Tears of the Moon

Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore #2)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  19,520 ratings  ·  405 reviews
A talented songwriter, Shawn Gallagher works as the cook in the family pub, and is seemingly content with his life the way it is. No one understands why Shawn doesn't put his musical gift to profitable use - least of all Brenna O'Toole, a fiercely independent tomboy who has been secretly in love with Shawn for years.
Mass Market Paperback, 346 pages
Published March 31st 2007 by Piatkus (first published 1999)

Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
I am NOT a big romance fan...but I am a big fan of most things Celtic. I actually read this series a while back - I discovered them in the Honor section of my local library and when I realized the plots took place in Ireland, I decided to borrow them. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of romantic novels, but I have read enough of them to be able to say that this is the only series of the genre that has really stuck with me (except maybe the Three Sisters Island trilogy by the same author). Roberts...more
Gloria
This one... As hard as it may seem, it's even better that Jewels of the Sun. Nora keeps excelling herself. It was so good I finished it in one day. So good, i'll probably re-read... in very short notice.

If Aidan and Jude were cute and flammable... Shawn and Brenna are simply sensational and so flammable it turned out explosive. I mean a dreamer and a doer... They are faded to collide. To complete the mixture add a since-infants friendship. Really, Nora could go wrong, but as her usual way hand...more
Britt
I love the magic associated with this book. Not the type of spell casting magic but the kind that produces jewels out of no where, the kind that brings people together, and the kind that makes people stay on earth long after they have meant to left.
Cata
"As Lágrimas da Lua" é o segundo volume da Trilogia Irlandesa. Desta vez traz-nos a história de Shawn Gallagher e Brenna O'Toole.

Shawn e Brenna conhecem-se desde sempre. Mas agora, dez anos após Brenna ter começado a sentir uma atracção por Shawn, ela ganha coragem e faz uma proposta a Shawn que mudará tudo...

Este livro proporcionou-me bons momentos e umas boas gargalhadas. É impossível não nos rirmos com as picardias entre os protagonistas e não gostar do choque de personalidades. Eles são tão...more
Patti
This trilogy was an engrossing read for me. I was happy to have #2, “Tears of the Moon”, at hand when #1 was finished. I enjoyed finding out what fate and the magical mind of faerie Prince Carrick and Lady Gwen had in store for the lovely Brenna and Shawn. Of course we know they would end up together, but just how would it all play out and how would it affect the quest of Prince Carrick for his lost love of three hundred years.

I cared for the ‘alive’ characters, and also the eternal faerie prin...more
Devina
Nov 08, 2011 Devina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora Roberts fans,People who are interested in Ireland
Recommended to Devina by: Amazon
I liked Tears of the Moon a bit better than Jewels of the Sun, maybe it's because Brenna had rubbed off on me from the very start!We share the tomboyish nature but I must say she has a considerably harder head than I do or I just might be lying to myself.

Carrick sure had his work cut out for him with those two,them being Shawn and Brenna, enough said.The love was already there between them but they never realized that it was really love and not just love you feel to a childhood chum.They both ha...more
Traci
So, three stars, for a book that I was actually enjoying up to the very abrupt ending that was monumentally uncool.

(view spoiler)...more
Jacob Proffitt
In the second of the Gallaghers of Ardmore series, we get Shawn and Brenna. These two have known each other forever and Brenna has been all wistful about Shawn for long enough that she’s kind of getting tired of it. Indeed, it was noticeable in the first book, Jewels of the Sun, though not smack-you-in-the-face obvious or cloying. In this one, she’s had enough and decides to seize the moment with predictably interesting results.

Roberts does a fantastic job giving us the weight of their history w...more
Vallsykes
This book was my fave of the trilogy. Having read Nora Roberts for about ten years now, I have come to know her plots, craftiness and penchant for trilogies! This Irish trilogy is one of my top five written by Roberts.

