, 2012 Denele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Denele by: Aislinn
The most thorough juicing book I have read. It also goes beyond just basic juicing, and includes recipes for smoothies, teas, and juice recipes for fun and flavour. The book is incredibly well organized and easy to navigate. Well presented information on health conditions, properties and uses of fruits, vegetables, and herbs. It really is an all in one resource guide for incorporating beneficial juices, smoothies, and teas to your lifestyle.
Damien
Jul 30, 2013 Damien rated it it was amazing
Great book for those who want to live a life filled with health and an immune system that can fight off disease when everyone around you is getting sick. Looking for a way to start getting more whole foods into your diet and getting away from processed foods? Great, start here. Other great recommendation is 'Forks Over Knives'. Must watch the film and read the book. A back up to it would be 'The China Study'
Amanda Pearl
Excellent book on juicing. It's very well organized. You can look up recipes for specific ailments, systems of the body, a particular ingredient, or general fruit or veggie recipes. It also has some interesting recipes for smoothies, party drinks, and ideas to use the left over parts of the juice. I liked learning about the herbal remedies too, even though I wouldn't put them into a juice. I recommend for anyone interested in juicing :D
Calah
Feb 14, 2013 Calah rated it liked it
Great beginners book on understanding juicing of fruits, vegetables, and herbs in combination to aid in health concerns. I really like the dictionary-like sections which explain the body's reaction to doses of the aforementioned as well as juice yield, storage, and longevity. I wasn't expecting a tea and smoothie section but pleasantly surprised to see it.
Kellyann
Jun 08, 2012 Kellyann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
I love this book, which is part nutritional healing guide, part nutritional content guide, and part recipe book. I've tried several of the juices and one smoothie, and they're excellent - plus the book makes it easy to figure out how to substitute certain ingredients or tweak recipes for certain health benefits.
Jamie Fox
Apr 08, 2013 Jamie Fox rated it it was amazing
For someone totally new to juicing and learning about the benefits of juicing, herbs and nutritional healing, this book was perfect! Very well organized, easy to follow recipes, recommendations for helping specific ailments, detailing the benefits of specific herbs and the list goes on. Love this book!
Jessica Kirkpatrick
Feb 26, 2013 Jessica Kirkpatrick rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book whether you juice or not. Tells you what fruits/ veggies to eat whenever you have an ailment or what they are good for, etc. This is a book I will never disgard and feel I have found a book on health that covers everything.
texast
Aug 14, 2012 texast rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
This is a book I really need to own as a reference guide, not simply check out of the library. Way too much info to take in all at once. Good nutritional info and recipe for things other than juices and smoothies. Very comprehensive.
Nancy Mather
May 20, 2012 Nancy Mather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book on juicing. In addition to great juicing references, useful info on the health benefits of every fruit and vegetable under the sun. Lots of useful info on the types of foods that work best to treat various health conditions.
C
Jul 21, 2014 C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has everything you ever wanted to know about juicing and then some! There is a juice for every ailment. It's here. Vegetables and fruits are described in detail and what they are good for and everything is cross referenced. Great book!
Diane
Aug 20, 2016 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent reference book. Unique from any other juice book I've read, in that it includes in-depth explanations of what specific herb, vegetable and fruit combinations can address/alleviate specific medical issues.
Jodi
Jul 15, 2015 Jodi rated it liked it
Very complete. Seems a bit outdated though and difficult to use; what aliment you may have followed by recipes. Too much fruit too. I look forward to reviewing Pat's second edition.
Valerie
Jul 17, 2011 Valerie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book had alot of information however I wish that the section on ailments and disease was larger. There was alot about herbs in the book that I really wasn't interested in. It was Ok.
Sandy
Aug 01, 2013 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Great book if you're interested in juicing and what different fruits and vegetables can help you with
Julie
Oct 22, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
Excellent reference for juicing. It is very educational and has a ton of easy to follow recipes for various conditions. I highly recommend!
Wendy
Mar 18, 2014 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Everything you need to know about juicing ! Herb, fruit and vegetable profiles are great! This book even tells you what to drink for various ailments.
Sarah rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2011
La'Shawn Simmons
La'Shawn Simmons rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Cristina
Cristina rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
Amber Gamell-Hall
Amber Gamell-Hall rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
  • Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets
  • Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing
  • The Healthy Green Drink Diet : Advice and Recipes to Energize, Alkalize, Lose Weight, and Feel Great
  • Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body
  • Big Book of Juices: More than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day
  • African Holistic Health
  • Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People
  • The Inspired Vegan: Seasonal Ingredients, Creative Recipes, Mouthwatering Menus
  • Green Smoothies Diet: The Natural Program for Extraordinary Health
  • The Asian Vegan Kitchen: Authentic and Appetizing Dishes from a Continent of Rich Flavors
  • Everyday Detox: 100 Easy Recipes to Remove Toxins, Promote Gut Health, and Lose Weight Naturally
  • Superfood Smoothies: 100 Delicious, Energizing & Nutrient-dense Recipes
  • The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality
  • Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with More Recipes from Pure Food and Wine
  • The Sprouting Book: How to Grow and Use Sprouts to Maximize Your Health and Vitality
  • Juiceman's Power of Juicing
  • Raw: The Uncook Book: New Vegetarian Food for Life
  • Going Raw: Everything You Need to Start Your Own Raw Food Diet and Lifestyle Revolution at Home