Start by marking “The Ghost and Miss Demure” as Want to Read:
The Ghost and Miss Demure

The Ghost and Miss Demure

3.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Karo Follett left her career in a blaze of glorious rage, ditching both work and its attendant philandering plagiarist, her boyfriend, for a job restoring the Belle Ange plantation in Virginia. On the way, inspiration struck like…well, like lightning.

A billion volts can be eye-opening, but an even bigger shock is on its way. Karo can now see spirits—and what a spirit! Hugh
Mass Market Paperback, 292 pages
Published June 29th 2010 by Lovespell

To ask other readers questions about The Ghost and Miss Demure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghost and Miss Demure

Amelia-Irene
Sep 11, 2010 Amelia-Irene rated it it was amazing
I hope that there are more books to come invoiving this couple.
Kristen
Apr 20, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it
This was an unusual ghost story, and it started slowly, but in the end I quite enjoyed it as a light, fluffy, fun read.

The beginning of this felt a bit choppy and disjointed, but it settled down around page 50 and found its flow.

This is kind of hard to describe though. There's definitely a ghost/haunted house component, but there's also some romance, some gothic, some historical and just a touch of cozy elements here. What brings is all together is the character of Karo. She is a bit neurotic, b
Paranormal Romance
Jobless after making the mistake of dating her boss and then making an even bigger error in letting him take credit for her research, the heroine jumps on the opportunity to work at an old Bayou mansion getting the estate ready for tourism. Even if she does just consider it a filler job, she's excited by history and the place does seem to have genuine antiques for her to look at. But life has never been easy for the heroine so why did she think her new job would be anything but difficult? Steppi ...more
Mary Kennedy
Jul 02, 2010 Mary Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Recently, I sat down with Melanie Jackson, author of The Ghost and Miss Demure to talk about her new release, where she finds her inspiration and her lifelong love of history.

On your website, you invite readers to take a walk on the Wildside, visit the past and explore new worlds. Are you drawn to any particular genre as your "first love" or do all genres attract you?

I'm a voracious reader of most genres and also non-fiction, but the first adult books I read were Gone With The Wind and Conan The
Cheryl
Apr 29, 2014 Cheryl rated it really liked it
This was a good read. i enjoyed the very descriptive storyline and how the story progressed. i think that it could have been a little smoother thru the reading process without all the filler that came in between, however i still enjoyed it.
Nancy Haddock
Very good story, and marvelous language in the writing!
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Sep 08, 2013 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it liked it
If it wasn't the fun & enthusiastic communication between the 2 characters, I don't think I would have been able to finish this book. So to be honest with myself this is more of a 2.5 rather than a 3 in my way of thinking.
Andrea
Jun 27, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book...and I can't wait to read more from this author.
Jan
Jan 03, 2014 Jan rated it it was ok
Kind of dumb. No unity throughout entire story.
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
gina
gina rated it it was ok
May 17, 2016
LandM
LandM added it
May 11, 2016
Char Dauterman
Char Dauterman marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
sally jane favazzo
sally jane favazzo rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Barbara Strickland
Barbara Strickland rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Sheri Bishop
Sheri Bishop marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Marisa Boone
Marisa Boone is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 27, 2015
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Melanie, an award-winning author of more than fifty novels, stories and poems lives with her writer husband in the California Gold Country with their cat (also a writer who has a page on myspace) and their dog (who is hoping to get a page on facebook as soon as she masters typing). Melanie likes gardening but hates the deer who also like her garden, and she volunteers at a local animal shelter.
More about Melanie Jackson...