I love the two main characters Sean and Brenna (the gorgeous artist and the tomboy). They are the middle characters of the trilogy that surprises---Brenna,the son her father never had, with her bushel of sisters, and Sean,the devil-may-care middle child, one of the three Gallagher...more
LaFleurBleue
It was obvious to me from the first book that Brenna had something for Shawn. And I was wondering how this little something could end up filling a whole book.
This book started like lightning, when Brenna proposed herself to Shawn in a decisively unromantic and pragmatic way. I really liked the way both characters personalities complemented but contrasted to the other and how the constraints of a rural highly catholic small town influenced their behaviors. Both of them changed or at least learnt...more
Juliana
(3.5 stars) Not as good as the first book in this trilogy, Jewels of the Sun, but still an enjoyable and pleasant read. Thought I would really like it, because Shawn and Brenna's antagonistic friendship in the previous book was fun to watch, but didn't end up being as satisfying as I was anticipating. It was worth the read, though, and shouldn't be passed up if reading the full trilogy.
Filipa
É uma história muito gira e doce. Temos o lado mais mágico (ou não teria como cenário a Irlanda) que não é demasiado usual na NR.
É bom para desanuviar.
E gostei muito do casal.
Embora a história do irmão do Aidan, o Shawn esteja melhor conseguida.
No entanto esta vertente mais fantasista denota uma imaginação rica, com um enredo bem construído e ponderado.
Um final nada apressado, como às vezes se repara nas obras da autora.
Fani
I liked the book, loved the atmosphere, but in the end I had some problems with a couple of the heroine's decisions. Besides, since I could never love a man I could not respect, I was kind of hesitant to accept the heroine's love for the hero. Who, I must add, is one of the least memorable I've read about by Nora Roberts. Still, an enjoyable read that flowed easily by.
Allison (The Allure of Books)
I don’t believe in “guilty pleasure” reading because: hello, I don’t feel guilty about anything I read. But I bet anyone that uses the term frequently would definitely say The Irish Trilogy by Nora Roberts classifies…

Seriously you guys, I have reread these books so. many. times. Mostly when I was in high school, but still. They are constant fall-back comfort reads to this day.

Jewels of the Sun brings Jude Murray to Ireland. She is recently divorced and in need of a break from her life. She certa...more
Alex is The Romance Fox
Tears of the Moon is the 2nd book in Nora Robert’s Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy and Carrick, the Prince of the Fairies is now working on the next couple to find true love after being successful in uniting Aiden & Jude in book 1, Jewels of the Sun.

Shawn, the beautiful and gorgeous brother, is the chef in the family’s pub but its music that fills his heart. He has composed many songs which he has done nothing about being recorded and that’s where Brenna O’Toole, the sassy and no nonsense red-...more
Maria
I love the idea of Brenna's cap. I didn't realize what it was in Jewels of the Sun, but now I have a definite idea of it. One of those 1920 caps newspaper boys wore. Patterned gray or dark beige. Perhaps even navy blue.

I enjoyed seeing the typical gender roles reversed. Shawn cooking, Brenna fixing things up… clobbering him metaphorically whenever he wasn't moving along to her satisfaction… poking and prodding and pushing. She's a bit like me in that respect… the poking and the prodding.

I also...more
Cátia Santos
Uma história com todos os ingredientes caracteristicos da Nora Roberts mas com um elemento que dá um toque especial - magia, o que faz sentido visto que o cenário deste livro é na Irlanda.
Foi uma história doce sobre dois amigos de longa data que acabam por perceber que nutrem sentimentos muito fortes um pelo outro e não meramente uma simples atracção.
Gostei que em primeiro lugar os protagonistas fossem amigos e só depois um casal, já para mim a amizade é um dos pilares fundamentais numa relaçã...more
Tempo de Ler
{Blog} http://tempodler.blogspot.pt/2012/07/...

Este segundo volume da «Trilogia Irlandesa» foi o meu preferido de entre os três, especialmente decido ao conflituoso e caricato par romântico que toma a liderança na continuação da história: Brenna O'Toole e Shawn Gallagher.

Entre diálogos cómicos e situações hilariantes, afeiçoamo-nos cada vez mais aos irmãos Gallagher e a quem os rodeia - um vasto leque de personagens vívidas e convictas.

Um romanve no seu sentido mais puro e encantador. Nora deix...more
Duncan Mandel
With over one hundred and twelve million books in print and forty-two New York Times bestsellers to date, Nora Roberts is indisputably the most celebrated and loved women's fiction writer today. Tears of the Moon is her second book in the enchanting Irish trilogy featuring the Gallagher siblings of Ardmore, Ireland. In this splendid story Nora Roberts evokes a land filled with magic, music and myth, and captures the secret dreams and enduring passions of three extraordinary siblings. A talented...more
Tameka
Holds up even better during a reread. I love the notion of friends falling for each other, and these two were such lively additions to the first book, it was enjoyable to watch them stumble towards each other. Special shoutout to Mollie O'Toole, Brenna's mother who is one of my favorite NR secondary characters ever.
Zwart Raafje
In tegenstelling tot broer Aidan en zus Darcy voelt Shawn geen sprankeltje reislust. Hij heeft nu eenmaal niet de drang om op verkenning te gaan. Hij is gelukkig, niet omdat hij volgens sommige mensen niet ver genoeg kijkt, maar omdat alles wat hem gelukkig maakt zich vlakbij bevindt. De zee, de keuken waar hij zijn creativiteit kan uitleven en zijn muziek, die vlotter als woorden uit hem lijkt te stromen.

Brenna O'Toole is ook gelukkig met haar leven in Ardmore. Ze doet haar werk graag, houdt va...more
Kate
My reaction to this book is just: d’awwwww! I enjoyed Shawn & Brenna’s story more than the first, both are such fun characters. Can’t wait to read Darcy’s book next!
L.C. Lavado
Gostei da história, foi um bom romane de tarde de Verão, Nora Roberts sempre ao estilo que nos habituou :)
Sara
Gostei... Deliciei-me com a história. Mas o 1º livro foi o meu favorito :)
Rachelbpg
Stupid romance novel. that I love. So much.
Jennie
I liked this one even more than the first.
Five stars.... I loved this one. The first in the series was great, but I guess I had my hopes up thinking it would be amazing, since I love her trilogies so much. Then I read book 2...

Shawn. OMG did he turn out to be a surprise. At first he seems so dreamy-eyed and off in la-la land doing his own thing and in his own little world. Who knew he could be so passionate, romantic, and steamy?

Brenna. Well she's just awesome. Not your typical heroine. She's all tomboy and sass. She knows what she wan...more
Lydia Perversius
Valerie
"I love you. I don't know when it started, years ago or weeks. But I know my heart's lost to you, and I wouldn't have it another way."

I remember exactly when my love for Nora Robert's books started and stories like this remind me why I love reading her.

'Tears of the Moon' continues the story of the Gallagher's brothers, but this time is Shawn's turn to find love or more like open his eyes and finally see love's been in front of him all this time in the form of Brenna O'Toole.

Shawn and Brenna cou...more
Andrea Hussey
plot spoilers
I liked how the story started off with a little history about storytellers&the legend of Lady Gwen&Carrick. It was cool how they come 2 each of the 3 people when they’re going 2 fall in love. I liked Shawn’s personality&style. I liked that Shawn&Brenna knew each other since childhood&cud come&go in each other’s houses.

A full, firm mouth that was meant, she supposed, 4 long kisses&soft words.
Not that she knew of either firsthand. But she’d heard tell. &he...more
Looking for Tears of the Moon (Nora Roberts) 10 58 Aug 10, 2013 09:41PM
  • Memory in Death (In Death, #22)
  • Jade Island (Donovan, #2)
  • Dawn in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 2)
  • Mackenzie's Pleasure (Mackenzie Family, #3)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...

“Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels. All of these have music woven through and around them. Tunes for dancing or for weeping, for battle or for love.” 174 likes
“You don't fix a man the way you do a fault in a pipe or a leak in a roof. You take him as he is, Mary Brenna, or you don't take him at all...adjustments can't be all made on one side, darling, else the balance goes off and what's being built just falls down.” 102 likes